Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:29 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,672,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
After rereading the op ; I also had a staged accident with russians. It was in 1999, she stopped suddenly infront of me so I crashed into her, then she went into another car. Nobody was injured, she drove away, my car was towed.

A year later I get a summons ; she is sueing me for $5 million ; yes, 5 million dollars.

She settled about a year after for $23,000. The ins knew it was a staged accident but there was nothing they could proove.
Oh yes, it was her fourth accident in 2 years and she settled all of them

d
Heavens.

It sounds like a good opportunity for the DOJ to run some kind of sting operation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 07:50 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,672,937 times
Default Anne Applebaum's "Gulag"

Kind of off topic, but lots of the people in those labor camps in the old USSR were'nt political prisoners at all, but hard boiled gangsters that make the Sicilian "fellas" look relatively civilized.

They've had organized crime over there for a long, long time, they evaded the Tzar's secret police, and the KGB...they come here, and it's like a damn party for them.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 PM

1,999 posts, read 5,002,167 times
Default ABC news

Just watched the national news on ABC. Mute on just checking it out in the background while doing some work on the computer. They had a major segment on urban murders and featured the Newark execution. Thats when I hit the mute button to see what they had to say.

They never mentioned that the suspects are illegal aliens. They never really touched on anything. Just the same old rhetoric and emotional family members expressing their grief. What a pathetic source for information TV is. The internet has exposed TV as the useless source of disinformation that it is.
TV and the mainstream media is completely out of touch with the population.

What if some whiteboys from Sparta drove down to Newark and specifically targeted 3 young college attending blacks for murder? Do you think the race and status would have been mentioned? It would have been a non-stop news blaster for many decades. TV loves those kinds of incidents and wishes there were more of them to maintain/reinforce the white guilt introduced in the classrooms.

TV = Brainwashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobiedogs View Post
Funny, I thought of this thread today when I heard on the news that those 3 kids that were shot and killed execution style were killed by an illegal......sometimes they come here and do worse things than sponge off the govt. What about that illegal that killed that woman in her home after doing some landscaping (forget where)? Sometimes they are up to way worse than sucking America dry (sometimes...I say...of course i KNOW not all).

Old 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,117,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
They never mentioned that the suspects are illegal aliens. They never really touched on anything.
What if some whiteboys from Sparta drove down to Newark and specifically targeted 3 young college attending blacks for murder? Do you think the race and status would have been mentioned? TV = Brainwashing.
wow...

Yes I do

Old 08-31-2007, 02:35 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,653,554 times
Re: the original post:

Yes, we all are children of immigrants at some point or level and yes, all immigrants deserve to pursue their dream too, BUT, when our society was being populated by immigrants back when America was building itself, they came with skills (and if you didn't have one, you were sent back). They came without disease and illness (if you had so much as a cavity, you were sent back), unlike the immigrants who come today with TB and Hepatitis and no one is the wiser to it.

They came without disease? Tell that to the natives who were here before the Europeans came to "settle" this country. And I'll die before I see an English person WITHOUT a cavity!

Immigrants of yesteryear went to class at night to learn english. My parents could only speak Italian to me but they insisted I speak nothing but english to them. They figured sooner or later they would know what I was saying. Now, we have interpreters for every language, phone assistance in every language and there is no urgency to learn the language.

Why do people seem to have a huge problem with the phone thing? "Oh man, I can't BELIEVE I have to press '1' for English!" If something that petty bothers you, you have big anger issues.

To tell you the truth, I agree with most of what you said, but only as it applies to people who come here illegally. My feeling is that if you come here and you don't speak English very well, keep trying and you will get it. Of course, there is really no excuse for someone entering illegally when many others wait and do it the right way.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 8 days ago)

8,823 posts, read 21,308,600 times
They never mentioned that the suspects are illegal aliens. They never really touched on anything. Just the same old rhetoric and emotional family members expressing their grief. What a pathetic source for information TV is. The internet has exposed TV as the useless source of disinformation that it is.
TV and the mainstream media is completely out of touch with the population.

Oh, but they DID mention that these were illegal aliens on the news and Bill O'Reilly (our native son) did an entire outraged show about it. People were very very angry about this crime & no one even thought about the color of the victims . It was just so terrible and so tragic. Those poor kids.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,573,417 times
Well spoken, RC--and, as I've been saying, it isn't that immigrants have changed. Immigrants have always been unwanted by the "working man"; essentially, they came to compete with him. And immigrants had to prove themselves in a very harsh new situation. Some never did fit in, but their children did.
What has changed is not the immigrants; it's the American society. Tell people they are entitled to "have it all", and they'll take you at your word. Tell them "citizenship doesn't matter", and of course, they'll respond in kind. We are the hosts here--it's OUR country. If we tell the "newbies" that nothing is required of them, then they'll figure that's fine with them. And that's what we're doing. We're allowing our laws and rules to be ignored, and then we're getting mad at the newcomers for not feeling the need to "assimilate". Assimilate to WHAT?, they might rightfully ask us. Assimilate to a society that can't even monitor its own borders? Doesn't sound like anything worth losing sleep over, to me. "If these Americans took their country seriously, we wouldn't be here", is probably what many are thinking. Can you blame them?

Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,345,398 times
I never understand why someone would compare immigration at the turn of the 1900 with this new millenia.

Times have changed, things have changed.

Yes this whole country was built on the back of immigrants. LIKE ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. Ok maybe a little bit more recent, but get a clue

Things are different. This country is no longer in its infancy. We have spread to every corner. We are no longer in a position where we need lots of immigrants, legal or illegal

I watched the town I grew up in get taken over by koreans, in a very short time span. And it happened quickly so it was not an easy transition.

I am the son of immigrants myself. My parents story is a real immigrant success story, but geez there is just too many immigrants: legal or illegal.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 AM

652 posts, read 2,806,442 times
As I stated in another thread, today's immigrants aren't pioneers. It's not like we're getting modern Daniel Boones or Mountainmen. Today's immigrants are simply crowding into an already existing infrastructure.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:44 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,649,184 times
Thumbs down How many threads like this does this forum REALLY need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
As I stated in another thread, today's immigrants aren't pioneers. It's not like we're getting modern Daniel Boones or Mountainmen. Today's immigrants are simply crowding into an already existing infrastructure.
That is pretty much the same thing about American immigrants in other countries. Just to give you some perspective.
Let's be honest: the US is an EXTREMELY YOUNG country in most other nations eyes. To most other nations, the US IS an immigration country, because that's how it was built. And you cannot change that. Most countries have existed for several houndreds and even thousands of years. The US is just over 200+ years. Put that in our perspective.

This is the deal: the US is NOT the only country that takes in immigrants. Legals or illegals.
The US is NOT the only country suffering from illegal immigration.
The US is NOT alone feeling like the own country and "people" is falling apart.
Far from it.
Look at it like this: The US starts wars. 5 European countries has to take on most refugees fleeing form the areas.
How do you think that is for us? But you don't hear us complaining in thread after thread after thread about it. It feels like there are hundreds and hundreds of threads already like this on this forum alone! Hasn't eveything been said already?? Ok, so you hate immigrants. Both legal and illegal. Do you really need to go on about it some more?! How do you think you would feel if other countries started to say: "We hate all American immigrants, they only cause trouble and should be thrown out of this country!!"
That wouldn't be so nice, would it?
This forum and it's "inhabitants" doesn't care if the legals/illegals are being good for the society. Sure, there may be some few comments about that "if they are good, they can stay", but let's face it- in your eyes, they should all return to their "home countries".

Other countries are mad about this too, because this is happening ALL OVER THE WORLD! Even in "less fortunate countries". You may not think it's as devestating to other countries- because quite simply, you don't put in perspective, and/or you don't know enough about the outside world.
We have all your problems too in other countries. We may not have as many illegals as you do, but put in perspective, we have the same amount. And because our countires are smaller with smaller population- it affects us even more.
Think about that for a change. And you STILL don't hear us complaining all the time about it.
Words on a forum doesn't make much difference. It just feeds hatridge and spreads it around. Kind of like Hitler's "Mein Kampf", but with a superior spreading tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration