Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,847,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Being black, you should know how it feels to be oppressed as a minority in America. The arguments you put forth are the exact ones racist white Dixiecrats in the 1960s used against blacks. Who cares if they live 10 to a house? How does that affect your life? Live and let live.

I am not "pro-illegal" and I don't support illegal immigration. However, I don't have a blind hatred of anyone born in Mexico or of Hispanic descent. Most illegals are harder-working, more dedicated and more self-sacrificial than the vast majority of Americans. I'd tell you my plan for immigration reform, but I'm sure most here don't want to hear it.
I'm sure your "plan" includes amnesty, right? If it walks and talks like a duck...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:56 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,318,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Magnolia View Post
Stop comparing the black civil rights movement to illegal immigration. The blacks in the civil rights era did not burn American flags, take advantage of our country's benefits, steal jobs, and multiply like animals in a short time period.

There is NO comparison.

These people are not hard working they do sloppy jobs and ruin everything. I have no sympathy for these people or their crybaby stories.
70-80% of black babies today are born out of wedlock. You want to talk about multiplying like rabbits?

Since we're severely generalizing on this thread, if made to choose between blacks and Mexicans, I'll take a house full of Mexicans any day. They are mostly religious (very Catholic), conservative, hard-working, and honest. Their culture is one of family and religion. Black culture is about broken homes, poverty, laziness, drug culture, no value of education or betteing one's self legally, spineless men who have multiple babies with multiple women and support NONE of them financially or emotionally.

Are there lazy Hispanics and intelligent Blacks? Yes, of course, there's a black Harvard grad in the White House.

But from what I see in my own backyard, Hispanics have taken jobs that no Ameicans want (lawn care, construction, house cleaning, etc) and they do the job thoroughly, on time, and with a smile.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
70-80% of black babies today are born out of wedlock. You want to talk about multiplying like rabbits?

Since we're severely generalizing on this thread, if made to choose between blacks and Mexicans, I'll take a house full of Mexicans any day. They are mostly religious (very Catholic), conservative, hard-working, and honest. Their culture is one of family and religion. Black culture is about broken homes, poverty, laziness, drug culture, no value of education or betteing one's self legally, spineless men who have multiple babies with multiple women and support NONE of them financially or emotionally.

Are there lazy Hispanics and intelligent Blacks? Yes, of course, there's a black Harvard grad in the White House.

But from what I see in my own backyard, Hispanics have taken jobs that no Ameicans want (lawn care, construction, house cleaning, etc) and they do the job thoroughly, on time, and with a smile.
Then it's truly amazing that these illegals you praise couldn't make it work in their OWN country isn't it?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:

Another "Praise Report"?

BTW, The issue is not about skin color or about what one can do or the other can't.
It's about "illegal immigration".
Not the "life styles of the lazy and infamous".

Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,676,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Magnolia View Post
Stop comparing the black civil rights movement to illegal immigration. The blacks in the civil rights era did not burn American flags, take advantage of our country's benefits, steal jobs, and multiply like animals in a short time period.

There is NO comparison.

These people are not hard working they do sloppy jobs and ruin everything. I have no sympathy for these people or their crybaby stories.
So, the media manufactured all the burning cities from one end of the America to the other? Multiply like animals - who would do that just stay on the welfare rolls? At least stealing a job means someone WANTS to work!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM

683 posts, read 1,470,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
The Arizona law has been criticized as state-sanctioned racial profiling because of a provision requiring police to check the immigration status of suspected illegal immigrants.

Romo said ideas proposed by Terrill — who authored many of Oklahoma's current immigration laws — are so offensive he has decided to stop referring to Terrill by his name.

Read more: Immigration debate returns to Oklahoma Capitol | NewsOK.com

Like all illegals are Mexican? Romo: people like you make me feel shame at being Hispanic.
Cortez: You are not hispanic. You are a us american of mexican ancestry.

A portuguese/Spanish person is Hispanic.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,423,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Then it's truly amazing that these illegals you praise couldn't make it work in their OWN country isn't it?
Their OWN country is run by corrupt governments and drug cartels. Why couldn't you make it in YOUR OWN country (Australia)?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:23 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times
Quote:

We can work on our own problems without resorting to Race Baiting, it is true that the AA community like all other American Communities have problems, but they are OUR AMERICAN problems!!!

The Illegal Alien issue is primarily MEXICO'S PROBLEM. We cannot devote resources and time to really address OUR American problems when Mexico and the rest of the world is Illegally sending THIER problems to America.

When Illegals take jobs and STEAL Social Services intended to help OUR citizens it compounds OUR problems.

What you have FAILED to mention is all the laws Illegal Aliens have broken,benefits and ID's STOLEN and Americans that have had their pay undercut in Construction,Landscaping and other fields because they cannot compete with Illegal wages.

This is the Illegal Alien thread if you wish to discuss Social issues there are other forums for that.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Their OWN country is run by corrupt governments and drug cartels. Why couldn't you make it in YOUR OWN country (Australia)?
Who said I couldn't/didn't? I didn't come here illegally, so your question is not only rude and off topic, but irrelevant to the discussion.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:59 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,318,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Who says they "couldn't make it"? Mexico is being torn apart by drug crime and violence right now. Over 28,000 in 2010. The US, by comparisson, had 15,000 murders last year. Mexico has 1/3 the population of the US and 2X the murder rate. Basically, your chances of being murdered in Mexico (whether involved in the drug trade- whom I have no mercy for- or innocent civilians- who I do want mercy for) is SIX TIMES higher than in the US.

Do I blame hundreds of thousands of them for risking their lives to cross the border illegally? Absolutely not, and I would do the same to protect my family.

Do we need some sort of amnesty/ legal resident program so that they will be documented and pay US taxes? Abso-freaking-lutely. They're here. Politician should spend their time & energy figuring out a tax-collecting and documenting solution rather than trying to herd them up and deport them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration