Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 05:34 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,210,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Kroger Shopping Center on Jeff Road side (from what I understand).
Actually the Sam and Greg's will be beside the Kroger in Madison, off of Hughes Rd. It will sit to the north of the current Kroger gas pumps...the land has already been cleared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,098,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Actually the Sam and Greg's will be beside the Kroger in Madison, off of Hughes Rd. It will sit to the north of the current Kroger gas pumps...the land has already been cleared.
Thanks! I was wondering why I didn't notice it the last time I was by Kroger on Jeff.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 AM

25 posts, read 35,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMadHatter View Post
I would put Pizza Inn in Madison right there with CiCi's.
I hate to admit it, but I will, vey infrequently and sober even, will visit the Madison Pizza Inn. My 12yo likes their chocolate plastic, errr pudding. (But I can't eat at CiCi's. I may have to modify a pizza adage I use : : "pizza is much like sex - even the worst isn't so bad" to "pizza is much like sex - even the worst isn't so bad, with the exception of CiCi's and Imo's".)

Old 09-16-2013, 07:34 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,037,939 times
We also will go to the Pizza Inn in Madison, though maybe only twice per year, which is plenty, especially since we live in Hazel Green. The problem with that Pizza Inn is the same problem Subway has, no matter what you get, it all tastes the same. That said, they have orange soda and a soft serve machine. Orange creamcicle floats, nom nom nom.

The quote re bad sex I remember is from Jerry Seinfeld, which after googling to see the exact phrasing, I don't this it's really him who said it. Maybe Alex Baldwin: "Nothing's better than good sex. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex." Or something like that, phrased more witty I'm sure.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:56 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,595,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
We also will go to the Pizza Inn in Madison, though maybe only twice per year, which is plenty, especially since we live in Hazel Green. The problem with that Pizza Inn is the same problem Subway has, no matter what you get, it all tastes the same. That said, they have orange soda and a soft serve machine. Orange creamcicle floats, nom nom nom.

The quote re bad sex I remember is from Jerry Seinfeld, which after googling to see the exact phrasing, I don't this it's really him who said it. Maybe Alex Baldwin: "Nothing's better than good sex. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex." Or something like that, phrased more witty I'm sure.
I hadn't been to Pizza Hut in several years so I got a pizza there recently. It wasn't bad but just didn't seem anywhere as good as I had remembered. Am I imagining things? Have they lowered their quality in order to sell pizzas for $10?

We ate pizza at a CiCi's last fall. I remember that in the past they had been just Ok but this time all the pizza tasted terrible.

I haven't eaten at Pizza Inn in a long time. How have they held up since the economy took a downturn?

All the pizza adds on TV with each company trying to undercut the competition makes me wonder how any of them are making it. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them have lowered their quality in order to remain competitive.

I guess I need to look some more through this thread to find somewhere to get pizza other than at a major chain. Maybe I will find a place that still has good pizza.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
I hadn't been to Pizza Hut in several years so I got a pizza there recently. It wasn't bad but just didn't seem anywhere as good as I had remembered. Am I imagining things? Have they lowered their quality in order to sell pizzas for $10.
I'm not crazy! I used to love Pizza Hut pan pizzas - hard(almost gritty), buttery crust. But I noticed a distinct change almost a decade ago now. Indeed, I think they've changed many things to lower food cost none of which are good. We don't eat Pizza Hut, even with coupons.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:57 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,098,835 times
hey guys,

I know I'm looking to leave HSV, but don't push me out with talk of Cici's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, Domino's or Papa John's, or even Papa Murphy's.

I hate to be the heavy, but that stuff not up for discussion. Its the same in Anywhere, USA or Podunkia, USA or Timbuktu, Michigan.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
hey guys,

I know I'm looking to leave HSV, but don't push me out with talk of Cici's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, Domino's or Papa John's, or even Papa Murphy's.

I hate to be the heavy, but that stuff not up for discussion. Its the same in Anywhere, USA or Podunkia, USA or Timbuktu, Michigan.
Agreed.

The point of this thread was to discuss LOCAL pizza options and determine the best of the best.

CiCis and any other garbage national chain is hardly going to make the cut.

But yes, to answer the question earlier.

Pizza Hut did have to start compromising on quality ingredients, they HAD to compete with the other national chains.

And "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza" is the worst slogan ever, someone recently tried to investigate just what that meant if you guessed it was just BS. It is.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:53 PM

Wow. Sure. Have fun.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 7,158 times
Personally I enjoy the Publix generic pizzas hella more than any chain (and some locals) pizzerias
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area