Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...Illegals are here, while millions are waiting in foreign lands for the opportunity they have stolen...
This isn´t even a realistic claim...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,278,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
OWE? Do I owe you the "right" to work in my country just because you're born here? Why? And more importantly, why should I dictate your preferred residence at all?
Do I have a right to move into your house just because a piece of paper says you own it? Nations are the same principle on a larger scale.
Its the responsibility of a nations gov ie their policies to look out for our own best interests. We really need to raise our min standards.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,319,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We have a legal immigration process which MILLIONS adhere to. Please explain why we should make an exception for people who have chosen to violate our laws. No, I don’t believe ANY illegal alien deserves the time or resources required to determine who is or is not a threat to this country. Let them ALL return home and apply through legal channels. That is our process for weeding out the bad apples BEFORE they enter.
Very well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More simple I can go with. God knows I am all for that. But simple does not mean to lower the standards.
The illegals need to go home and do it the right way.
Quote:
Ever been to one of our embassies? Every week day is a huge line of people waiting for their interview.
Depending on the VISA there is months to years wait. All in line to have their application reviewed.
To allow illegals to stay and not return is a head of line pass and is a reward for breaking our laws.
I liked the analogy about waiting in the restaurant. I hate when people break rules, and laws.

I guess that's what many of us agree on. I don't like Trespassing Criminal Illegal Aliens. That is 4 things I don't like in one person.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,215,110 times
Quote:
Do I have a right to move into your house just because a piece of paper says you own it? Nations are the same principle on a larger scale.
Its the responsibility of a nations gov ie their policies to look out for our own best interests. We really need to raise our min standards.
But do YOU care? I mean, does it matter to you, morally, if someone in another country gets a job instead of an American?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah feel free to show me on that chart how.
That chart is a chart used by our embassy's by those who review applications? I went to uscis and didnt see that one.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
But do YOU care? I mean, does it matter to you, morally, if someone in another country gets a job instead of an American?
If they are more qualified? Are they allowed to immigrate here and flood a certain market? Its not a yes no question. If they are more qualified and the demand for the skill is there and they immigrated legally? No I am not bothered by it.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Every legal immigrant does not go through the same steps as another. Is a legal immigrant that is naturalizing going to resent that I did nothing to gain my citizenship? By legalization,illegal immigrants would start on a process the same as a legal immigrant entered.
I wouldnt know and nor do you. Some individuals might. I think most accept that those born here are born citizens and its a non-issue.
By legalizing illegals without making them follow the exact same steps legals had to follow is rewarding them for cheating. For breaking our laws. The legals I know feel strongly opposed to any short cuts or free passes for illegals. The legals paid good money and waited in some cases for years to get their VISA. its understandable that they would feel at best cheated at worst downright PO ed.
And it wouldnt be the same process not by a lot. That is unless you made them return to nation of origin and floow the exact same steps.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM

951 posts, read 747,898 times
Quote:
That chart is a chart used by our embassy's by those who review applications? I went to uscis and didnt see that one.
Oh well you are going to explain then? Please do.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,215,110 times
Quote:
If they are more qualified? Are they allowed to immigrate here and flood a certain market? Its not a yes no question. If they are more qualified and the demand for the skill is there and they immigrated legally? No I am not bothered by it.
If the demand isn't there, then there is no competition anyway. That's why all these concerns about the entirety of the third world coming here are ridiculous. Laborers are coming here because there is unfulfilled demand. As demand sinks, so will the supply, regardless of the laws in place.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Oh well you are going to explain then? Please do.
No you claim this is a valid chart used by those who decide who enters and who doesn't. Please show me where on the uscis web sight where I can find your chart.
USCIS Home Page
I cant find it.
Nor have you explained why we would owe anyone a VISA regardless of financial status.
I have explained how unlimited immigration is not to our benefit. If for no other reason our resourses are finite.
So please feel free to explain how allowing any and all except criminals to enter would benefit us and the gains out weigh the losses. I grant you that you are not in favor of allowing known criminals to enter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration