Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 PM

26 posts, read 40,119 times

Advertisements

I have decided I am not even going to reply to posts asking me why I am such a racist (or any variation thereof). As has been noted, "illegal alien" is not a race. I am more than willing to engage in discussion/debate, but I am not going to defend myself against the inferences and prejudices of those with an ulterior agenda.

Even if I did say "those illegal Mexicans" (which I did not), would the statements of fact be any less true? Would my OP be less valid? Would they be legal citizens because I am such a "racist"?

If my brother broke into someone's home and stole and was caught by the homeowner, and the homeowner called him a "thieving black dog/N-word/insert racial slur or stereotype here", would my brother be less of a thief?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 04:01 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
How about not stereotyping anyone and treating everyone as an individual. Hmmmmm?

By the way, I am against illegal immigration. But I am more so against a screwed up immigration system that is prejudice and impossible and then placing the entire blame on people who are desperate. I am more against companies who take advantage of people who are here illegally in order to make a huge profit of the backs of their desperation. When those issues get fixed, then I'll start placing the blame and hatred on the people who are just trying to feed their families. How about that? Hmmmm?

I don;t buy that this issue is about the legality and not race. When I see US citizens in camo with guns hunting down compaines who are illegaly profiteering off the backs of desperate people rather then mothers crossing the border, then I will say it's not about racism and about legal issues. When I see American citizens in the stree picketting said companies, then I will say it's about legality and not racism.

Until that day comes, I'm not that ignorant to buy the "it's just cause they are illegal" arguement. Sorry.
You seem to be stereotyping those that are pro law enforcement and not understanding the individual needs of citizens in this country that have had enough. Yes, it's about the employers as well. People here need jobs. I guess you missed ALL the posts on that. Enforcement is about going after employers.

If our immigration system is prejudiced it is because it is allowing countless illegals access to the bounty of this country that others have lawfully stood in line waiting for. And you will find numerous threads and posts regarding employers and their lawlessness in this regard.

You may see people in camo trying to protect the border and it may offend you. They are unarmed. Just as the illegal protesters are unarmed. The ones in camo are trying to protect the desperate people in this country legally. The other group is saying we are not doing enough for them. I don't see the illegals as any more desperate or trying any harder to feed their families.

Why is it that you don't expect people to try to change their own countries? Why do you think that this country should fore go it's laws to the detriment of it's citizens?

When I see waves of open border supporters go to other countries and demand change for those nationals I will believe they truly want to make a difference. That is the way to make change happen. Anything less is just a feel good effort that middle class America pays for. Who will take our poor and desperate when they can no longer survive here? How long before our middle class becomes the poor?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsYoungMommy View Post
I have decided I am not even going to reply to posts asking me why I am such a racist (or any variation thereof). As has been noted, "illegal alien" is not a race. I am more than willing to engage in discussion/debate, but I am not going to defend myself against the inferences and prejudices of those with an ulterior agenda.

Even if I did say "those illegal Mexicans" (which I did not), would the statements of fact be any less true? Would my OP be less valid? Would they be legal citizens because I am such a "racist"?

If my brother broke into someone's home and stole and was caught by the homeowner, and the homeowner called him a "thieving black dog/N-word/insert racial slur or stereotype here", would my brother be less of a thief?
It's sad but if you chose not to respond to the race baiters there will be no debate. When backed into a corner, they play the race card. Then they move on to their credentials as if no one else is educated.

You know you can't be educated and against illegal immigration. If you're educated you know you need the illegals to mow your lawn and do your dishes.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
You seem to be stereotyping those that are pro law enforcement and not understanding the individual needs of citizens in this country that have had enough. Yes, it's about the employers as well. People here need jobs. I guess you missed ALL the posts on that. Enforcement is about going after employers.

If our immigration system is prejudiced it is because it is allowing countless illegals access to the bounty of this country that others have lawfully stood in line waiting for. And you will find numerous threads and posts regarding employers and their lawlessness in this regard.

You may see people in camo trying to protect the border and it may offend you. They are unarmed. Just as the illegal protesters are unarmed. The ones in camo are trying to protect the desperate people in this country legally. The other group is saying we are not doing enough for them. I don't see the illegals as any more desperate or trying any harder to feed their families.

Why is it that you don't expect people to try to change their own countries? Why do you think that this country should fore go it's laws to the detriment of it's citizens?

When I see waves of open border supporters go to other countries and demand change for those nationals I will believe they truly want to make a difference. That is the way to make change happen. Anything less is just a feel good effort that middle class America pays for. Who will take our poor and desperate when they can no longer survive here? How long before our middle class becomes the poor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's sad but if you chose not to respond to the race baiters there will be no debate. When backed into a corner, they play the race card. Then they move on to their credentials as if no one else is educated.

You know you can't be educated and against illegal immigration. If you're educated you know you need the illegals to mow your lawn and do your dishes.
Sorry I can’t rep you. Gotta spread the love.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,437,818 times
Quote:
How about not stereotyping anyone and treating everyone as an individual. Hmmmmm?

By the way
Quote:
Quote:
I am against illegal immigration.
But I am more so against a screwed up immigration system that is prejudice and impossible and then placing the entire blame on people who are desperate. I am more against companies who take advantage of people who are here illegally in order to make a huge profit of the backs of their desperation.
When those issues get fixed, then I'll start placing the blame and hatred on the people who are just trying to feed their families. How about that? Hmmmm?

I don;t buy that this issue is about the legality and not race. When I see US citizens in camo with guns hunting down compaines who are illegaly profiteering off the backs of desperate people rather then mothers crossing the border, then I will say it's not about racism and about legal issues. When I see American citizens in the stree picketting said companies, then I will say it's about legality and not racism.

Until that day comes, I'm not that ignorant to buy the "it's just cause they are illegal" arguement. Sorry.
That's like saying that your totally against guns as you pump the second round into the bankteller.

Illegal Immigration was never about race. Everyone knows that except for the sympathizer and supporters.
If you were against illegal immigration as you claim, you would know that.
So don't try to get us to buy your BS. We've heard it too many times before.

The only reason it's supposibly about race now, is because the pro-illegals made it that way. Race is the only thing they have to fight back with.
Only one that knows what's going on can see that.

I'll bet that you don't see any "Racism" on their part.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-01-2011 at 04:49 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Oh, and I taught Multicultural Diversity at UVA and the discrimination, stereotyping, and prejudice of an entire group of people regardless of if they fit into Blumenbach's original idea of race based on physical attributes like craniofacial anthropology and such or if you use the definition of race embraced by anti-immigrationist like Stoddard. In the US we tend to use simply skin color as a deliniation of race. The "paper bag test" or the "one drop rule" had nothing to do with the actual genetic definition of race but the appearance and perception of "race".

So stereotyping someone based on the language they speak, the color of their skin, the country they come from, and their perceived legal status is very much racism.
You taught Diversity? Whoa stop the press we have an expert among us.
Well I lived diversity. Somehow what they teach in the classroom and reality don't look much alike.
I know an economy major who can't balance a check book.
There are law professors who have never tried a case and couldn't to save their lives.
You don't blame the criminals just the ones who make use of their services? So you don't blame the drunk driver who parks his car in your livingroom either I suppose, you simply blame the bartender who took advantage of a desperate drunk.
Well I do blame the criminal. They made the choice, life sucks when you opt for crime.
Our immigration system is impossible? The fact that we allow more immigration than all other nations combined might dispute your theory.
prejudice? Our immigration system is set up to weed out those who don't meet a standard. Thats what it should do.
Really and feel free to check my fact on this one. We don't owe anyone a free pass.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:19 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
Name me ONE other country in the world that like the USA conducts a Diversity Lottery each year to enable so many people from diverse cultures all around the globe to immigrate LEGALLY to this country?

Spare me the rivers of tears for how UNdiverse this country is that we NEED millions of illegals (who in most cases don't meet the legal criteria btw) swarming in from only ONE ethnic group /sarc off

Old 01-01-2011, 06:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-f7K_suBc

You were saying? I have a feeling George would not agree with you. And he sang that song the day that 1000's of protestors took to the streets to fight the AZ anti-immigration law.

Viva George Strait!
What AZ anti-"immigration" law? It was about illegal aliens, not immigrants. Can't your side ever be honest?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I taught Multicultural Diversity at UVA and the discrimination, stereotyping, and prejudice of an entire group of people regardless of if they fit into Blumenbach's original idea of race based on physical attributes like craniofacial anthropology and such or if you use the definition of race embraced by anti-immigrationist like Stoddard. In the US we tend to use simply skin color as a deliniation of race. The "paper bag test" or the "one drop rule" had nothing to do with the actual genetic definition of race but the appearance and perception of "race".

So stereotyping someone based on the language they speak, the color of their skin, the country they come from, and their perceived legal status is very much racism.
Stop this nonsense! No one is anti-IMMIGRANT. Most Americans are opposed to illegal immigration. You don't know the difference or are you purposely being dishonest? Most Americans do not stereotype someone's status in this country by the color of their skin or the language they are speaking and that would have nothing to do with racism anyway. Buy a dictionary and read what the word racism actually means. Your race baiting in here is getting offensive.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:

By the way, I am against illegal immigration. But I am more so against a screwed up immigration system that is prejudice and impossible and then placing the entire blame on people who are desperate. I am more against companies who take advantage of people who are here illegally in order to make a huge profit of the backs of their desperation. When those issues get fixed, then I'll start placing the blame and hatred on the people who are just trying to feed their families. How about that? Hmmmm?

How is our immigration policies and quotas prejudiced? We take in 1.5 million legal immigrants into our country every year based on OUR needs. Latinos are only second to Asians in those quotas by a few percentage points. Everyone else has very low quotas. So what was that about being prejudiced again? No, most of those jumping our borders are not starving and neither are their families. It is just that they can make more money here and we have all kinds of freebies for them to avail themselves of including us paying for the birthing of their numerous babies and the ensuing welfare entitlements that gains them. I guess them stealing American jobs doesn't bother you but yet you claim to be anti-illegal immigration? Who do you think you are fooling in here?

We anti-illegals hold both the employers and the illegals accountable. You however are giving the illegals a pass. They are equally guilty! We have done much to try and put and end to the employer's hiring practices. We advocate for e-verify and fining and jailing the employers but guess what? Your side fights e-verify tooth and nail....hypocrites!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration