Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times

Advertisements

If Chick-fil-A was in IF I would indeed be a customer. I would probably also visit a "Carls Jr."

Beyond, that, "Lucy's" is gaining my favoribility, as is Arby's. Arby's in IF does a good job with their franchises. Bravo. I also like Scotty's, keep on doin' what you're doin'! The old Ray's on 17th needs to turn into something good. (Frankly, Ray's wasn't bad...but something obviously went wrong there. Might be a good location for a new entrant.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Yes, Ammon is close to IF, right across the road. The East side of Hitt Rd is Ammon whereas the West side is IF

The mall? Well, since I'm not a shopper, only shop under duress; out of food, clothes etc. etc. , I'm not the one to ask Having said that, the anchor stores are Dillards, Macy's, Sears and JcPenney's with everything else tossed in, it's called Grand Teton Mall and they do have a website she can explore. Grand Teton Mall - Premier Shopping, Dining, Entertainment in Idaho Falls, Idaho

Fazoli's is in a prime location considering the Edward's Cinema is right there and also being across from the mall and the extension of the mall; Best Buy, PetSmart and whatever is going in where Linens and Things failed.

As for ease of in and out, it's hard to be of ease when there's a mall directly across from a few strip malls For someone like me who lacks patience I even hit the venues that are right there So, not too difficult.

I would have no clue as to who to contact, I'm in no man's land out in the County so don't keep on the who's who in either city. City of Ammon Idaho

I can tell you one thing, if you require employees to where hair nets, I will certainly go out of my way to eat there. Sadly, that is one thing Idaho has always lacked in the food industry and nothing will gross me out more than finding a rogue hair in my food .

Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Hi, Nate...
Idaho Falls has chain restaurants everywhere. A lot of folks think there are too many eating places in town, but the chains keep coming in, as I.F. is a regional center.
The Mall area on 17th and Hitt, (including many blocks east and west of the malls) have had quite a few failures, but each failed place is bought up and given another try by someone else. The competition in this area is fierce.
At the same time, the rest of the city, especially the side west of the river, is under-served. There were once many more eating establishments on the west side than there are now, but this situation has changed somewhat over the past couple of years after Walmart built it's second super-store on the west side, just off Interstate 15. This area of the west side has many drive-ins on either side of the highway, and some new restaurants, mostly all chains.

The Yellowstone highway, running north & south through town, was once the major highway, and used to have a lot of the most popular restaurants, which were all local, but are all gone now, with only a couple of exceptions. The same goes for 1st St., which was once the big local drag.

Before deciding to start up a CFA here, I suggest you come out and spend some time, seriously looking over the town and asking questions. 17th St. blew up in the 80's, and was over-developed rapidly, and the same happened in Ammon, where the new strip malls are mostly located. As a result, street access and traffic jams have prevented locations that may look good on paper from succeeding.

Personally, I've never eaten at a CFA, so I know nothing about them. The restaurant I go to most frequently is the North Hi-Way Café, located on N. Yellowstone Ave. It's been there for over 50 years, and is always busy- busier by far than most of the eating places I've seen in the Mall area.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 AM

Hey banjomike, I've probably seen you at North Hi-way

Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 AM

634 posts, read 2,348,863 times
We may have all been at NHC together - who knows? DW and I go there once a month or so.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Hi, Cleosmom...
It's sure possible! I usually go there for lunch 3-4 times a month, most often with my brother. I sometimes wear a cowboy hat, and he always does... but that doesn't say much- so do a lot of the regulars!
The owners, Wes and Roxanne, are old friends of mine, but I've been going there all my life, way before they bought it.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hi, Cleosmom...
It's sure possible! I usually go there for lunch 3-4 times a month, most often with my brother. I sometimes wear a cowboy hat, and he always does... but that doesn't say much- so do a lot of the regulars!
The owners, Wes and Roxanne, are old friends of mine, but I've been going there all my life, way before they bought it.
Hmm, maybe not unless you're going for an early lunch. I'm hooked on breakfast there Not saying the rest of the menu is useless, but after being stuffed for breakfast I'm goo for the rest of the day

Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 AM

5 posts, read 14,662 times
Fazoli's went under last year. Chick-Fil-A bought the building and pulled permits for a remodel job. They decided that it would be better to just tear it down and start over and that's where it's at right now. I believe they have already hired management etc, so I would suspect a finished restaurant sometime this year in Ammon.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,592 times
Nate, I'm from down south originally and moved here for job. Honestly if you're from GA or anywhere south you probably won't like it. It gets brutally cold here, snow, ice etc. CFA might do well here, but if I had my choice I'd go somewhere warmer. Unless you want to be frozen 6 months of the year, kinda miserable.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,562 times
I LOVE LOVE LOVE CFA!!!!!! I would be waiting outside to be one of the first 100 people for days ahead if I have to...My parents live in the Ogden, UT area, and we go to CFA whenever we're in the area. When I heard that CFA may be coming to Idaho Falls, I got really excited and started spreading the word. I hope it doesn't fall through!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls