Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM

432 posts, read 534,261 times

Advertisements

I've been too busy to check the news ect...what am I bowing for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Default New MSA and CSA info

IF Guy, You usually post this info. I will allow you or another that great tradition with just a little info here.

Idaho Falls CSA: 232,740
Idaho Falls MSA: 137, 073

Bonneville County: 107,517

Sorry, I didn't take the time to get the population of each city.

I saw a negative number again for Bannock County.

That's all I have time to do now. Hopefully, some will contribute more as they can.

MSR

Old 04-04-2014, 09:30 AM

385 posts, read 526,687 times
pretty exciting that Home2 Suites is coming to Snake River Landing. I'm pretty loyal to Hilton, so I gave Home2 a try a few weeks ago in Salt Lake. really great hotel -- highly recommended. the layout is really hip, with vibrant colors and modern furniture. Dollar for Dollar (usually less than $100/night), it's near the top of my list

any new news on the new landmark and road signage in Idaho Falls? I remember hearing they were revamping the style to make them more uniform and more appealing to tourists

Old 04-15-2014, 09:47 PM

Default The Home2Suites will be the 5th Hilton Property in idaho Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
pretty exciting that Home2 Suites is coming to Snake River Landing. I'm pretty loyal to Hilton, so I gave Home2 a try a few weeks ago in Salt Lake. really great hotel -- highly recommended. the layout is really hip, with vibrant colors and modern furniture. Dollar for Dollar (usually less than $100/night), it's near the top of my list

any new news on the new landmark and road signage in Idaho Falls? I remember hearing they were revamping the style to make them more uniform and more appealing to tourists
This should be a nice hotel for short or extended stays. I'm glad to see progress on one of the four hotels that were planned by the Events Center.

While Ball Ventures have strong relationships with Hilton and IHC, and some with Marriott, I'd look for a different brand to build a hotel. There are a couple of chains that are building rapidly northward on I-15.

Good news, tmp4

msr

Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 PM

Default Golden Valley Breaks Land in Shelley for New Plant

It's behind schedule but another Ball Venture production plant broke ground in Shelley. This will result in 200 - 400 new jobs.

And it seems appropriate that a new facility for jerky is built. After all, it was the combined businesses of King B Jerky and the Ice Company that got Ball Ventures the foundation to pursue other ventures.
Latest News Headlines | Blackfoot Morning News

It is also good to have jobs that will pay more than those in service industries, such as fast food :!:

Old 04-16-2014, 12:55 PM

385 posts, read 526,687 times
I may have missed it, but what's going on at the south intersection of N Holmes & Northgate (near the golf course)?

there's a cinderblock shell being constructed now. looks like it'll be a pretty large building

Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 AM

Default Car Wash and Detailing Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I may have missed it, but what's going on at the south intersection of N Holmes & Northgate (near the golf course)?

there's a cinderblock shell being constructed now. looks like it'll be a pretty large building
It's a car wash detailing business. I didn't post on purpose given who is building it. He use to have a car wash, some basic repairs and fuel on First street. He just stopped honoring pre-sold passes for washes and other things. Customers couldn't get anything previously paid for services. I know several.

It is true the 1st Street car wash has been sold so we'll see how the new owner treats those who built that business.

Someone else can tell you more about the Northgate Mile structure. I'm currently not a fan of how the owner left dozens to hundreds of people with prepaid passes he decided to ignore.

MSR

Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 AM

432 posts, read 534,261 times
Interesting to note, and I'm sure this has been brought up already, why is the Utah ave roundabout being rebuilt?

I wonder if in order to get some development going the city had to make some changes. It seemed alright to me.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
Yeah, I did bring this up a week or two ago. My feeling is business would improve if Utah was a straight line road. I didn't realize that they had been planning this. The fountain is nice, though frozen much of the year, but it may need to be sacrificed.

There is also something going up just north of Sonic on Yellowstone. Workers clearing the land today. Anyone know?

Last edited by pw72; 04-23-2014 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Yeah, I did bring this up a week or two ago. My feeling is business would improve if Utah was a straight line road. I didn't realize that they had been planning this. The fountain is nice, though frozen much of the year, but it may need to be sacrificed.

There is also something going up just north of Sonic on Yellowstone. Workers clearing the land today. Anyone know?
Or 2-3 months ago, pw72. But whose counting
The point is you did bring it up earlier this year.

Let's list what we do know:

1. Starbucks opens on 5/2. The signs are in. It's been fun watching their building camera I posted.

2. Westside bldg. Cleosmom and I have been working on. I just found that name and need to inform her first. Then we can make an intelligent announcement that some went to a lot of trouble to find info.

3. Freddy's Frozen Custard is going in the WinCo area on Woodruff.

4. New Japanese restaurant. Close to Groberg bldgs (NE corner) of Woodruff and 17th. It's a remodel. I saw that sign today. The name is Ninja's something. Will open in summer.

There was a permit issued for the shooting range months ago, but my understanding was that was to be part of SRL. What do you think, pw72? What type of business would you put by that Sonic and across the street from the Candlewood Suites? I'd say something food or service related to the hotel. Someone should build a Shirt laundry/Dry Cleaners on Pancheri. Oh, I might know what it is - - would something like a car wish fit for the space? I thought that automotive/car wash business was going closer to Skyline High School, but I could be wrong.

You saw the space, pw72. How big or small are we talking?

What does everyone think because I want to write a different post about other interesting requests pertaining to development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls