Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times

Advertisements

Immigration debate returns to Oklahoma Capitol

Oklahoman 27
Published: January 5, 2011

Quote:
Quote:
State Rep. Randy Terrill, R-Moore, is expected to join legislators from at least five other states today in Washington to announce plans to file bills making their states' immigration laws the same or tougher than Arizona's.
Quote:
Terrill, meanwhile, has said his “Arizona-plus” legislation this year will deny citizenship to children of illegal immigrants born in Oklahoma and allow police to seize vehicles driven by illegal immigrants.
Read more: Immigration debate returns to Oklahoma Capitol | NewsOK.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
The Arizona law has been criticized as state-sanctioned racial profiling because of a provision requiring police to check the immigration status of suspected illegal immigrants.

Romo said ideas proposed by Terrill — who authored many of Oklahoma's current immigration laws — are so offensive he has decided to stop referring to Terrill by his name.

Read more: Immigration debate returns to Oklahoma Capitol | NewsOK.com

Like all illegals are Mexican? Romo: people like you make me feel shame at being Hispanic.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
The "Mexican people" aren't destroying our communities, the ignorant, hate-filled racists are. I am SICK of ignorant bigots blaming their problems on minorities and the poor. SICK of it! If you really think illegal immigrants have better lives than American citizens, then why don't you walk a mile in their shoes and live as a migrant worker for a week. I GUARANTEE you that you'll be thankful for your life as a white American citizen. You have NO IDEA how privileged you really are.

Personally, although I love America, I am SICK and TIRED of the direction this country is moving in. I think the US could end up like Nazi Germany if this crap continues. I hope it won't take World War III to stop these ignorant rednecks.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:54 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Magnolia View Post
They are destroying our communities and cities. Funny thing is they just popped out of nowhere overnight. With them living with 10 people in one house and expensive cars parked outside. These people also do not clean up after themselves and treat our community like a garbage can.

And I am not white, we blacks are just about as anti illegal as the next American.

True Americans would not let their communities be destroyed by mexicans who are almost always illegal citizens.Pro illegals make me sick to my stomach.
Being black, you should know how it feels to be oppressed as a minority in America. The arguments you put forth are the exact ones racist white Dixiecrats in the 1960s used against blacks. Who cares if they live 10 to a house? How does that affect your life? Live and let live.

I am not "pro-illegal" and I don't support illegal immigration. However, I don't have a blind hatred of anyone born in Mexico or of Hispanic descent. Most illegals are harder-working, more dedicated and more self-sacrificial than the vast majority of Americans. I'd tell you my plan for immigration reform, but I'm sure most here don't want to hear it.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
The "Mexican people" aren't destroying our communities, the ignorant, hate-filled racists are. I am SICK of ignorant bigots blaming their problems on minorities and the poor. SICK of it! If you really think illegal immigrants have better lives than American citizens, then why don't you walk a mile in their shoes and live as a migrant worker for a week. I GUARANTEE you that you'll be thankful for your life as a white American citizen. You have NO IDEA how privileged you really are.

Personally, although I love America, I am SICK and TIRED of the direction this country is moving in. I think the US could end up like Nazi Germany if this crap continues. I hope it won't take World War III to stop these ignorant rednecks.
If your precious illegals have such a "hard life" here they're welcome to leave this country at any time, in fact we wish they would, then you pro illegals can stop your whining about how BADLY they're treated.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Being black, you should know how it feels to be oppressed as a minority in America. The arguments you put forth are the exact ones racist white Dixiecrats in the 1960s used against blacks. Who cares if they live 10 to a house? How does that affect your life? Live and let live.

I am not "pro-illegal" and I don't support illegal immigration. However, I don't have a blind hatred of anyone born in Mexico or of Hispanic descent. Most illegals are harder-working, more dedicated and more self-sacrificial than the vast majority of Americans. I'd tell you my plan for immigration reform, but I'm sure most here don't want to hear it.
I have no problem rousting illegal aliens. They were NOT brought here by slave traders. They came here on there own. Please DONT use the Black slave bit, thats a major insult against Pink Magnolia's people.

Quote:
Stop comparing the black civil rights movement to illegal immigration. The blacks in the civil rights era did not burn American flags, take advantage of our country's benefits, steal jobs, and multiply like animals in a short time period.

There is NO comparison.

These people are not hard working they do sloppy jobs and ruin everything. I have no sympathy for these people or their crybaby stories.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:

In my city, the "Mexican people" DID destroy some communities. I understand what you are saying, but some places it is true, the Mexican immigrant community came in and just tore up some of the neighborhoods and shopping areas. It's sad, but true.

Also, all illegal immigrants aren't some "migrant worker" picking apples in a field. Educate yourself on this, know what is really going on before you try to defend ALL illegal immigrants. Stop trying to preach when it is obvious that you believe this myth that illegal immigrants are all subject to hard labor in the fields and stables.

Also, it's kinda messed up and sad that you said what you said about being a "White American." I'm not white, I'm black. So, it's always hilarious how these people who preach about being accepting of illegal immigration assume that everyone who has a problem with illegal immigration is white. That's the sure sign that the person trying to do the preaching doesn't now enough about the illegal immigration debate to even try to preach to people.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to turn this into a illegal immigrant and Black American discussion because that is a whole different area that we could write a book on. I will ask you, "Do you know what illegal immigrants are doing to the opportunities for black people in some cities?" They are reducing those opportunities because black people and illegal immigrants will be and are competing for the same education and same jobs in many cases. Or what about the illegal immigrants in LA that are shooting black people to take over neighborhoods? Should those illegal immigrants even be here to do that?

Also, living in and growing up in a city that saw its illegal immigrant population boom, I know what the side effects of that are. I lived it. It IS tough when you live in a neighborhood where there are 10 families living in one apartment or house as the other poster said. That was our nice neighborhood when I was a kid, it went to hell after illegal immigrants realized they could move into a $600 a month apartment and all live together. The noise increased, the trash traffic of beer bottles and garbage increased, yards weren't cut. These were all things that people in those neighborhoods had never allowed happen because they were RESPONSIBLE citizens and residents. A lot of those old residents moved out because of the incoming illegal immigrant population. That very same thing happened and is happening in different places across the nation.

So, for you to act as if illegal immigration isn't affecting people shows your lack of knowledge of what really goes on. Quality of life is important to people. When someone has a bad neighbor, it affects them. Think of a time if you had a bad neighbor, did you just say, "Live and let live," like you just told the other poster? If you did, you're a dummy and pushover for that. No one should have to be irritated by the irresponsibility of people who don't do things that make us all able to live comfortably. Simple things such as emptying a trash container and not letting it run over as it fills up too fast as 10 people are living in a 2 bedroom home.

These are actual issues that many people are experiencing when a illegal immigrant population moves into a community at a fast pace or even not a fast pace. It's not rocket science. People move here, they don't understand the lifestyle of the others already here, they become a nuisance because they are slipping on their responsibilities as a resident. Also, to make it CLEAR, this isn't what the illegal immigration debate is all about. The quality of life isn't just the issue, the costs of illegal immigration and other things like education are topics.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
They are destroying our communities and cities. Funny thing is they just popped out of nowhere overnight. With them living with 10 people in one house and expensive cars parked outside. These people also do not clean up after themselves and treat our community like a garbage can.

And I am not white, we blacks are just about as anti illegal as the next American.

True Americans would not let their communities be destroyed by mexicans who are almost always illegal citizens.Pro illegals make me sick to my stomach.
Yup. I lived that and saw it.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:

Hmmmm.....Your not "pro-illegal" and you don't support illegal immigration??
Then what's your purpose of this "Praise Report" your giving
on how illegals are such hard workers
and trying to justify them being in this country illegally ,
when in fact it's completely irrelevant to the issue?
Sorry, you haven't convinced me.......

Those that point out that illegals are such hard workers are usually the ones that hire them from time to time.

I DO agree with you, that it's best you did,nt give us your "plan for immigration reform".

But this is a free country.

BTW, take a look at my location.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-22-2011 at 12:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration