Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 09:41 AM

66 posts, read 45,931 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into the possibility of Relocating from out of state to the Madison area
and need to have excellent cardiac care.

Would like to know what people who live in the area think about the quality of care at the heart center
as well as other hospitals? Are they rated High in the Country or just for Alabama?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 09:57 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
One of the best there is...from 2018

Huntsville Hospital is in an elite tier of U.S. hospitals when it comes to heart and spine surgery. The Hospital was ranked in America’s 50 Best for Cardiac Surgery and 100 Best for Spine Surgery. That’s according to a national study by Healthgrades.

Healthgrades evaluates 4,500 hospitals nationwide for it’s ranking system according to Huntsville Hospital.

This ranking sets Huntsville Hospital apart from other hospitals in Alabama. Huntsville Hospital is the only one in Alabama to be among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for spine surgery. It’s also the only hospital that’s received the America’s Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery for 5 consecutive years.

https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/c...ma-by-u-s-news

and if required Vanderbilt/Nashville or UAB/Birmingham are only 90 minutes away

Old 07-25-2021, 11:52 AM

12,975 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott462 View Post
I'm looking into the possibility of Relocating from out of state to the Madison area
and need to have excellent cardiac care.

Would like to know what people who live in the area think about the quality of care at the heart center
as well as other hospitals? Are they rated High in the Country or just for Alabama?

Thanks!!!
They're great. I had bypass surgery in Huntsville Hospital a bit over 5 years ago and they couldn't have been better. I highly recommend them.

My cardiologist is moving from the Huntsville Heart Center location to the Madison Heart Center location in August. So they're expanding their footprint.

I have no experiece with Crestwood or Madison Hospital so can't speak either way about those.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:12 PM

I'm so happy to hear that, thank you so much!!!!!!

My next concern is flooding. Do certain communities in Madison have flooding problems
when it rains too much in a short period of time?

Old 07-25-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that, thank you so much!!!!!!

My next concern is flooding. Do certain communities in Madison have flooding problems
when it rains too much in a short period of time?
Not really but it does happen on occasion, Huntsville has floodplain restrictions. We have had lots of rain this summer and occasional flash flood warnings across the region but nothing of real significance. Areas near the Tennessee, Flint, and Paint Rock rivers are more susceptible to it.
https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/environ.../data-reports/

Old 07-25-2021, 05:23 PM

What about Tornados or Hail? My wife says Huntsville is part of the Dixie corridor and wants to know if the area gets hail damage and Tornado warnings.

Thanks!!!!

Old 07-25-2021, 05:31 PM

294 posts, read 235,606 times
Quote:
What about Tornados or Hail? My wife says Huntsville is part of the Dixie corridor and wants to know if the area gets hail damage and Tornado warnings.

Thanks!!!!
I don't know why anyone would think that, just because I installed a tornado shelter in my garage... Yes, unfortunately, we get more than our share of both.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks!!!!
Yes we get tornado warnings in the spring and fall, but so does nearly every state from Colorado to New York.
You can google tornadoes in Alabama to find out more. When you find utopia please let us all know. FYI Huntsville has excellent weather people with state of the art equipment so you will know in advance what to possibly expect in severe weather.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:43 AM

is the hail large enough to damage cars and roofs and how often do you get Tornado warnings?

Old 07-26-2021, 12:11 PM

704 posts, read 936,073 times
Tornado Tracks from 1950 to 2017

https://mrcc.illinois.edu/gismaps/cntytorn.htm#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area