Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,407,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
We can work on our own problems without resorting to Race Baiting, it is true that the AA community like all other American Communities have problems, but they are OUR AMERICAN problems!!!

The Illegal Alien issue is primarily MEXICO'S PROBLEM. We cannot devote resources and time to really address OUR American problems when Mexico and the rest of the world is Illegally sending THIER problems to America.

When Illegals take jobs and STEAL Social Services intended to help OUR citizens it compounds OUR problems.

What you have FAILED to mention is all the laws Illegal Aliens have broken,benefits and ID's STOLEN and Americans that have had their pay undercut in Construction,Landscaping and other fields because they cannot compete with Illegal wages.

This is the Illegal Alien thread if you wish to discuss Social issues there are other forums for that.
They are here on US soil, so actually it IS our problem.

Mexico isn't sending their problems here. The Mexican government is entirely corrupt and refuses to resolve/ fight their own drug war. Hence, Mexican people who want to get out- legally or not- take their lives into their own hands and go. Would you really wait to be murdered if you were in their shoes? Would you have preferred all the Jews in Poland and Germany in the 1940's waited legally in the ghettos for their US/UK immigration papers to process or would you have told them to get the hell out NOW to save their lives? How many less could have been murdered by the Nazis if they fled illegally? How many Mexican lives have been saved because of illegal immigration?

Lastly, I do not appreciate your insistance that I shouldn't post here because I don't agree with your stance on illegal immigration. This forum is for debate, not for sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 02:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,488,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
They are here on US soil, so actually it IS our problem.

Mexico isn't sending their problems here. The Mexican government is entirely corrupt and refuses to resolve/ fight their own drug war. Hence, Mexican people who want to get out- legally or not- take their lives into their own hands and go. Would you really wait to be murdered if you were in their shoes? Would you have preferred all the Jews in Poland and Germany in the 1940's waited legally in the ghettos for their US/UK immigration papers to process or would you have told them to get the hell out NOW to save their lives? How many less could have been murdered by the Nazis if they fled illegally? How many Mexican lives have been saved because of illegal immigration?

Lastly, I do not appreciate your insistance that I shouldn't post here because I don't agree with your stance on illegal immigration. This forum is for debate, not for sheep.
We understand. Like most illegal alien sympathizers,(the SOB Squad) they also have no clue on today's reality. And because you've never been effected by, or experienced illegal immigration first hand, you can only compare irrelevant and off topic, sympathetic stories with what's happening today.

Anyone got a tissue?.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
We understand. Like most illegal alien sympathizers,(the SOB Squad) they also have no clue on today's reality. And because you've never been effected by, or experienced illegal immigration first hand, you can only compare irrelevant and off topic, sympathetic stories with what's happening today.

Anyone got a tissue?.
I live in freaking Texas. I think that qualifies me to have an opinion. I pay high car insurance rates due to the high number of uninsured motorists in Dallas (most of whom are illegal Hispanics). I've been affected financially. So spare me your petty and void reasons of why I'm not qualified to have an opinion here.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I live in freaking Texas. I think that qualifies me to have an opinion. I pay high car insurance rates due to the high number of uninsured motorists in Dallas (most of whom are illegal Hispanics). I've been affected financially. So spare me your petty and void reasons of why I'm not qualified to have an opinion here.
I'm 2 hrs away in SW Oklahoma,
but I've lived most of my life in So California where illegal immigration is the corner stone of the state,
what does that have to do with it?

You have all the rights on this board to give an opinion.
No one said that you didn't.
Just keep your opinion on illegal imigration and not different events happening in other countries.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I'm 2 hrs away in SW Oklahoma,
but I've lived most of my life in So California where illegal immigration is the corner stone of the state,
what does that have to do with it?

You have all the rights on this board to give an opinion.
No one said that you didn't.
Just keep your opinion on illegal imigration and not different events happening in other countries.
You are incredibly narrow-minded to think our illegal immigration problems are unrelated to current events in Mexico. They go hand-in-hand and one will not be solved or reduced until the other is.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
You are incredibly narrow-minded
Quote:
to think our illegal immigration problems are unrelated to current events in Mexico.
They go hand-in-hand and one will not be solved or reduced until the other is.
I never said any such thing.

I couldn't be narrow minded on Illegal immigration if I want to.
I've lived and worked in the middle of it far too long. I've also worked with State and Local Gov, officials on the issue.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I never said any such thing.

I couldn't be narrow minded on Illegal immigration if I want to.
I've lived and worked in the middle of it far too long. I've also worked with State and Local Gov, officials on the issue.

Well, two posts up you told me to only discuss illegal immigration and not current events in other countries. We have illegal immigrants DUE TO current events in other countries. One cannot thoroughly discuss one without addressing the other.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Well, two posts up you told me to only discuss illegal immigration and not current events in other countries. We have illegal immigrants DUE TO current events in other countries. One cannot thoroughly discuss one without addressing the other.
Show me where I said anything about "current" events.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM

"Just keep your opinion on illegal imigration and not different events happening in other countries."

Your present tense use of the verb "happening" infers "current" (ie, presently happening) events.

Perhaps you should brush up on your grammar

Old 01-22-2011, 06:02 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,495,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Cortez: You are not hispanic. You are a us american of mexican ancestry.

A portuguese/Spanish person is Hispanic.
Tell THAT to the US gov't. They call ALL of us Latinos Hispanic and I call myself one as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration