Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:51 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,429,052 times

Advertisements

Frankly, I gotta take the dog out so I didn't read everything above - YOU are seeing what you want to in what he & I write yourself. The "imaginary" border is intended to go along with "manmade" - pointing out that these are not borders made by "God" & therefore my loyalty does not end with them. We often determine that "we" need to keep "them" out or who do "they" think "they" are - my point was not to invalidate the USA, but to validate us as a HUMAN family! You last paragraph as I glance above, is so ridiculous I'm not bothering... We ARE the world & there is nothing LIBERAL or idiotic about it. I call it "good Godly values". Okay, now I am done! And, taking the poor doggie out too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,301,022 times
Yes, we ARE the world, but we are also our individual families, our cultures, and our histories--and every national citizenship in the world has the right to protect their own. NOTHING "imaginary" about that. "God" doesn't have anything to do with any of this.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:34 PM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,246,336 times
I agree with Sweden in two aspects: There are already lots of threads on illegal immigration (but that only points out how important the issue is to the people) and we have the same problems in Europe as well.

Maybe there isn't a German (or any other European) forum similar to this one. But do Europeans complain about illegal immigrants? You bet! Read any online newspaper and click on readers' comments - it's exactly the same as on this forum. It's not about Americans and Mexicans, but about Europeans and their millions of illegal immigrants from Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Russia, Africa ... we have them all. Do they assimilate? Some do. But, unfortunately, often not the brightest of their countries come to us, so to speak. In Germany, quite a lot of them live on social welfare in the 3rd generation, have never worked for their outcome and still don't speak German after 30 years of living here. Many don't educate their children anymore, lots of our criminal kids are children of illegal immigrants. Compared to their percentage they are way overrepresented in our prisons. Especially many Muslims hate the Western lifestyle, yet profit from the taxpayers' money all the time. Of course they have free health care, they have free housing plus cash to live from. They know their "rights" very well, much better than I do mine.

We embrace everyone who comes here to contribute. But we could really do without those who just take, demand and whine. And what makes people understandibly furious: It's not only the rich who pay for the illegals but every hard working nurse, teacher and policeman as well. Yes, we are sick of it too.

I'm very sorry to say this, especially as a German who was, due to our history, taught to welcome all and everybody. But a majority of people feel something is terribly wrong.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 PM

547 posts, read 1,187,685 times
Thumbs down Some things for you to consider before you judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
That is pretty much the same thing about American immigrants in other countries. Just to give you some perspective.
Let's be honest: the US is an EXTREMELY YOUNG country in most other nations eyes. To most other nations, the US IS an immigration country, because that's how it was built. And you cannot change that. Most countries have existed for several houndreds and even thousands of years. The US is just over 200+ years. Put that in our perspective.

This is the deal: the US is NOT the only country that takes in immigrants. Legals or illegals.
The US is NOT the only country suffering from illegal immigration.
The US is NOT alone feeling like the own country and "people" is falling apart.
Far from it.
Look at it like this: The US starts wars. 5 European countries has to take on most refugees fleeing form the areas.
How do you think that is for us? But you don't hear us complaining in thread after thread after thread about it. It feels like there are hundreds and hundreds of threads already like this on this forum alone! Hasn't eveything been said already?? Ok, so you hate immigrants. Both legal and illegal. Do you really need to go on about it some more?! How do you think you would feel if other countries started to say: "We hate all American immigrants, they only cause trouble and should be thrown out of this country!!"
That wouldn't be so nice, would it?
This forum and it's "inhabitants" doesn't care if the legals/illegals are being good for the society. Sure, there may be some few comments about that "if they are good, they can stay", but let's face it- in your eyes, they should all return to their "home countries".

Other countries are mad about this too, because this is happening ALL OVER THE WORLD! Even in "less fortunate countries". You may not think it's as devestating to other countries- because quite simply, you don't put in perspective, and/or you don't know enough about the outside world.
We have all your problems too in other countries. We may not have as many illegals as you do, but put in perspective, we have the same amount. And because our countires are smaller with smaller population- it affects us even more.
Think about that for a change. And you STILL don't hear us complaining all the time about it.
Words on a forum doesn't make much difference. It just feeds hatridge and spreads it around. Kind of like Hitler's "Mein Kampf", but with a superior spreading tool.
You misunderstand. The concern is over illegal immigrants, NOT legal immigrants. It would take too long to cover all the other misunderstandings in your post but that is the top one. I'm sorry you think so little of us. You probably don't realize you try to make a point when you say "How do you think you would feel if other countries started to say: 'We hate all American immigrants, they only cause trouble and should be thrown out of this country!!' ", but we aren't swarming into other countries illegally and stealing identities, overburdening their social services, getting free education for our children while demanding they teach them in English as well as the language of the country we are in, causing the closure of hospitals because of our use of hospitals as doctors offices for our free care, while their legal citizens cannot even afford medical care to save their lives, literally. Just to name a few of the issues.
You may want to consider this before you come to any other judgements about us; using Mexico as an example, look into their immigration laws. If you are illegal you can expect to be shot, not deported, SHOT! If you even attempted to protest in the streets (as they do in our streets, carrying the Mexican flag) you would be arrested and should not expect ever to see the light of day again. Now tell me again how we are just complaining.
Oh, and I DON'T hate illegal immigrants, I simply want them to follow the laws of this country, by entering it legally. I think you'll find the same is true of most of us.
Have a nice day.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,488,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
You misunderstand. The concern is over illegal immigrants, NOT legal immigrants. It would take too long to cover all the other misunderstandings in your post but that is the top one. I'm sorry you think so little of us. You probably don't realize you try to make a point when you say "How do you think you would feel if other countries started to say: 'We hate all American immigrants, they only cause trouble and should be thrown out of this country!!' ", but we aren't swarming into other countries illegally and stealing identities, overburdening their social services, getting free education for our children while demanding they teach them in English as well as the language of the country we are in, causing the closure of hospitals because of our use of hospitals as doctors offices for our free care, while their legal citizens cannot even afford medical care to save their lives, literally. Just to name a few of the issues.
You may want to consider this before you come to any other judgements about us; using Mexico as an example, look into their immigration laws. If you are illegal you can expect to be shot, not deported, SHOT! If you even attempted to protest in the streets (as they do in our streets, carrying the Mexican flag) you would be arrested and should not expect ever to see the light of day again. Now tell me again how we are just complaining.
Oh, and I DON'T hate illegal immigrants, I simply want them to follow the laws of this country, by entering it legally. I think you'll find the same is true of most of us.
Have a nice day.
AMEN, and beautifully said.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Just because I do not like the fact that all you do on this forum is complaining and wining about how bad you have it and, plain simple, being rascists, it does not mean it think it's ok that you have all those illegals coming into your country.[/b]
Well, I read everything you said and I thought about it. I just can't get past that the last post you compared us to Nazi's and in this one you called us racists. I think maybe you should stop while your behind. I can only assume you don't understand the meaning of the word racist if you think this is a race issue. Some in our country also use that word against those of us against illegal immigration and guess what....it's the illegals. They think if they call us racist we will back off and shut up and let their actions continue. Maybe that is your intent as well.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
[color=DarkRed]I stand on the side where I see the truth or legitimacy - PERIOD. He gave his insight / opinion - there was not attacking - but you certainly did.
I guess you missed the part where he compared us to Nazi's and called us racist. Now tell me again how he didn't attack us.

I see you want to move to LA, I'll be really curious to see how you feel about the illegal immigrants when YOU live on a border state.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Again, as always on this particular forum, the point was lost. You complain about immigrants comming to the US and are unwilling to learn English, but when are you going to comprehend English? As I said- put it in perspektiv! No, few countries take in that many people, but our countries are SMALLER! The impact is still the same! Look at percantage and statistics and you'll learn that it's not all about certain numbers, but the end result.
Which I aslo wrote.

Instead of just reading and wanting to find something to complain about and to disagree with (and from that single statement say that VEREYTHING in the post was wrong) please read and THINK about what the person was trying to say.
Western European countries ARE in the SAME situation as you are in, agree or don't it won't change anything, but we do NOT complain about it like you do. I have yet to find a forum like this from any European country where there are hundreds and hundreds of threads- ALL dedicated to complaining about how bad you have it.
I tried to explain to you our situation- it was not a complaint and if you actually read it, you will see that. How am I going to make a point if I am not allowed to say anything about the circumstances?

I live in Sweden and we learn English in school and through media (70 to 90 % of our media are American these days). I know good English, but many don't eventhough they have the same chances as I to learn it. You cannot judge all Swedes based on what I am like, and I cannot base my perception on all Americans on what you are like. Thankfully.
Yes, it's horrible that people moving to the US don't have to learn English. But let's face it: we have the same problem. So do NOT believe I in ANY WAY endorse this happening in the US. Just because I do not like the fact that all you do on this forum is complaining and wining about how bad you have it and, plain simple, being rascists, it does not mean it think it's ok that you have all those illegals coming into your country. I can disagree with you on one point without disagreeing with you on everything. We all can do that. I just wish you all would see that.

Before quoting my posts, I urge you to READ through them and think actively about what I might be saying instead of using prejudice filters. Read with an open mind. Everytime you read something that someone else has posted. Always.
1st of all your country being smaller is irrelevant!
How is it any different explaining about your situation.
We are explaining about our situation here and what we are dealing with.
Ya know because of the difference in countries and understanding the english is it possible that you are misinterpreting our language in any way?
Maybe the chosen words that are used hold a different meaning in your country.
Which would be natural if you do not live here.
Slang terms might escape your understanding for instance.
We are under assault from illegal aliens plain and simple.
The reason we are so upset for a number is for a number of reasons.
They get assistance from our Government.
They have anchor babies.
They are committing crimes and fleeing back to Mexico.
They are in essence scabs which means the terminology that scabs went against the unions by working for lesser wages no insurance etc etc.
The scabs phrase I believe was coined by union workers! I might be wrong on this though.
We have elderly and children that are going without assistance because there is no money for it or on limited because funds are running short.
I do not believe that illegals have the right to take away from legal citizens in this country which in essence is what they are doing when they are getting assistance.
When they are taking jobs away from our legal citizens.
So maybe you should try to educate your self on America and its terminology and its meanings.
We are a proud country. Yes it is true we are from all walks of life.
But we only ask that you do not come here for a handout!
That you do so legally PLEASE.........

Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 PM

64 posts, read 132,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
In Germany, quite a lot of them live on social welfare in the 3rd generation, have never worked for their outcome and still don't speak German after 30 years of living here. Many don't educate their children anymore, lots of our criminal kids are children of illegal immigrants. Compared to their percentage they are way overrepresented in our prisons. Especially many Muslims hate the Western lifestyle, yet profit from the taxpayers' money all the time. Of course they have free health care, they have free housing plus cash to live from. They know their "rights" very well, much better than I do mine.
I cannot understand why White nations continue to accept this burden, especially with no decernable benefit and it seems the majority of the people in both Europe and America are against this path we are going down.

So the question is: Who, or what interests and groups, are pushing this on us and slandering all those who speak out against massive third world immigration and it's negative affects on historically Caucasian nations?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromTN View Post
I cannot understand why White nations continue to accept this burden, especially with no decernable benefit and it seems the majority of the people in both Europe and America are against this path we are going down.

So the question is: Who, or what interests and groups, are pushing this on us and slandering all those who speak out against massive third world immigration and it's negative affects on historically Caucasian nations?
The people in most offices are not listening to what we the people are saying. In short that is the problem period.
Maybe we need to start our own lobby group against illegals.

Race has nothing to do with this ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL!!!

Honestly I think that there are allot of lookie lues checking out these threads but are not willing to compromise themselves in any way to achieve the fight against illegals.

I don't mean to offend anyone but that is how I feel

Last edited by Yac; 09-05-2007 at 02:45 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration