Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 09:45 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,098,215 times

Advertisements

Pre-made dough can be pretty good.

Slo-Joe's - we go once a year. Last time was June, and service was the best we have experienced. Pizza was great. The time before that was summer of 2012... we waited 45 minutes for our pizza. It wasn't crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 AM

157 posts, read 195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
Famous Slow's? Has their service improved at all? The pizza is good but I haven't been back in well over a year, and won't even though it is just down the road, until I hear that things have turned around.

I've taken to just making my pizza from scratch at home, and am plenty happy with that! Rewarding, cheap, and delicious!
I've never been in a terrible rush when there so I suppose that was never a deciding factor for me. Any issues we've had, they've been happy to correct.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
I took my family to Stevi B's last night...

Old 12-17-2013, 06:40 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
lol, doesn't sound like a winner.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 AM

157 posts, read 195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
The rowsdowers went Sunday before the church rush. As I expected, it was similar to pizza inn which was far less busy as I drove by heading home.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:35 PM

25 posts, read 35,696 times
I resisted posting in response to being squelched months ago, but feel compelled to post one last time. I found out the hard way that the north al city data "local pizza thread" was more about the folks who "owned" the thread vice distribution of info to those that were really interested in local pizza regardless of corporate affiliation. Personally, I don't need thread "owners" or "heavies" to promote biased or censured reviews of service,"mouthfeel" (really?) and other such network nonsense. (Especially when they offer reviews of the same flavor/subject they subsequently condemn.). Rather, i'd be more appreciative if I, as a pizza enthusiast, was simply advised of local market availability and style (the consumer being more than adequate a judge of quality and his/her own taste). But apparently thats not to be expected here. Case in point - Boot Pizzeria, Scottsboro Geno's and DJ's having been ignored, even in spite of mention by some on thread. (Geno's has been in scottsboro for years but it took a late mention in terms of thread life to get a thread owners "sanctioned" review. Boot been around for couple months now, nothing. I'm writing from the "new" DJ's - of direct relation to the 1990's DJ's of Moores Mill Road and Hazel Green. (I had a DJ's special and a $5 48 oz pitcher of Yuengling. I'll definitely be coming back!))

So are places like The Boot, DJ's and other uncovered "local" pizza joints the end all to beat all? No. Has the city data local pizza thread adequately covered them, NO! (Apparently you have to be one of the chosen to provide a review.). Are they good and worthy of your support? By definition absolutely, and unequivocally YES!

You may not like me, this post, my opinion or tastes, but don't hold accountable good local pizza due to dislikes of me, nor shortcomings of this thread. Subscribe to others tastes, opinion and convenience and you'll miss out on respectable LOCAL pizza.

(Keeper, please relieve me of membership herein.)

MadisonGene-O

Old 01-24-2014, 09:43 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,098,215 times
Gene,

What are you talking about?

I haven't been to any of the three you mentioned, yet. I do want to try the Boot. I've heard positives, but I'm not usually in that zone, or Scottsboro for Geno's.

Where is DJ's?

Mouth feel - that's from an episode of Brooklyn 99. Hilarious show. One of the characters has a pizza blog. He rates it according to "mouth feel".

Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonGene-O View Post
...You may not like me, this post, my opinion or tastes...
I think you're confusing the normal banter with disdain. I'm often jokingly "attacked" whenever I mention that I think Imo's Pizza is great, but my opinions aren't discounted (or are they ) when I comment on other pizza places. From what I've read here, I don't think there are any regular posters who are malicious and/or discount the opinions of others.

While you're at it give us a review of that pizza you just ate.

BTW - I can say that Todaro's Pizza in Clemson makes a pretty tasty pie - I had one of their pizzas last weekend. Good crust with a bit of bite, right amount of fresh sauce, perfect amount of cheese, and just the right amount of ingredients.

And I still think Imo's Pizza is GREAT!

Old 01-25-2014, 03:10 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Gene,

What are you talking about?

I haven't been to any of the three you mentioned, yet. I do want to try the Boot. I've heard positives, but I'm not usually in that zone, or Scottsboro for Geno's.

Where is DJ's?

Mouth feel - that's from an episode of Brooklyn 99. Hilarious show. One of the characters has a pizza blog. He rates it according to "mouth feel".
Not even going to address that post.

But yeah, Boot is on my list too.

I was just waiting for Eddie to try it.

And that was talked about...

Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,037,369 times
Where is this boots you speak of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area