Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 11:33 AM

13,034 posts, read 9,573,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Was there ever a chance that place was going to be ready for this season? It sure doesn't look like it. They are probably thankful Covid 19 delayed the opening and gave them more time. While we are talking about the baseball stadium, does anyone have connections and could mention to them that the letters in "Field" being misaligned makes the entire development look half assed? Those letters being misaligned have been discussed for a few months now but they still have not been re-positioned. At this point it is starting to look like they are going to let it slide and it will forever be sloppy and tacky looking.
I think the stadium would have been ready for the planned opening (perhaps not the parking lots?), but given the Zierdt Road progress rate, I doubt it would have been ready and may not for next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 05:31 AM

271 posts, read 294,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_NorthHSV View Post
When Breland was named as behind the development and I found out that it would have a major housing element, I was convinced that was their main objective. I just look over there as I'm driving by and see the housing units getting built and everyday it kind of cements my opinion of Breland. They are a housing developer, not much else.
]

Even Clift Farms, which is massive is primarly houses and townhomes. There will be a Publix, attached leased space and a large parking lot of other leased space and a handful of out parcels be available for more restaurants and retail.

I honestly don't understand how Village of Providence has not been a proof of concept for Breland. That's exactly what Town Madison should have been but on a larger scale (not even the original plans were going for that). RCP Companies (Mid City, City Centre) & Providence Properties (Village of Providence) have to be laughing at Breland so far. Once Breland revealed it's updated site map with mostly asphalt parking I knew he was clueless.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:43 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,598,289 times
Huntsville Roadway Improvement Projects
https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadworkprojects/

Gateway Phase 2
Last updated April 29, 2020

Secured Gateway

Old Highway 20
Last updated May 20, 2020

Northern Bypass (East of Memorial Parkway)
Last updated June 11, 2019

Greenbrier Parkway

Church Street Phase I

Research Park Blvd. Southbound Improvements at Gate 9
Last updated December 3, 2018

Five Points Streetscape Project
Last updated May 18, 2020

Haysland Road Extension Phase II

Winchester Road from Dominion to Naugher Road

Martin Road Improvements Phase II

Martin Road Improvements Phase 1

Zierdt Road Improvements

Research Park Boulevard (SR 255) between University Drive (U.S. 72) and Old Madison Pike

Cecil Ashburn Drive

Northern Bypass (West of Memorial Parkway)

US 231 from Hobbs Island Road to Weatherly Road

U.S. 72 West between Providence Main and County Line Road

North Memorial Parkway at Mastin Lake Road

South Parkway at Martin Road, Byrd Spring and Lily Flagg
Last updated August 15, 2019

Old 06-12-2020, 08:47 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,596,222 times
Well the half ass I-565 widening project begins this weekend. Should take up to 18 months with most work overnight and incentives to finish early.
Pay close attention to how this project evolves and how not widen a freeway.
But you will take it and learn to like it.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
]

Even Clift Farms, which is massive is primarly houses and townhomes. There will be a Publix, attached leased space and a large parking lot of other leased space and a handful of out parcels be available for more restaurants and retail.

I honestly don't understand how Village of Providence has not been a proof of concept for Breland. That's exactly what Town Madison should have been but on a larger scale (not even the original plans were going for that). RCP Companies (Mid City, City Centre) & Providence Properties (Village of Providence) have to be laughing at Breland so far. Once Breland revealed it's updated site map with mostly asphalt parking I knew he was clueless.
Town Madison might have changed directions a couple of times, but what is there so far looks pretty good. I'd love for it to be a Providence clone, and many of the houses and what I assume to be retail (across from the stadium outfield on Town Madison Blvd) have the Providence flavor. Most likely Covid has negatively affected his retail and restaurant plans, at least temporarily.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Well the half ass I-565 widening project begins this weekend. Should take up to 18 months with most work overnight and incentives to finish early.
Pay close attention to how this project evolves and how not widen a freeway.
But you will take it and learn to like it.
I still don't understand why what is basically a resurfacing and restriping program should take 18 months to complete. Of course, it's taken over 10 years and still counting to widen 3.5 miles of Zierdt Rd, so there's that ....

Going east from downtown, we'll have 8 lanes (10 or more at times), then down to 6, then down to 4 for a mile or so, then up to 6, then down to 4 again before hitting the 65 interchange and over the course of about 20 miles.

Presumably they're doing such top-notch designs in B'ham and Montgomery as well; it can't just be here, can it??

Will 565 still meet Interstate standards after this is done?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:18 AM

AU HSV and others who keep track - are the hotel and other large projects still a go after Covid?

By these I mean some of the larger ones, like Hyatt House downtown, the 7-story Marriott in Town Madison, the Marriott Signature downtown, and perhaps others.

How about the amphitheater? Other large MidCity projects? And the new city hall? Still a go? The new Federal Courthouse? TheCoca Cola property. Any other big projects you can think of - are they still on track?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:59 PM

375 posts, read 515,120 times
The seven story Marriot at Town Madison went before the Madison Planning Commission in the past two months. I believe it was the April meeting.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:20 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,524,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Huntsville Roadway Improvement Projects
https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadworkprojects/

Gateway Phase 2

Secured Gateway

Old Highway 20

Northern Bypass (East of Memorial Parkway)
Last updated June 11, 2019

Greenbrier Parkway

Church Street Phase I

Research Park Blvd. Southbound Improvements at Gate 9
Last updated December 3, 2018

Five Points Streetscape Project

Haysland Road Extension Phase II

Winchester Road from Dominion to Naugher Road

Martin Road Improvements Phase II

Martin Road Improvements Phase 1

Zierdt Road Improvements

Research Park Boulevard (SR 255) between University Drive (U.S. 72) and Old Madison Pike

Cecil Ashburn Drive

Northern Bypass (West of Memorial Parkway)

US 231 from Hobbs Island Road to Weatherly Road

U.S. 72 West between Providence Main and County Line Road

North Memorial Parkway at Mastin Lake Road

South Parkway at Martin Road, Byrd Spring and Lily Flagg
Last updated August 15, 2019
We live north of Madison, and it's a shame that there's not the first move to improve the north/south roads on the north end of Madison County. I'm talking Wall-Triana, Jeff Road, Old Railroad Road, Sanderson Road. It's also a shame that Hwy 53 from Ardmore to Jeff Rd. hasn't got the first turn lane, and it remains a very dangerous road.

You have no idea how congested all of these roads are all the time. Late nights, it's hard to sleep with all of the motorcycles and cars with open exhausts

If Madison County is going to grow fast, the northern end of the county will have massive growth. It's long past due that the roads there be improved to match the traffic.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:45 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,850,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
We live north of Madison, and it's a shame that there's not the first move to improve the north/south roads on the north end of Madison County. I'm talking Wall-Triana, Jeff Road, Old Railroad Road, Sanderson Road. It's also a shame that Hwy 53 from Ardmore to Jeff Rd. hasn't got the first turn lane, and it remains a very dangerous road.

You have no idea how congested all of these roads are all the time. Late nights, it's hard to sleep with all of the motorcycles and cars with open exhausts

If Madison County is going to grow fast, the northern end of the county will have massive growth. It's long past due that the roads there be improved to match the traffic.

As for Hwy 53, ALDOT has been "planning" for what 25 years now. lol Don't hold your breath on them doing anything in the near future either. If we want anything done, we will have to find a way to cut them out of the picture and do it ourselves. It will have to come as something like a sales tax increase dedicated to road improvements only like Huntsville city did.

On the loud motorcycles and cars, that is rural living outside the city limits for the most part. It comes with the territory. I was once told the reason they enforce the sound ordinance on car stereos but not Harley's is because kids have loud car stereos but lawyers, judges and business owners have Harley's and restored classic muscle cars with loud exhaust. Harley's are more obnoxious than anything in my book. I like the sound of a good exhaust on a Camaro, Corvette or Mustang but the sound of a Harley is just a nasty sound. What is worse than that though is jake brakes on 18 wheelers.....those should be outlawed because that sound can carry for miles in the cool night air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area