Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:06 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times

Advertisements

Personally I think this whole thread should either be closed or moved to the P&OC forum.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Personally I think this whole thread should either be closed or moved to the P&OC forum.
The main premise is that fear mongering is bad on both sides, esp when dealing with illegal immigration. That's the premise.

Tea Party members, with their views, cannot make good judgments on illegal immigration. Nor can extreme members of Aztlan.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:13 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post

You don't believe the views of candidates as reflection of party affiliation? Huh. Typically members become affiliated since their views align to the their party...not perfectly, but well enough to garner votes. It's not just one candidate that has "interesting" views. It's most the candidates.

To support a party in which you don't care about the views of the candidates is somewhat blind. Its essentially tacitly allowing their vitriol and ignorance to permeate.

The Tea Party is not about limited government etc. It's a response to fear propaganda. If it were about limited government etc, then the Tea Party would have been more supportive when Ron Paul came out in agreement with Barney Frank in trying to reduce the military budget (less spending, smaller government). That was not the case. Clearly, it is a reactionary response to the a changing cultural and demographic shift in the US. Also, they would in support of Gay marriage (smaller government). They would be in support of marijuana legislation (smaller government, less spending). They would not as up in arms concerning DADT.

Small government is moniker for the Tea Party. It essentially a rally cry around fear.
The Tea Party isn't up in arms about DADT, many people in the Tea Party like myself supported repealing DADT and we also support gay marriage. I personally don't care about legalizing weed as long as it's taxed as high as tobacco. We support cutting spending including the military budget.

Like I said earlier, I know what the Tea Party supporters like myself stand for and you know what you've read and you know what you want to believe because you're scared of the Tea Party like a lot of other liberals who see their entire unwanted agenda crumbling before their eyes.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
The main premise is that fear mongering is bad on both sides, esp when dealing with illegal immigration. That's the premise.

Tea Party members, with their views, cannot make good judgments on illegal immigration. Nor can extreme members of Aztlan.
I'm a Tea Party supporter and I make great judgments on illegal immigration, I want to follow the laws of this country which are clearly written. There's very little room for judgment there, it's the pro-illegal people like yourself who want to ignore certain laws that they don't like.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The Tea Party isn't up in arms about DADT, many people in the Tea Party like myself supported repealing DADT and we also support gay marriage. I personally don't care about legalizing weed as long as it's taxed as high as tobacco. We support cutting spending including the military budget.

Like I said earlier, I know what the Tea Party supporters like myself stand for and you know what you've read and you know what you want to believe because you're scared of the Tea Party like a lot of other liberals who see their entire unwanted agenda crumbling before their eyes.
Yes, for the most part. They were. It's all over the news, it's on blogs, it's pretty well documented. You are then not representative of the views on that. No, most tea party members gave grief to Ron Paul. I don't think you're a Tea Party member. You sound more Libertarian.

Libertarian and Tea Party are two different things. Many people get them confused, but they aren't the same. Obviously there is some overlap, but for the most part, they are VERY different.

I'm not scared of the Tea Party. It's a small fringe of ultra-conservatives. I just think that they aren't capable to handle tough issues...like illegal immigration.

What "unwanted agenda"? Equality?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, for the most part. They were. It's all over the news, it's on blogs, it's pretty well documented. You are then not representative of the views on that. No, most tea party members gave grief to Ron Paul. I don't think you're a Tea Party member. You sound more Libertarian.

Libertarian and Tea Party are two different things. Many people get them confused, but they aren't the same. Obviously there is some overlap, but for the most part, they are VERY different.

I'm not scared of the Tea Party. It's a small fringe of ultra-conservatives. I just think that they aren't capable to handle tough issues...like illegal immigration.

What "unwanted agenda"? Equality?
Links to the Tea Party protesting the repeal of DADT?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I'm a Tea Party supporter and I make great judgments on illegal immigration, I want to follow the laws of this country which are clearly written. There's very little room for judgment there, it's the pro-illegal people like yourself who want to ignore certain laws that they don't like.
If you feel that there is little room for judgment, I would have to disagree with you assessment on your ability to make good judgments on illegal immigration. You would not be able to handle contradictory/conflicting data and formulate a cohesive stance if you are that narrow. If you dogmatically believe that laws shouldn't be questioned when they don't reflect the reality of the situation, then you aren't as good as a judge as you claim to be.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Links to the Tea Party protesting the repeal of DADT?
Reid Rams 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' :: TeaParty.org Huh...the wording implies that they don't like it.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...ned-parenthood

Just do a google search. It's too much to post.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
If you feel that there is little room for judgment, I would have to disagree with you assessment on your ability to make good judgments on illegal immigration. You would not be able to handle contradictory/conflicting data and formulate a cohesive stance if you are that narrow. If you dogmatically believe that laws shouldn't be questioned when they don't reflect the reality of the situation, then you aren't as good as a judge as you claim to be.
If you want to question laws then get enough support behind you and change them, until then follow them. How hard is that to understand? This isn't a touchy feely conversation, there's no magical answer that's going to make everyone on both sides happy. At some point there will be a winner and a loser, it's time for the winners to take back control of their country and send the losers home.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Reid Rams 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' :: TeaParty.org Huh...the wording implies that they don't like it.

Tea Party Leaders Urge GOP to Keep DADT and Defund Planned Parenthood | Right Wing Watch

Just do a google search. It's too much to post.
I did a google search, I found NOTHING and I looked at both of your links which doesn't back up your claim of the Tea Party being up in arms about DADT. One more time, if you have all this evidence please post it otherwise stop trying to spread these ignorant lies about a group of people you don't understand and blindly hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.