Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,022,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do we even know the percentage of pedophiles among the illegal alien population? Of course we don’t.
Do you have a reason to believe it's significantly different than the general population? Are you suggesting that it's higher?

Quote:
Regardless, NONE have a right to be here; and as a citizen of this country, and a taxpayer, I have every right to oppose this invasion.
Yeah, well this doesn't really have anything to do with protecting the children. This has to do with you wanting certain people to be forcibly kept away from you. And you're using the boogeyman as a convenient appeal to emotion to push your agenda.

Nothing new here.

Quote:
There you go with another “black” comment. For the umpteenth time, black citizens, good and bad, have a legal right to be here. Illegal aliens do not.
But that's just an arbitrary distinction. Those laws could be changed just as well as any other laws. If you really cared about saving the children you'd advocate for changing the laws to save the little children.

Quote:
Sorry, but it isn’t “one bad thing.” Countless illegals have molested not only our children, but our elderly women. In fact, some have been as old as 90. Sick, Sick, Sick!
Yeah, so you're supposedly not claiming they're all pedophiles, but you just keep running back to this "countless illegals are sick perverts" line.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,346,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Welcome back...

But Benicar is in error with her statement...

I do realize I need to qualify which particular statement she made, in this case being my wife and stepchildren's ability to naturalize...
Thanks. My few days in Oceanside were very relaxing. I think you missed the main gist of Benicar's post and that is why would someone whose family came here through legal channels be a defender of illegal aliens who didn't.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,858,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...I think you missed the main gist of Benicar's post and that is why would someone whose family came here through legal channels be a defender of illegal aliens who didn't.
Again, I am questioning the terminology ("desperately" and "gain citizenship") rather than the principle...

What would she mean using that phraseology?...

EDIT: Actually the phrase she used ("through our legal process") is out-of-place as well, there is no U.S. court process we are using for my family to naturalize...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Did not know Benicar was a She.
But you knew that I am a U.S. citizen, and still made the remark? I can generally keep up with details such as gender and stated backgrounds, many times it is critical in context. When I accent words from a quote, it tends to mean I have issue with those words in particular, not necessarily the overall principle.

How people say things can be as important as what they said...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:37 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,316,007 times
Quote:
It’s strange that someone who is desperately trying to gain citizenship for his family through our legal process would be so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws.
Quote:
Again, I am questioning the terminology ("desperately" and "gain citizenship") rather than the principle...

What would she mean using that phraseology?...

EDIT: Actually the phrase she used ("through our legal process") is out-of-place as well, there is no U.S. court process we are using for my family to naturalize...
It’s strange that someone who is trying to gain citizenship for his family would be so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws.

^^^This is the gist of her post.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I removed the ("desperately" and "gain citizenship") to make it easier for you to respond to her point.

You are dancing around her point.

Why are you so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
It’s strange that someone who is trying to gain citizenship for his family would be so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws.

^^^This is the gist of her post.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I removed the ("desperately" and "gain citizenship") to make it easier for you to respond to her point.

You are dancing around her point.

Why are you so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws?
You didn't remove "gain citizenship" from your rephrased quote...

My family going through the naturalization process is unrelated to any context of illegal immigration...

"All American NYC" was apparently trying to understand "the gist" of her remark, making further mistaken identifiers:

"The point [s]he was trying to make was why would a legal immigrant go all out to support an illegal?"

Maybe he will see your post to better identify "the gist"...

Until your reply, there wasn't a question to respond to. How am I "dancing around her point" if I wasn't asked for an answer? I did prompt on her phraseology, which seemingly no one wants to acknowledge.

To your question, why do you say "supportive"? If I have a family that I have legally immigrated (the true context that relates to why I am being asked about my stance), wouldn't that be identified as "supportive" of those that adhere to immigration laws? I'm following along just fine, but I see inconsistent responses on the thread.

As stated, I am a U.S. citizen, aren't I able to hold whatever stance I want?...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I should have referenced Wiki? You mean the website whose content can be modified by any computer savvy teen? Heck, even YOU could have edited its content. Don’t make me laugh.

But, since you insist on using Wiki as a source, here it is. . .

Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm. . . No mention of “less than four years older.” I wonder why.
That is why Wiki has the ability to be corrected through a process of peer-review...

Do you still stand by your statement of "...After all, in some regions of Mexico, sex with a 12-year-old is a legally acceptable practice."?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,346,353 times
Quote:
You didn't remove "gain citizenship" from your rephrased quote...

My family going through the naturalization process is unrelated to any context of illegal immigration...

"All American NYC" was apparently trying to understand "the gist" of her remark, making further mistaken identifiers:

"The point [s]he was trying to make was why would a legal immigrant go all out to support an illegal?"

Maybe he will see your post to better identify "the gist"...

Until your reply, there wasn't a question to respond to. How am I "dancing around her point" if I wasn't asked for an answer? I did prompt on her phraseology, which seemingly no one wants to acknowledge.

To your question, why do you say "supportive"? If I have a family that I have legally immigrated (the true context that relates to why I am being asked about my stance), wouldn't that be identified as "supportive" of those that adhere to immigration laws? I'm following along just fine, but I see inconsistent responses on the thread.

As stated, I am a U.S. citizen, aren't I able to hold whatever stance I want?...
No one was suggesting that you don't have the right to hold whatever stance you want but asking what your reasonings are for your stance.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,022,180 times
Quote:
Apparently, only chicagonut-approved poltical positions are Really Truly American. All others are part of a vast conspiracy (to undermine our white majority culture, of course).

Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No one was suggesting that you don't have the right to hold whatever stance you want but asking what your reasonings are for your stance.
I had that way back when in the first topic I ever started...

Anybody seen Benicar? I've asked her a few things about that "desperately", "gain[ing] citizenship", and "age of consent". What about the Vatican correlation too (although the theory falls flat for the Brazilian age of consent)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration