Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:24 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

................and because of illegal immigration and the growing numbers of foreign workers that are broght in to replace American workers OUR middle class is slowly dissappearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 05:21 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,625 times
[quote=LOVE THE U.S.A.;1517096]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
If the general populace are good and hard working people then why
are they not taking care of there own??? Why are they letting there own
live in this poverty and live without good medical coverage good sanitary
condition's etc. ?
I hate to say it because I LOVE THE U.S.A. too, but we have people in this country going without medical care, in fact a LOT with either none or limited health care and not enough money to pay without going without other necessities, like food. We aren't taking care of our own either. We are far too busy giving free medical care and monthly checks to those invading our country. We as a country have always been very big on taking care of other countries poor and starving while we watch our countrymen die. I'd like to see some of the big companies currently handing out money to lobbyists to make sure they can hold onto their cheap labor force, turn over some of those big profits to the once middle class, now lower class they have created with their greed.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:49 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
................and because of illegal immigration and the growing numbers of foreign workers that are broght in to replace American workers OUR middle class is slowly dissappearing.
You are so correct. The problem being also is that it is not so slow anymore.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:50 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont hate immigrants, but this forum is about ILLEGAL immigrants. Those, no sorry dont like. And again, if you were personally affected by what is happening in America, you might feel differently. I am a American Citizen, they dont belong here illegally, demanding from and disrespecting us and our country.
Excuse me Nea1 but the title of this forum is "Immigration" not "Illegal Immigration".

It is posts like this from BetuliaJ, that really make this whole thing a shame.

Whenever Americans generalize and blame a race, religion or ethnicity there will always be so many good immigrants you offend, if I were a legal Mexican-American reading this forum I would be very offended just like BetuliaJ here.

Be careful lumping all people together...Americans have done it to black, asains, islamics...and now mexicans. It is pretty shameful and provokes the question "will we ever evolve?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetuliaJ
My parents came here from Mexico 40 years ago for a better life, and they definitely gave us one. I'm very happy that they came here to start a family. And that we grew up with so many opportunities. Whether we chose to take them or not was our decision, but we had choices. I'm proud to be an American and I'm also proud to be Hispanic, but I don't like to be lumped in with those who come here hating this country and looking for a scam or to take advantage of all the wonderful services and aid that are available for those who really need them. ( We never did, by the way). My parents are the most honest, hardworking, decent,law abiding people I know. And we grew up with those values. I'm proud of my Mexican heritage and I speak fluent Spanish. My children know about their Mexican/Colombian (I'm married to a Colombian/American) culture as well but we are 100% American. And this is our home. I say this because with all these Immigration issues (problems) we all get put in the same group, and we are not all the same. And by the way I've never had a chip on my shoulder about being Hispanic nor did I ever feel discriminated against REALLY! or maybe I just didn't notice it. (I grew up in So. California)....Oh wait there was this time on a Halloween night in Laguna Niguel (OC) where my brother lives. A man lied about running out of candy only when my children when up to his door. I forgot about that idiot. ANYWAY... I now live in North Florida, near Jacksonville, and there is a lot more prejudice here but I still choose not to notice it too much. Because like I said this is our home as well and we have every right to be here. One of my brothers has fought for our country, we contribute with our time our talents , our hard work our ideas..... and our heart to this great nation.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times
You lump everyone together. So, why is it ok for you but not for others? You call anyone who happens to be against illegal immigration racist and that is lumping people together with the true racist, who happen to be part of the La Raza team and all.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
You lump everyone together. So, why is it ok for you but not for others? You call anyone who happens to be against illegal immigration racist and that is lumping people together with the true racist, who happen to be part of the La Raza team and all.
Was I talking to you directly?

I call anyone who just talks about illegal Mexicans a racist candidate, especially the ones who come here complaining about how many kids they have and how they park close to your car, with their flag flying, overly attacking the latin culture like many threads here have done.

So let's talk about others besides just Mexicans illegals for once...heh? I posted a link that shows other non-Latino illegals and it gets no press. What gives?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
.Whenever Americans generalize and blame a race, religion or ethnicity there will always be so many good immigrants you offend, if I were a legal Mexican-American reading this forum I would be very offended just like BetuliaJ here.

Be careful lumping all people together...Americans have done it to black, asains, islamics...and now mexicans. It is pretty shameful and provokes the question "will we ever evolve?".
Yes, lumping people together is always shameful.....but a very easy mistake to make. Sounds to me like you're doing quite a bit of "lumping" yourself---I'm an American, and you seem to be "lumping" me in with a whole lot of people I disagree with......

Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
[quote=Mach50Thunderdart;1519151]Was I talking to you directly?

I call anyone who just talks about illegal Mexicans a racist candidate, especially the ones who come here complaining about how many kids they have and how they park close to your car, with their flag flying, overly attacking the latin culture like many threads here have done.

So let's talk about others besides just Mexicans illegals for once...heh? I posted a link that shows other non-Latino illegals and it gets no press. What gives?[/QUOTE]

This has been addressed before a few times and maybe you will read it this time. You will not see groups of any other illegal culture in our streets demanding rights they are not entitled to, burning our flag, saying our country belongs to them, calling us names and fying the flag of a foreign country. IT IS ONLY MEXICANS AND YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THE FLAG THEY RAISE.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,625 times
Default Why?

Quote:
I call anyone who just talks about illegal Mexicans a racist candidate...
WHY?

Simple question...and it shouldn't be very hard to answer since you are so sure of yourself.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Was I talking to you directly?

So let's talk about others besides just Mexicans illegals for once...heh? I posted a link that shows other non-Latino illegals and it gets no press. What gives?

You really need to read the links in these threads. The top 10 threads have a number of links in them.
If you cannot find any I am sure that anyone would be glad to post some links for you to websites that show the criminal activity and heartache that is being caused by illegal mexicans. They and their President have waged a war aginst the USA and All Americans and must be stopped.

Here is one for you:
An ex-felon and illegal immigrant deported five times will make a final exit if County Attorney Andrew Thomas gets his way.
County Attorney Wants Death Penalty for Illegal Immigrant

Another:
Police break up $31 million Hazleton cocaine ring

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM - Associated Press Writer

ALLENTOWN, Pa. --
A northeastern Pennsylvania cocaine ring that allegedly rang up sales of more than $31 million over three years was broken up Thursday as law enforcement officials announced charges against 40 suspects.
State Attorney General Tom Corbett said that some of the suspects are believed to be illegal immigrants -
Police break up $31 million Hazleton cocaine ring (broken link)

If you would like more heinous ones they are there.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration