Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:07 PM

577 posts, read 901,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Eisenhower got rid of 3 million illegals with a Border force of under 1100. They only actually deported about 50K of them. When people get word you mean business they take heed.
That was before CNN, Amnesty International, the ACLU and political correctness. Nothing close to that is going to happen today.

To all american nyc-- even if they confess to a crime they still have a right to due process. I don't understand why the illegal immigrant problem has been allowed to grow so mind-bogglingly huge. But the answer to your thread question is-- there are just too many of them, by this point, to move wholesale-- unless and until legislation changes which I don't foresee happening even under a very conservative administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
None of this crap to me makes any common sense. Unless their is a alterior motive for doing so!!!!!!!!!! And i believe they have their reasons.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,599,027 times
i still think there is something high level and national going on. a national plan we are not being told about. and illegals are somehow central to the plan. there just seems to be no other explanation. nothing's being done. you'd think on sept 12, 2001 lots of reform would happen but no

Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 PM

93 posts, read 139,134 times
Default self deportation

Its not impossile!! cut off any and all benefits to these people including birthright citizenship to their anchor babies and then they will have no reason to want to be here! Its just the point of who will have enough sense to do this. Americans need to come first since this IS America! Its not racist to deny benefits to non-citizens, its common sense. Illegal is NOT a race!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,252,098 times
As much as we detest the arrogance of the illegals and their supporters we must also love the fact our country allows due process for everyone equally. I wouldn't change this 1 bit. As we chip away at our freedoms we tend to never regain what we forfeit.
Lets not allow our passion in our fight against illegals to cloud the priorities and whats important.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM

254 posts, read 591,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Welcome to the Age of Obama. In most of the cases I've followed if an illegal gets their sob story in any type of press in a few days ICE miracolously defers action.
The number of deportations actually increased... I see a lot of difference between the past administration and this one. In the past years the government has become more strict with companies hiring illegal immigrants, this is even true for legal immigrants. The path for a legal or illegal worker has become harder in the past years.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,687,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
The number of deportations actually increased... I see a lot of difference between the past administration and this one.
Have you been hanging out with Janet Napolitano...?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:14 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,393 times
Deportation is an agreement between two nations. I would immagine that there is "numbers" of nationals that a nation is willing to repatriate.

We have a recent example of a criminal alien refused by his native country to repatrate; leaving the feds holding the alien.

If the US begins mass deportation, Nations could refuse to accept the deportees, leaving the US to house and secure hundreds of thousands of deportees.

Currently, deportees cooporate with Immigration officials and volunteer information of their native country; if that ends, how would the US prove a person's nationality? Most countries dont have a data base of citizens and most illegal aliens dont carry passports or birth certifcates.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM

254 posts, read 591,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Have you been hanging out with Janet Napolitano...?
What do you think?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 PM

385 posts, read 722,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Barreras View Post
Its not impossile!! cut off any and all benefits to these people including birthright citizenship to their anchor babies and then they will have no reason to want to be here! Its just the point of who will have enough sense to do this. Americans need to come first since this IS America! Its not racist to deny benefits to non-citizens, its common sense. Illegal is NOT a race!
In a few states, example MI. Illegals cannot qualify for walfare. i know you might say "what about their kids, they can qualify!" No this is not true, you have to be a citizen to apply for your children in certain states like MI.

I actually know a few people ( I am a tax preparer, so this is why I know illegals) who are married to illegals and their partner could not apply for their children and the father had to go in and say " My wife is illegal and my child needs medicare and foodstamps". Since usally the mother has to sign up for walfare here its difficult for males to do it, its not impossible but its a hassle.

Point being, in a state like MI, where ICE comes down hard on immigrants, they recieve no help from the government, theres still a thriving community in Detroit, and one of the only communities surviving this burned down city in Mexican-town. If they want to be here, they will come, and a lack of hand outs wont stop them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration