Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times

Advertisements

[quote=Charles;11297175]You forgot the billboards and the exposed power substations (like the beauty right next to the Huntsville Main Library)

(Public domain photos from Wikimedia Commons, not protected by copyright)

Charles, why don't you post some photos of the COSTCO over on 72--lovely spot that one. Or maybe the tired stretch of 72 near Meth Mall (oops sorry, Madison Square).

I did find a great Greek place today--best gyro I've had in a long time. Location? Next to PLEASURES SEX SHOP. So food and thrills all within seconds of each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
There could be a documentary on meth in the midwest small towns and it is everywhere. Read in the paper last week about small Missouri towns being torn apart by this drug.
There is no way we should even compare Huntsville to those other cities as theya re bigger and of course have more. I have lived here a few years in all and was glad to move back. My only REAL complaint that I really hate about this area is the cost of flying out of here. Hopefully that will get better.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM

Ah Mawoods--you're right of course--but lets not sugarcoat this area. It's by no means the mecca the area's PR dept. are selling to the suckers (oops sorry--potential homeowners). The point made was that no area is perfect. Each has pluses and minuses. Lately the minuses have outweighed the pluses for our household due to the CC&R issues and non-disclosure problems.

I'm sure once that is resolved to many homeowners' satisfactions, the level of happiness and willingness to be happy about living here will go up.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
[

I did find a great Greek place today--best gyro I've had in a long time. Location?

Where is this place? I only know of the downtown restaurant Papous and Jamo's on Jordan Lane. I don't count Taziki's.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 PM

Papa Gyros, near Newks, in the same shopping center. Just google Pleasures to get the precise location off of University Drive :P

The place was packed when we were there. Awesome food.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Papa Gyros, near Newks, in the same shopping center. Just google Pleasures to get the precise location off of University Drive :P

The place was packed when we were there. Awesome food.
Oops, I forgot about that one. I've been there.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:47 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
Huntsville PR is very good and the city keeps getting on those lists which further enhances the area. However, when I think of other places we have lived and what I saw on the internet and booklets before I got there, well let's just say there were some surprises too. Even the neighborhoods looked good until you drive in. I think that all Chambers do this.

Oh well, I am older than most of you and I guess it suits us at this time. We like the 4 seasons, being close to mountains that we can hike and close to Birmingham, Nashville and Chattanooga.No traffic really and we have met some nice people. I could improve it with better airline prices out of here and restaurants. Also, I think we all need to get involved in solving some of these issues we don't like. Personally I am trying to figure out how to do that around here. Even writing or calling and giving our opinion might help. I do think the powers around here are terrified that maybe BRAC might not come and they are worried about their reputation - so maybe something can happen for good.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:49 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Quote:
Just google Pleasures to get the precise location off of University Drive :P.
Nooo, Charles, don't do it! If you do it, delete your browsing history ... ... You fill in the "consequences" blanks

Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
Nooo, Charles, don't do it! If you do it, delete your browsing history
Heck, I got those places bookmarked.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Quote:
I did find a great Greek place today--best gyro I've had in a long time. Location? Next to PLEASURES SEX SHOP. So food and thrills all within seconds of each other.
The real hoot will be when Hsv gets a Greek Pleasures, due to mergers and takeovers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area