Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times

Advertisements

I owned a Spitfire back in the early 80s and that thing was a nightmare. Nuts and bolts would show-up on the floorboard as I drove it, so I would collect them hoping to see where they went later (never did find out).

Once, the speedometer cable came loose and was writhing around on the floorboard until it caught my pants leg and got all twisted-up in the fabric.

I had to tune the carburetor every time the temperature and/or humidity changed.

When it rained various lights would decide to go out and come back on again randomly.

The transmission clunked one day as I was backing-up. From that point on I had to push the car to back-up as I only had forward gears.

Not a very reliable car for the only means of transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM

283 posts, read 434,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL50 View Post
Hi Samir,

Small correction.
It is North Alabama British Motoring Society.
Oops! Sorry about that. I always shorten it since I'm usually talking to someone in the Huntsville area about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
North Alabama British Motor Society? Is that where people have their Triumphs and MG's towed to the restaurant to show them off?

(Sorry, had to say that. Dad used to have a POS TR3. That doesn't stand for point of sale. I've always wanted a TR7, until I came to my senses.)

Quote:
Watch out what you say ...
Another friend, Mike, he had, closed now, the shop International Motors on Commercial Drive in Huntsville.
His mechanics name was Luke, but his real name was Lucas.
And he loved working on Brit cars.
He now owns Wheel Fix It in Huntsville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Wheel Fix It is great! I always use them personally and recommend them to my clients
Luke is a great guy and really takes pride in his work. I take all my wheel mounting work to them too.
Quote:
That way the US made cars had in Europe the very same bad reputation as the Brit cars in the US.
Very interesting! Doesn't surprise me though. Even today the cars in Europe for their domestic market have a lot more quality than what we get. I saw that in Korea too when I saw Hyundai Sonata police cars.

So how many of you NAMBS'rs and enthusiasts do I know in this thread? What a small world!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:44 PM

85 posts, read 98,460 times
Going to greenbrier next week. I can't wait to see what it is like inside and meet the new staff. Good times indeed!

Old 11-07-2013, 04:10 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times
Still no update on their Fbook page.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:01 PM

I heard mid November. If they are not open next Friday I guess we will go to the other one. Ugh!!!!

I REALLY wish we would get a Famous Dave's. I know it is a chain but it is better than any BBQ in these parts.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 AM

157 posts, read 195,391 times
I was in Chattanooga over the weekend. Famous Dave's has Rowsdower's vote.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 AM

Lucky you Zap! I looked at bringing the franchise to Huntsville last year but the start up was too steep at 1.5 mil. It would be nice to have a joint in town that offers BBQ and brisket.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 PM

OMG! Went to greenbrier today. It is closed with no open date posted. Getting tired of the old one. Ugh!

Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegaeBusRider View Post
I REALLY wish we would get a Famous Dave's. I know it is a chain but it is better than any BBQ in these parts.
You poor, misled person.
Famous Dave's is OK, but nothing on some of the local folks. Unfortunately, the good stuff in Decatur is at places where it's either carryout, or not open at night.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM

283 posts, read 434,798 times
I'm not a BBQ person, but how's 306 BBQ in Athens? That place is packed almost every time I drive by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area