Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:17 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I did you one better than that. I actually read the link in the post. I also looked up a less biased source.

U.S. grants $28.8 million to community health centers | Reuters

So part of the money does come from the health care overhaul, and the rest from general appropriations. However, all it says about "illegals" is that health care workers do not have to inquire about their patients' immigration status.
The migrant community is comprised largely of illegal aliens. Therefore, contrary to Obama’s promise that the new healthcare law will not include those here illegally, "some" of these appropriations will indeed benefit illegal aliens. And, if I’m not mistaken, there are NO provisions in the new healthcare law to actually disqualify illegal aliens. It’s pointless to have a law restrict participation by a select group, without also having a means by which to determine eligibility.

By their own admission, the community centers do not inquire about immigration status. So, how on earth will they know if a person is here legally? They can’t. Moreover, I would certainly like to know why the employers of so-called migrants are exempt, while other employers and their employees must comply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I find it totally appalling that 6 million children in this country have at least one illegal alien parent, don't you? Did I just here a pin drop?
Yes, it's a shame that we've passed a bunch of dumb laws that make that many people illegal for no good reason at all. Appalling.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, it's a shame that we've passed a bunch of dumb laws that make that many people illegal for no good reason at all. Appalling.
In other words, we should not have standards. We should grant visas to the illiterate, thieves, rapists, pedophiles, and murderers. There is absolutely “no good reason” to reject them.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, we should not have standards. We should grant visas to the illiterate, thieves, rapists, pedophiles, and murderers. There is absolutely “no good reason” to reject them.
Yeah right, it is simply appalling that we don't allow the 2 billion impoverished across the planet to come here. It is just downright racist, isn't it? How dare we set quotas on immigration to control population growth in keeping with our ability to provide jobs and resources for them.

To hell with Americans and their needs such as jobs, resources in their own damned country. So what that they won't be able to feed their own families due to millions or even billions of foreigners flooding our gates.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM

951 posts, read 745,789 times
Quote:

cool strawman bro. We've been stating that their legal entries should be dependent on criminal background checks and even infectious disease checkups since like our first week on these forums.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,736 times
Quote:
No, see, those would be good reasons. Are you suggesting that everyone that is currently denied a visa is in fact denied because they fall into those categories? Because if that's the case, then I'll admit that our current immigration laws are pretty good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration