Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times

Advertisements

Immigrant;

A person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

Alien;

A person in a country who is not a citizen of that country.

Add the word ILLEGAL in front of either...Nuff Said

No country in the world can allow unlimited immigration. If America opened its borders to all those who wish to live here, hundreds of millions of people would come here. That would, of course, mean the end of the United States economically and culturally.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman91 View Post
Illegal Immigrants are not invading okay. While I think that something should be done to stop illegal immigration, going around calling them "aliens" and "invaders" is pretty poor way to change things.
Yes, they are. They are an unvited force that pushed their way into our country by the millions. If that isn't an invasion then I don't know what is. Alien simply means foreigner. Look it up in the dictionary.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
What do you call an army (or collection) of 12-20 million that infiltrate your sovereign Nation without permission? Then proceeded to wreak havoc to the existing social service network?

If they all had on uniforms we would be at war. It is indeed an invasion.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
No country in the world can allow unlimited immigration.
No country in history has survived as a viable nation that has lost control of its borders and permitted unchecked immigration. None.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
"Illegal immigrant" is not a politically-correct euphemism. It's what they are. It means that they moved to this country illegally.
Boo-Hoo, not PC......

They came across the American border illegally, correct?

That makes them illegal

That makes them aliens

And that makes them invaders.

Following your logic this is OK too I guess.......

Old 02-04-2011, 03:20 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,349 times
Alien simply means a person who is not a citizen of the country in which he/she is living. There's nothing derogatory about it. Actually, illegal alien supporters would like them to be called 'undocumented immigrants,' which infers a possible clerical error, rather than an illegal entry.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Illegal Immigrants are not invading okay. While I think that something should be done to stop illegal immigration, going around calling them "aliens" and "invaders" is pretty poor way to change things.
1. Alien is the legal definition for a foreigner visiting or residing in the U.S. that is not a citizen or permanent resident.

2. Sorry to burst your bubble but what is an invasion to you? These people have been marching in the U.S. for years now, wreaking havoc in our communities. And there's around 12 MILLION of them. Tell me that's not an invasion

Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
If someone comes into my house, without my permission, they are a criminal.

These ILLEGAL ALIENS are criminals. They don't belong here, they need to go.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Why ? Is that not some of the names of what is happening ? This is just more PC pandering.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
And what may i ask are you calling these Ailen visitors who should not be here in this Country and by any illegal means ha!!!!!!! Give me a break, it is people who are ignorant that only help the illegal cause. Illegal is a criminal act, and these people need to be shipped back to their Homeland of Mexico. They love this Country so dang much, and why the hek can't they do it legally, think we know the answer to that, do you.

It is a freaking invasion, they don't belong here illegally do you not udnerstand this. Please, as long as we have people saying they are not invading, they will still come.

There in our Country illegally, bleeding the system dry, working, having anchor babies, what do you call it, i call it an invasion of massive destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration