Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And pedophilia isn’t?
Nothing I said even loosely implied that.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Yeah, no one's talking about any "obligations" that you might or might not have.

I'm saying that if your Big Concern #1 was to TRACK the people who are now in our country illegally so that we could govern them in some kind of coherent fashion, then legalization is obviously the solution. But that's not an actual concern of yours, it's just a tangential issue that you bring up when you feel it best bolsters your cause.
We have a legal immigration process which MILLIONS adhere to. Please explain why we should make an exception for people who have chosen to violate our laws. No, I don’t believe ANY illegal alien deserves the time or resources required to determine who is or is not a threat to this country. Let them ALL return home and apply through legal channels. That is our process for weeding out the bad apples BEFORE they enter.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 PM

951 posts, read 745,308 times
Quote:
Sorry, but there’s far more than “one bad apple.” Have you not read the numerous articles on illegal alien child molesters?
Quote:
Furthermore, we won’t know the percentage of pedophiles until AFTER they have molested. Would you want your child to be sacrificed for the sake of the non-offender interlopers? I know I wouldn’t.

Emotional deception? No, I want our laws enforced, period. And yes, I want ALL illegal aliens, or according to you, “those people” out of my country.
LOL. Crying about emotional deception at the same time she is making an appeal to emotion.

Also, before some unsubstantiated claims about propensity of these people to do bad things are made:

Quote:
According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.
* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
We obviously need to get rid of all the white people. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Oh so they ALL didn't know, just some, and you weren't insinuating, you were actually just saying it. Gotcha
Never once said all knew. I said some had to have known.
Are you saying people who live in a specific neighborhood dont know about the wife beater?
Don't know about the drunk?
Dont know about the guy who stares at young girls?Are you saying its impossible that some within that community knew what this guy was about?
He never shared or talked about it?
Can you be so naive to believe this?
And yes I am just saying that some knew. But they didnt tell, just like they dont tell about the drug dealers in their ranks,or the thieves, or you name the crime. Didnt do it to me so not my problem right???????

Old 08-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
We have a legal immigration process which MILLIONS adhere to. Please explain why we should make an exception for people who have chosen to violate our laws.
I'm not asking for exceptions at all, obviously, I support a near total overhaul.

But um, one reason to make such an exception would be to keep track of them, the very thing you were complaining about not being able to do earlier.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
LOL. Crying about emotional deception at the same time she is making an appeal to emotion.

Also, before some unsubstantiated claims about propensity of these people to do bad things are made:

We obviously need to get rid of all the white people. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
No what we need to do is kill every pedofile we catch. The fact that we produce to many of our own doesnt justify or minimize the fact that many illegals are in fact in our prisons for violent crimes. Illegals who like all other illegals felt our laws were for everyone but them.
I know I know if we legalized illegals then somehow by magic the violent criminals will stop comming. because rewarding the millions who broke our laws is a deternet to the violent among them.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM

951 posts, read 745,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Never once said all knew. I said some had to have known.
Are you saying people who live in a specific neighborhood dont know about the wife beater?
Don't know about the drunk?
Dont know about the guy who stares at young girls?Are you saying its impossible that some within that community knew what this guy was about?
He never shared or talked about it?
Can you be so naive to believe this?
And yes I am just saying that some knew. But they didnt tell, just like they dont tell about the drug dealers in their ranks,or the thieves, or you name the crime. Didnt do it to me so not my problem right???????

Wow. So you are saying that suspecting someone of doing bad things means that they actually knew for sure these things were going on. I mean, if I know someone is actually beating their wife I'm going to call the cops. Are you saying you have known for a fact that these things happened and didn't do anything? Wow. I may ignore drug dealers because I feel the drug laws are failures but if someone is getting beat or hurt physically or lurking around young girls I'm calling the police.

Also, it's kind of funny that you are again putting them ALL down as a group for something you just stated you and I experience daily. We're not all bad though, but they are.....

Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No what we need to do is kill every pedofile we catch. The fact that we produce to many of our own doesnt justify or minimize the fact that many illegals are in fact in our prisons for violent crimes. Illegals who like all other illegals felt our laws were for everyone but them.
I know I know if we legalized illegals then somehow by magic the violent criminals will stop comming. because rewarding the millions who broke our laws is a deternet to the violent among them.
No, the violent criminals would not stop coming. No one said that. Violent criminals are some percentage of all human beings. They aren't some kind of mysterious population indigenous to the illegal immigrant homeland.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Wow. So you are saying that suspecting someone of doing bad things means that they actually knew for sure these things were going on. I mean, if I know someone is actually beating their wife I'm going to call the cops. Are you saying you have known for a fact that these things happened and didn't do anything? Wow. I may ignore drug dealers because I feel the drug laws are failures but if someone is getting beat or hurt physically or lurking around young girls I'm calling the police.

Also, it's kind of funny that you are again putting them ALL down as a group for something you just stated you and I experience daily. We're not all bad though, but they are.....
Once again and this is the last time Ill say it. I never said all. Never said you knew anything. I am saying scum like this guy seldom live in a vacume. When arrested regardless of race or origin you see the idiots come out in mass to talk to reporters. Yeah I always thought he was bad. i remember one time.......
No different than high crime areas. People know the gang bangers. People know or have a good idea who shot the kid up the street. Nobody says a word. Wasn't them so not their business.
I have never put anyone on ignore. I am close to doing so with you. You insist on accusing me of saying things I never said.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, the violent criminals would not stop coming. No one said that. Violent criminals are some percentage of all human beings. They aren't some kind of mysterious population indigenous to the illegal immigrant homeland.
So explain how legalizing the illegals would change this issue?
Securing the border would certainly help.
Rewarding any criminal behavior sends a message. The wrong message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration