Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 03:18 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeBusRider View Post
Struggling is an understatement!! You know when the Bridge Street manager spins the opening of H&M as "huge" and "big expansion" meaning let's drain the pond and bring in a Belk... the upscale mall is in big trouble. No rose colored glasses for me, thank you very much.

Like I said, Parkway City II coming soon... LOL
Um, the opening of H&M was pretty "HUGE" considering we got the first one to come to Alabama (not Birmingham) and it is a highly desired store. I think most people thought that was pretty HUGE as well, not just the BS manager.

While there have been a few stores and restaurants close their doors, I would say that is more due to the nature of those stores/restaurants than the overall shopping center.

For example, Kate Spade. Doomed from the start. I would guess most people have no clue who Kate Spade is, much less be willing to pay premium prices for purse, accessories, ect. especially when you can go online and find a much better selection of her products from her website. I LOVE Kate Spade yet only purchased one small phone case there.

Dolce....OVERPRICED and not worth the money. Dolce survived for a long time having their "half price" nights but that is the only time it was worth it, and their service/food declined significantly over time.

The Smokehouse....NASTY. That is why it closed.

Ketchup.....once again, NASTY and overpriced.

I really hate Tommy's closed, but he couldn't make it over at his location off Whitesburg where I am sure the rent was MUCH less, so I am not surprised to see him close the doors at Bridgestreet. Maybe it wasn't as much about LOCATION as it was about his FOOD (which I happened to love his pizza, but it was never crowded in there so obviously others did not agree).

Overall, the majority of tenants in Bridgestreet have kept their doors opened and done very well since the beginning....so your argument really doesn't hold water. And I HIGHLY doubt anything built in Decatur is going to lead to the downfall of Bridgestreet. The Belk from what I have been told will be on par with the Belk at the Summit....which is a complete night and day difference from the two already here. MUCH more upscale. And I am QUITE sure the outer expansion would not have happened had the management seen a decline or even CONSIDERED such stupidity as making BS an amusement park. REALLY?????

And Parkway Place is doing quite well so I am sure Bridgestreet management wouldn't mind being on par with them. I am assuming that is who you were referring to when you mentioned "Parkway City Mall".

But its about to be an amusement park according to you, correct? Because THAT is what Huntsville really needs and can support (turning my sarcasm off).

Old 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM

331 posts, read 511,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post

But its about to be an amusement park according to you, correct? Because THAT is what Huntsville really needs and can support (turning my sarcasm off).
No that was according to me. Not Reggie. And he probably has his 2 malls mixed up. I am sure he is thinking more like Madison Square Mall. (tuning your sarcasm out)

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 06-01-2013, 05:39 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
To which he stated the same thing, read his post after yours.

This forum is supposed to be for good, honest feedback and information for those that live here and those that want more information about the area, yet it seems like it has taken a turn here recently and not for the better.

I'm shaking my head at how a thread about a multimillion dollar retail center that is just a few years old (with new businesses continually being added and retail space being built around it) being made into an AMUSEMENT PARK got to 12 pages on here.....the whole thing seems curiously "trollish".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownfeen View Post
Don't feed the trolls.
Yep. This thread needed a lock a LONG time ago.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 06-01-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 08:03 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Maybe Bridge Street is turning into an amusement park - they do have a miniature train running around the sidewalks.

BTW did my part to keep BS going - bought some stuff at H&M...

Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 AM

331 posts, read 511,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
To which he stated the same thing, read his post after yours.

This forum is supposed to be for good, honest feedback and information for those that live here and those that want more information about the area, yet it seems like it has taken a turn here recently and not for the better.

I'm shaking my head at how a thread about a multimillion dollar retail center that is just a few years old (with new businesses continually being added and retail space being built around it) being made into an AMUSEMENT PARK got to 12 pages on here.....the whole thing seems curiously "trollish".

Yep. This thread needed a lock a LONG time ago.
Keep adding replies to it, that's the best way to make it go away

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeBusRider View Post
Struggling is an understatement!! You know when the Bridge Street manager spins the opening of H&M as "huge" and "big expansion" meaning let's drain the pond and bring in a Belk... the upscale mall is in big trouble. No rose colored glasses for me, thank you very much.

Like I said, Parkway City II coming soon... LOL
I don't understand your reference to Parkway City Mall either. It is actually called Parkway Place Mall now and it is actually doing very well.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 AM

445 posts, read 771,003 times
I really dont get all the Belk hate. I have been to a Macy's and I have been to a Super-Belk (or whatever the call the one at the Summit) and IMO Belk is just as good.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post
I really dont get all the Belk hate. I have been to a Macy's and I have been to a Super-Belk (or whatever the call the one at the Summit) and IMO Belk is just as good.
IMO, Belk is more upscale than Macy's, it is more equivalent to Norstrom.

Diller is more in line with Macy's.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:12 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post

BTW did my part to keep BS going - bought some stuff at H&M...
Did you buy the $5/pair swimming trunks?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 AM

252 posts, read 321,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I don't understand your reference to Parkway City Mall either. It is actually called Parkway Place Mall now and it is actually doing very well.
In simple terms, Bridge Street will be just another mall and not the hyped "upscale mall". That is what I mean by Parkway II. Color me crazy, but I don't think a city the size of Huntsville has the consumer spending power to support madison square, parkway, bridge street, gateway, sweetwater, and whatever else is in the works.

What erks me is the city throwing $4 million in incentives at bridge street expansion. What a waste of our tax dollars. Of course, we don't know what is best for us. The politicians do.

I agree with you about Parkway Place. It is successful IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area