Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Be careful. More and more American people HATE it when they hear Spanish cause Spanish is the language of illegals. Even if the person talkin Spanish is a US citizen.

A smart illegal alien would lie low instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.
When I hear someone speaking Spanish in public I do not immediately assume that they are an illegal. Many Hispanic-Americans will not choose English as their primary language of usage no matter how long they have been here. There is no law against speaking any language in public but since I know that what I stated above is true it is a non-assimilation factor to me and depending on the circumstances it can also be very rude. There may be no law against spitting on the sidewalk either but it is still rude. I don't care what language someone chooses to speak at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 11:20 AM

951 posts, read 747,451 times
So speaking Spanish is equivalent to spitting on the ground now? huh

Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,689,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So speaking Spanish is equivalent to spitting on the ground now? huh
no one ever said that except you

Old 08-03-2011, 11:29 AM

187 posts, read 182,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When I hear someone speaking Spanish in public I do not immediately assume that they are an illegal. Many Hispanic-Americans will not choose English as their primary language of usage no matter how long they have been here. There is no law against speaking any language in public but since I know that what I stated above is true it is a non-assimilation factor to me and depending on the circumstances it can also be very rude. There may be no law against spitting on the sidewalk either but it is still rude. I don't care what language someone chooses to speak at home.
Do you feel the same way if people are speaking any other language, I hear people speaking hindi, chinese, arabic, etc. all the time.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Oh so it's just as rude as spitting on the ground. Sorry.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

Leave it to the pro-illegals to spin everything we say in here. It was an analogy about rudeness not comparing spitting to speaking a foreign language. They also tried to spin my objection to a demographic takeover via illegal immigration as somehow being racist. Of course these same people would have a fit if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico illegally and their national language became Mandarin and Mexico became known as an Asian country culturally, rather than Hispanic. What hypocrites they all are!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Do you feel the same way if people are speaking any other language, I hear people speaking hindi, chinese, arabic, etc. all the time.
Not speaking the nation of birth language is rude & disrespectful. Who wouldn't be angry?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Leave it to the pro-illegals to spin everything we say in here. It was an analogy about rudeness not comparing spitting to speaking a foreign language. They also tried to spin my objection to a demographic takeover via illegal immigration as somehow being racist. Of course these same people would have a fit if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico illegally and their national language became Mandarin and Mexico became known as an Asian country culturally, rather than Hispanic. What hypocrites they all are!

Yeah it's the law you care about mhmmmmm.

Curious why you would say such things about legal cultures here then:

Quote:
The Cubans have managed to turn Miami and other Florida cities into little Havana. I am tired of foreigners changing our country to look like the country that they left.
huh - Basically you hate all foreigners that aren't like you. I mean, I didn't see any mention of illegals, laws, or breaking the law in that statement.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
True.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah it's the law you care about mhmmmmm.

Curious why you would say such things about legal cultures here then:

[/quote]

What about cultures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration