Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,603 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could by fresh fish. I never understood why we are right on the Tennessee River but I can't find a single place to buy fresh fish. It was a place off hobbs island rd that had fresh fish swimming around ,you picked it they prepared it however you wanted. But I believe the owner passed and no one kept it going, I really miss that place. Great memories , well if anyone knows of a place to get fresh fish from please help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 06:47 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
A&V seafood market in jones valley on cecil ashburn. We buy real seafood there and I am not sure if they have local river fish such as catfish or not as I never look for it......we have a pond stocked with catfish for that.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM

183 posts, read 229,164 times
I've been in A&V and walked out as well. The place smells very fishy, but not in the right way. It smells like old fish. Yeah, fish smells fishy, but the offensive fishy smells come from old fish, not fresh fish. YMMV.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,603 times
Thank you all for your responses. Yes me and my wife wasn't to fond of A&V seafood either.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:35 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Publix will order any type of fresh (not frozen) fish for you with 72 hr notice - just picked up some incredible Wolf fish on Wednesday there and he gave me their list of fish they can get...

Old 04-10-2015, 12:04 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
OP, you may want to do a little research into the DDT plant that sat on the arsenal near the river in the 1940s and 1950s...also remember that we have a lot of agriculture around here...enormous fields growing cotton, soybeans, corn, wheat....that get aerial spraying 3 or 4 times a year....with runoff...

That said, you could always go fishing. For free! Catfish, gar, crappie, bass...lots of fish to be eaten...

Old 04-10-2015, 05:55 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
I agree with Publix too. Not fresh but they ordered a friend of mine loves shark and he had been looking for someplace to buy it when I saw it at Publix. They ordered him a case.

There is a little fish market in Guntersville on Hwy 69 right after you pass Sundown Dr. on the right. Hoppers in Baileyton gets in fresh seafood on Fridays from the gulf.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:22 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
OP, you may want to do a little research into the DDT plant that sat on the arsenal near the river in the 1940s and 1950s...also remember that we have a lot of agriculture around here...enormous fields growing cotton, soybeans, corn, wheat....that get aerial spraying 3 or 4 times a year....with runoff...

That said, you could always go fishing. For free! Catfish, gar, crappie, bass...lots of fish to be eaten...
That makes the catfish, gar, crappie, bass etc., sound SO appealing to eat!

Old 07-25-2015, 07:08 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Folks, there is a new fresh fish place on Jordan (HWY 53) and Martin Luther King BLVD....about a 1/4 miles south of that intersection.

I asked "how fresh" and he stated he goes to FL twice a week and brings back the fish.

Numerous fish with heads under ice....

You maybe able to order what you want.

Now, when you walk in, it smells Korean/fishy.....they do have Korean "stuff" there, but I think I'll be stopping back by...

Old 07-25-2015, 07:58 PM

100 posts, read 97,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Folks, there is a new fresh fish place on Jordan (HWY 53) and Martin Luther King BLVD....about a 1/4 miles south of that intersection.

I asked "how fresh" and he stated he goes to FL twice a week and brings back the fish.

Numerous fish with heads under ice....

You maybe able to order what you want.

Now, when you walk in, it smells Korean/fishy.....they do have Korean "stuff" there, but I think I'll be stopping back by...
Wow, 2 trips to Florida a week. I hope he's profiting from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area