Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,615,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You and Benicar just don't get it. The elite globalists want to join Mexico with the United States. Obama is merely a puppet that is controlled by them. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Obama myself, but he is not the issue here. Watch the first 15 minutes of this movie, and maybe it will make no sense.

YouTube - Fall of the Republic HQ full length version
No, I DO get it. I simply won’t justify or excuse it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM

175 posts, read 113,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
FAIL !!! A lot of the Democrats and Independents that voted for Obama are sick of him also and a great many are unemployed and suffering because of his decisions. Most of All Americans accross the nation don't want Amnesty.

This is why he won't put it to a vote, Obama is losing and will lose on his Amnesy BS and for attacking the citizentry of Arizona for not only his failure to uphold the laws of this Country but for aiding and abbetting the Illegal Alien Criminal Invaders.
You all kind of remind me of the PUMAs during the Democratic Primaries. Hardcore to the core for Hillary. They swore their would be retribution in the aftermath of Hillary's defeat. Swore that there was a storm on the horizon.

And then the elections came. LOL. There is a difference between zeal and numbers. And I think you all believe because you are loud, you are many. And I don't think you are.

Obama (just like every politician left or right, with any common sense) is poised to make his case to the middle (who he CAN sway) and the left (who will vote for him to avoid getting someone from the right). He can afford to **** off the right fringe because they were never going to vote for him anyway. You all however, cannot win if you do not expand your base... and you are *****ing away yet another growing demographic. Good luck with that.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,615,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
You all kind of remind me of the PUMAs during the Democratic Primaries. Hardcore to the core for Hillary. They swore their would be retribution in the aftermath of Hillary's defeat. Swore that there was a storm on the horizon.

And then the elections came. LOL. There is a difference between zeal and numbers. And I think you all believe because you are loud, you are many. And I don't think you are.

Obama (just like every politician left or right, with any common sense) is poised to make his case to the middle (who he CAN sway) and the left (who will vote for him to avoid getting someone from the right). He can afford to **** off the right fringe because they were never going to vote for him anyway. You all however, cannot win if you do not expand your base... and you are *****ing away yet another growing demographic. Good luck with that.
Illegal immigration is not a partisan issue. Moreover, you are sorely mistaken if you assume all anti-illegal posters on this forum are from the far right, or even the right. I am an Independent who was formerly a Democrat. Common sense transcends (or should) political affiliation.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,466,995 times
Quote:

Do you actually think he won't push the swing vote to the right if he keeps pushing this amnesty carp?

Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,699,864 times
Great political move on the administration's part. I'm glad Obama grew a set of balls. Politics of the purest sort. By filing suit against SB1070, he shows the Hispanics that he is taking a stand. As the case plays out and a decision comes before november elections he will consolidate the Hispanics to vote. I feel the repubs have hung their hat on a losing issue. Hispanics generally do not go to the polls in proportion to their numbers. The republican obstructionism towards comprehensive immigration reform will unify and galvanize the hispanic vote. Without the republican obstructionism the Dems didn't have a chance come Nov. Now it's even money.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 PM

1,984 posts, read 3,888,776 times
Let him challenge it. He'll look like the fool he is when he falls flat on his face and looses. What a moron.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,622,605 times
Quote:
The GOP has got to be the dumbest politically tone deaf organization I have ever seen. Immigration is the new "Southern Strategy" only this one won't even pay dividends before it starts dragging them down.

If Obama is indeed pandering (and I don't concede that he is) he won't have to do it long. The vitriol from the right will ensure that yet another demographic votes solidly democratic for decades to come.
Not everything is about republicans and democrats, or it shouldn't be. I decide where I stand on an issue and then see where the politicians stand. Putting party first leads toward a lack of principles.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,466,995 times
What does this show the American people? It shows them that not only well he fight against our will, he will also continue to do nothing about a huge problem. Dear Mr. President, if you "don't have the stomach" to secure our borders please get out of the way for we Americans with the will to fight.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

1,984 posts, read 3,888,776 times
Quote:
The GOP has got to be the dumbest politically tone deaf organization I have ever seen. Immigration is the new "Southern Strategy" only this one won't even pay dividends before it starts dragging them down.

If Obama is indeed pandering (and I don't concede that he is) he won't have to do it long. The vitriol from the right will ensure that yet another demographic votes solidly democratic for decades to come.
HAH! Dream on! Wait 'till Nov. The Democrats will soon get their comeuppance.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,359,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great political move on the administration's part. I'm glad Obama grew a set of balls. Politics of the purest sort. By filing suit against SB1070, he shows the Hispanics that he is taking a stand. As the case plays out and a decision comes before november elections he will consolidate the Hispanics to vote. I feel the repubs have hung their hat on a losing issue. Hispanics generally do not go to the polls in proportion to their numbers. The republican obstructionism towards comprehensive immigration reform will unify and galvanize the hispanic vote. Without the republican obstructionism the Dems didn't have a chance come Nov. Now it's even money.
So you are then admitting that Hispanic citizens are ethtnocentric racists? Otherwise why are you making illegal immigration a Hispanic citizen issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration