Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Is this coming fro the west or from the east?
Both directions are impacted since both exits from 565 merge into one shared "staging area" at the traffic signal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 07:03 AM

626 posts, read 754,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
Maybe it was a coincidence but Wall Triana / Sullivan was completely clear just after 5:00 PM today. If this is the new normal, I like it!
Everyone wants to use the new exit...give it a few days when people decide to use the Wall Triana exit again.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 AM

103 posts, read 252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
"Be happy you have roads" - ALDOT
LOL.

Madison is the only area in the Valley with traffic problems. ALDOT needs real money to reengineer the roads and stop patching a lousy infrastructure like the county line exit. Until we get an I-665 from Hwy 20 to Hwy 72, the traffic woes will continue. Period!!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wehut View Post
LOL.

Madison is the only area in the Valley with traffic problems. ALDOT needs real money to reengineer the roads and stop patching a lousy infrastructure like the county line exit. Until we get an I-665 from Hwy 20 to Hwy 72, the traffic woes will continue. Period!!
Its not just Madison. Its Madison and Huntsville.

Research Park is a crawl from 445 to about 530 going north until past 72
Capshaw is a crawl going west at the same time
North parkway gets real slow from 565 to Winchester at the same time.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Its not just Madison. Its Madison and Huntsville.

Research Park is a crawl from 445 to about 530 going north until past 72
Capshaw is a crawl going west at the same time
North parkway gets real slow from 565 to Winchester at the same time.
Capshaw is a nightmare. I took the new exit on county line yesterday to avoid Capshaw but I just dont think it did any good

Old 04-14-2015, 08:52 AM

614 posts, read 766,405 times
We say some of the roads are a crawl during rush hour, and fuss at ALDOT, and I agree, but really. Compare our traffic to Nashville or Atlanta. We have it so sweet here.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
We say some of the roads are a crawl during rush hour, and fuss at ALDOT, and I agree, but really. Compare our traffic to Nashville or Atlanta. We have it so sweet here.
I get tired of that argument. The outer areas of Huntsville are not as big as the outer areas of Nashville and Atlanta. Capshaw is a 2 lane road with issues such as a left turn onto Balch that has no turning lane. And good luck when the garbage truck is doing its thing during the morning rush.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
I agree...our traffic "woes" are nothing in the grand scheme of things, or compared to other cities. But it seems like this area is WAY behind the curve of keeping up with growth. That's poor planning all the way around. The worst area is probably Harvest/Monrovia/Toney. If you live in the area that's North of Hwy 72, West of Research Park & Hwy 53, that is probably the worst commute because other than 72 or 53, the roads just weren't made to accommodate the volume of traffic that travels them every day. Old Monrovia/Capshaw is classic example of this.

I know it's hard to anticipate & stay ahead of growth with respect to roads, but this whole area isn't just behind the curve. It's so far behind, it can't even see the curve

Old 04-14-2015, 09:49 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
According to the Madison City engineer, the timing of the lights will be fixed before this evening's rush hour. The city currently has the default timer settings on the lights until they can get an accurate traffic count, but plan to at least increase the left turn cycle onto CL by this evening.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:56 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
According to the Madison City engineer, the timing of the lights will be fixed before this evening's rush hour. The city currently has the default timer settings on the lights until they can get an accurate traffic count, but plan to at least increase the left turn cycle onto CL by this evening.
Awesome! I'll give it a go and see how it compares. yesterday when I went though the light around 5:00, there *may* have been 5 or 6 cars that got through the left turn signal before it turned yellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area