Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Let's try to get back on topic. This has gotten a little too far off topic. If I were a mod, I shut it down now. However, if you want to talk about DADT and the Tea Party movement I sent you a PM.
This thread is about the Tea Party and you're making false claims about the Tea Party without even trying to back anything up. Of course you want to get back on topic, you can't back up anything you're spewing.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This thread is about the Tea Party and you're making false claims about the Tea Party without even trying to back anything up. Of course you want to get back on topic, you can't back up anything you're spewing.
I've posted links from their site. If you don't want to read them, that's fine. However, I'm stating that the Tea Party, due to their history of bad policies, candidates, as well as fear mongering, shouldn't be trusted with the task of implementing our nation's policies for solving illegal immigiration.

The same applies for groups such as Aztlan.

If you want to continue the debate over the Tea Party in general, I invited you several times over PM. Or if you want you can start a thread, in which I will reply. Otherwise it's quite rude, and frankly childish, to continue in such a way.

So to reiterate, if you want to continue talking about the Tea Party in general and not how it pertains to illegal immigration, please PM or start a new thread. Otherwise it's ridiculous to continue posting here.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times
Quote:
Actually the initial OP was regarding Aztlan and the Teaparty view of same.

In reality a pretty lame attempt to link politics to an Illegal Immigration issue imho if you check back to read the OP

Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times
Quote:
I've posted links from their site. If you don't want to read them, that's fine. However, I'm stating that the Tea Party, due to their history of bad policies, candidates, as well as fear mongering, shouldn't be trusted with the task of implementing our nation's policies for solving illegal immigiration.

The same applies for groups such as Aztlan.

If you want to continue the debate over the Tea Party in general, I invited you several times over PM. Or if you want you can start a thread, in which I will reply. Otherwise it's quite rude, and frankly childish, to continue in such a way.

So to reiterate, if you want to continue talking about the Tea Party in general and not how it pertains to illegal immigration, please PM or start a new thread. Otherwise it's ridiculous to continue posting here.
During your unfounded rants about the Tea Party you made some statements which are 100% false and now you're trying to sidestep out of it. My comments clearly show that you are wrong which directly relates to this thread since you can't compare anything to the Tea Party fairly given your blind hate for a group of people you don't understand. You're trying to compare Aztlan to the Tea Party in a weak attempt to bring Tea Party supporters down and it's not working.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Actually the initial OP was regarding Aztlan and the Teaparty view of same.

In reality a pretty lame attempt to link politics to an Illegal Immigration issue imho if you check back to read the OP
Both have ridiculous notions of how policy should be conducted. That's pretty much the gist of it. I've shown that the Tea Party movement is incapable of passing good legislation and thus most likely will continue to be so. Aztlan is simply a ridiculous movement whose appeals are also (the the Tea Party) based in emotion.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
During your unfounded rants about the Tea Party you made some statements which are 100% false and now you're trying to sidestep out of it. My comments clearly show that you are wrong which directly relates to this thread since you can't compare anything to the Tea Party fairly given your blind hate for a group of people you don't understand. You're trying to compare Aztlan to the Tea Party in a weak attempt to bring Tea Party supporters down and it's not working.
None of your comments proved anything except you didn't read the posts or the links and that you are easily swayed by emotion and not by evidence. That much was clear. The rest is simply a fabrication in order to justify to yourself an irrational love of irrationality.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
None of your comments proved anything except you didn't read the posts or the links and that you are easily swayed by emotion and not by evidence. That much was clear. The rest is simply a fabrication in order to justify to yourself an irrational love of irrationality.
The same could be said for those on this forum, that favor illegal immigration.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
If you feel that there is little room for judgment, I would have to disagree with you assessment on your ability to make good judgments on illegal immigration. You would not be able to handle contradictory/conflicting data and formulate a cohesive stance if you are that narrow. If you dogmatically believe that laws shouldn't be questioned when they don't reflect the reality of the situation, then you aren't as good as a judge as you claim to be.
So our immigration policies/quotas should be questioned or changed since there are more immigrants that want to come here than we can accomodate or they will come illegally anyway? Is that what you call reality? There are 2 billion impoverished across the world whom I am sure would love to come here. Should we change our laws to accomodate all of them also because afterall that is "reality"? We shouldn't be accomodating any more immigrants than we can handle or need. That is why we have quotas in place.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,291 times
138 posts and no one is the wiser. I'm closing this thread as I feel it's going in circles.. and when that happens, things go pretty bad pretty soon.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.