Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:53 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The quest for globalization ends here!

Time to turn back the cause of all hell here in the USA.
You do realize that globalization already exists. In fact, it has technically existed for the past few hundred years.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
You do realize that globalization already exists. In fact, it has technically existed for the past few hundred years.

We object to its acceleration then.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Their policies are ridiculous. Sharon Angle anyone?
I asked you to be specific about their supposed ridiculous agenda. Why did you ignore that? If you indeed read their mission statement then point out the specifics of your argument.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I asked you to be specific about their supposed ridiculous agenda. Why did you ignore that? If you indeed read their mission statement then point out the specifics of your argument.
Sharon Angle's entire agenda. Arizona's ridiculous bill on immigration. Christine O'Donnell's agenda. Sarah Palin. What about Rand Paul's comment on civil rights. The whole fear mongering that goes on without any basis. The anti-czar campaign. The anti-DREAM act campaign. These things are simply based in fear and not on what is good for our nation.

Look, the entire thing is ridiculous. They wanted Bush era tax cuts to remain while decreasing unemployment benefits, something that the CBO stated would be detrimental to the economy.

I was very specific. I gave you tea party member names. The entire thing is ridiculous. It's defies logic.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We object to its acceleration then.
Wow...umm...good luck with that one. We should then stop our modern way of life. Let's have the global economy come to a grinding halt. Let's have a rise in xenophobic attitudes and ignorance of different regions.

What exactly is this forum? This entire NWO, anti-globalization, pro-Tea Party thing is kind of weird.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,443,714 times
Quote:
What ever happened to facts? I guess let me be a little less cryptic. It seems that many people view this as either a fusion of Mexico and the US or the complete destruction of the US. These people lack any true knowledge of policy and rely on knee jerk reactions.
Quote:
Why is are these the only two options? Why can't we have a third, calmer option?
The options we have for illegals today, address the actions illegals have planned for tomorrow
Let alone, the actions they've already taken (or tried to take) yesteryear.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The options we have for illegals today, address the actions illegals have planned for tomorrow
Let alone, the actions they've already taken (or tried to take) yesteryear.
Okay? What are you trying to say?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Wow...umm...good luck with that one. We should then stop our modern way of life. Let's have the global economy come to a grinding halt. Let's have a rise in xenophobic attitudes and ignorance of different regions.

What exactly is this forum? This entire NWO, anti-globalization, pro-Tea Party thing is kind of weird.
When you can't win an argument you resort to exaggerations. Where did I say that the global economy should come to a grinding halt? I just said in some respects we wouldn't want it to accelerate. If a larger global economy inclues merging the U.S., Canada and Mexico as one country to me that is undesirable acceleration of a so-called global economy. If it means open borders for the entire world to come here that isn't the kind of global economy that would be desirable for most Americans.

WTH has xenophobia or ignorance of any religion have to do with any of this? I swear if I hear the word xenophobia one more time from the left I am going to throw my computer out the window. I am so sick of the lies and smears!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
calibro1 wrote:
Quote:
Failure to speak a foreign language really hinders chances everywhere
. I'm trying for language 3 now...the first two aren't Spanish. Look, we live in a global world. One that pays a premium if you speak anther language.
Wrong......

A new provision recently added to Oklahoma's HR 1804, require's that "English and only English", to be used as the states official language.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Okay? What are you trying to say?
You no speak english??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.