Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,021,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Where was the racism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh please, do point out the racist diatribe.
You guys realize that something can be racist even if it doesn't contain particular words that have been deemed to be "bad", right? I mean there's more to racism than "the N-word" and whatever other ethnic slurs people throw around. Just tiptoing around and reminding yourself not to say this word or that word doesn't make you enlightened.

Quote:
You aren't new to this forum so why would you make the claim that any of us has said that all foreigners here are illegals?
Did you actually read the "we should let them buy their way in" thread? People use the term "illegal immigrant" (and variants) to describe people who haven't even entered the country. It's as if some people see "illegalness" as an inherent property of certain people. This is the mindset behind people who get worked up about "anchor babies". They don't feel certain people deserve to be treated like human beings because they are inherently unworthy of citizenship even if they meet the requirements laid out in THE LAW.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM

254 posts, read 591,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Whoever made such claims in this forum? Debating with honesty instead of lies lends so much more credibility to one's posts.
I guess here in this thread alone... and I did a search on this illegal immigration forum on each claim by mco65, and found most problems attributed to illegal immigration except for corporate bailouts and facism...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
If 20 mil left? Instant 0% unemployment rate. Imagine all the MONEY the US would save on welfare & Medicaid!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
[COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"]Prisons would be empty. Tax dollars could be used to help Americans who are homeless and/or poor.

Man if would be awesome for our society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If 20 million illegals left, we would still have to rid our country of a good 10+ million more. And, that doesn’t include those who would come after the exodus.
So I guess this post does qualify an honest post even when most estimates show a significant lower number...

PEW - > 11 million
Fair estimation -> 12.7 million
DHS estimation -> 10.8 million
Bear Sterns -> 20 million
“Minutemen” book by Jim Gilchrist and Jerome R. Corsi -> 30 million
CNN?Dobbs -> I do remember him quoting 30 million but cant find it again...
Census -> 38 million living in the US but born outside (legal + illegal)

So my guess is that if 20 million illegals are deported you will actually have deported some US citizens as well by mistake...

Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,940,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Wow that was a racist diatribe.

Seems to want to call anyone from the middle east terrorist. Not everyone from another nation is illegally here.

of those numbers how many are legally here?

Where is the thought of how much is contributed to the economy?

can you imagine the expense required to ship them out? that alone would BK us...

Well I'm sure the beer drinking, gun toting, racists will love this post.
the discussion was on ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS- that is the actual topic of the discussion. i don't see middle east terrorism mentioned anywhere.

i also didn't see anyone say anything bad about legal immigrants. they have paid their dues and they probably dislike illegal immigrants breaking the law and driving their wages down the same as everybody else.

my thoughts have already been expressed-illegal immigrants come here because they can't or won't work in their own country (for whatever reason) so how in heck are they going to be a net positive when the host country wants them out?

this has nothing to do with beer drinking, gun toting, or racism. i guess you could also accuse the mexican government of being racist and wanting mexicans out since they facilitate the illegal deportation of mexicans.

all mexico has to do is guard ITS OWN BORDERS. it shouldn't be our job to keep illegal immigrants out.

this goes for all countries that allow them here. it just happens to be a lot harder for countries to export their unwanted citizens in massive numbers when they aren't bordering the country they want them to enter.

i guess you didn't bother to read the actual link on the actual cost to americans for their housing, food, education, and healthcare.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Unfortunately his dream hasn't come true either...

And the dreamer was assassinated...
His dream has come a long ways from the nightmare it used to be. Try bringing yourself up to 2011. This isn't 1950's Selma, Alabama anymore. Back then we didn't have numerous black politicans or even a black president. It is ludicrous to imply that nothing has changed.

So he was assissinated. What has that to do with the achievement of his dream?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the discussion was on ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS- that is the actual topic of the discussion. i don't see middle east terrorism mentioned anywhere.

i also didn't see anyone say anything bad about legal immigrants. they have paid their dues and they probably dislike illegal immigrants breaking the law and driving their wages down the same as everybody else.

my thoughts have already been expressed-illegal immigrants come here because they can't or won't work in their own country (for whatever reason) so how in heck are they going to be a net positive when the host country wants them out?

this has nothing to do with beer drinking, gun toting, or racism. i guess you could also accuse the mexican government of being racist and wanting mexicans out since they facilitate the illegal deportation of mexicans.

all mexico has to do is guard ITS OWN BORDERS. it shouldn't be our job to keep illegal immigrants out.

this goes for all countries that allow them here. it just happens to be a lot harder for countries to export their unwanted citizens in massive numbers when they aren't bordering the country they want them to enter.

i guess you didn't bother to read the actual link on the actual cost to americans for their housing, food, education, and healthcare.
Just as you are free to leave America, Mexicans are free to leave Mexico, any free country cannot force its citizens to stay...

Old 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Just as you are free to leave America, Mexicans are free to leave Mexico, any free country cannot force its citizens to stay...
i guess you are ignoring that both countries actually have rules for immigration and emigration.

in that case, i guess we should all just go to mexico then-the beaches might be nice.

who is with me?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i guess you are ignoring that both countries actually have rules for immigration and emigration.

in that case, i guess we should all just go to mexico then-the beaches might be nice.

who is with me?
You can leave the US whenever you want, can't you?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,045,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
You can leave the US whenever you want, can't you?
But the other country you are headed for doesn't have to accept you and can force you to turn around.

Aye, there's the rub.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
But the other country you are headed for doesn't have to accept you and can force you to turn around.

Aye, there's the rub.
That is correct, so the statement below is incorrect, right?

"all mexico has to do is guard ITS OWN BORDERS. it shouldn't be our job to keep illegal immigrants out. "

Old 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM

let's not twist this around.
mexico has citizens that it is responsible for, correct?
they are not united states citizens, correct?
they are not entitled to united states benefits, correct?
they break the law when they come here, correct?
it is an unfair burden to expect the united states to control the mexican citizens, correct?
is it unfair for americans to demand that their laws be respected?

i suggest we just bill calderon for all the illegal immigrant services that they use if they don't want to control their own borders. mexico cannot pretend that they don't know we have a problem with their citizens sneaking across our border.

mexico, being the hypocrites that they are, actually has a tough immigration policy:

Mexican law calls for six to 12 years of prison and up to $46,000 in fines for anyone who shelters or transports illegal immigrants.

Article 67 of Mexico's immigration law requires that all authorities "whether federal, local or municipal" demand to see visas if approached by a foreigner and to hand over migrants to immigration authorities.

Mexico's Arizona-style law requires local police to check IDs. And Mexican police freely engage in racial profiling and routinely harass Central American migrants, say immigration activists.

"The Mexican government should probably clean up its own house before looking at someone else's," said Melissa Vertíz, spokeswoman for the Fray Matías de Córdova Human Rights Center in Tapachula, Mexico.

In one six-month period from September 2008 through February 2009, at least 9,758 migrants were kidnapped and held for ransom in Mexico — 91 of them with the direct participation of Mexican police, a report by the National Human Rights Commission said. Other migrants are routinely stopped and shaken down for bribes, it said.

A separate survey conducted during one month in 2008 at 10 migrant shelters showed Mexican authorities were behind migrant attacks in 35 of 240 cases, or 15%.

USA Today

why americans have to defend their right to have their laws enforced i don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration