Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM

951 posts, read 747,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I beg to differ. Ever been to one of our embassies? Every week day is a huge line of people waiting for their interview.
Depending on the VISA there is months to years wait. All in line to have their application reviewed.
To allow illegals to stay and not return is a head of line pass and is a reward for breaking our laws.

I should have been clearer. There is no line for blue collar immigrants.

The educated, upper class foreigners getting visas aren't being delayed because of illegals either so the line in that sense is not a valid argument either.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I should have been clearer. There is no line for blue collar immigrants.

The educated, upper class foreigners getting visas aren't being delayed because of illegals either so the line in that sense is not a valid argument either.
It is a valid argument. If for example 1,000,000 people have applications waiting for approval ant there are 5000 people doing the reviewing. Thats a line in order of application. All waiting for approval before they can enter. This includes the upper class as you call them.
The blue color folks as you call them and I agree that is a fair description also wait for approval.
If we allow illegals to stay we have in fact allowed them to jump ahead of everyone who has been waiting their turn.
Now I have an application in for my step daughter. I can tell you first hand that line sucks.
Look here is where I stand 100% no B.S.
Our syytem is heavy in redundancy and overly complicated. It is outdated and needlessly burdonsome. Its not overly expensive but it is slow.
We need to have standards the higher the better. My step daughter has 2 degrees, her mom is now a citizen and she has no criminal record of any kind. We as law abiding citizen are being told that hey illegals wont get a free pass to the head of the line. But the fact remains they are already here after ignoring the process millions didnt. Lets forget that many committed a number of crimes while here. Everyone of them cheated.
Imagine your in line to eat at your favorite resturant. Its everyone elses favorite too.
Imagine a bunch of people cut in line after you have been waiting for hours.
You have reservations. You paid a cover to stand in line. And these line jumpers get in before you. You would be really mad. As you should be. No refunds, just keep waiting.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It is a valid argument. If for example 1,000,000 people have applications waiting for approval ant there are 5000 people doing the reviewing. Thats a line in order of application. All waiting for approval before they can enter. This includes the upper class as you call them.
The blue color folks as you call them and I agree that is a fair description also wait for approval.
If we allow illegals to stay we have in fact allowed them to jump ahead of everyone who has been waiting their turn.
Now I have an application in for my step daughter. I can tell you first hand that line sucks.
Look here is where I stand 100% no B.S.
Our syytem is heavy in redundancy and overly complicated. It is outdated and needlessly burdonsome. Its not overly expensive but it is slow.
We need to have standards the higher the better. My step daughter has 2 degrees, her mom is now a citizen and she has no criminal record of any kind. We as law abiding citizen are being told that hey illegals wont get a free pass to the head of the line. But the fact remains they are already here after ignoring the process millions didnt. Lets forget that many committed a number of crimes while here. Everyone of them cheated.
Imagine your in line to eat at your favorite resturant. Its everyone elses favorite too.
Imagine a bunch of people cut in line after you have been waiting for hours.
You have reservations. You paid a cover to stand in line. And these line jumpers get in before you. You would be really mad. As you should be. No refunds, just keep waiting.

Sigh. There is no line for unskilled workers to legally immigrate here.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Sigh
Do we owe them one?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,858,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You must have me confused with one of your children. You don’t order me to do anything. I provided the age of consent list. It clearly indicates, in Mexico, the age varies from 12-18 according to region. If you want full details, I suggest you research this issue yourself. And, please explain how am I “smearing” Mexico by posting their age of consent?
No, I´ve learned my children are much more truthful, and won´t say a baseless statement that they can´t defend in any way (I´ve trained them well)...

12 years-old is the Federally mandated minimum for someone less than four years older, just like we do in the United States. Mexican states can, and do, raise that age higher. I recognized that you wouldn´t defend your assertion applied to an adult for anywhere in Mexico (you do understand your source has content as it would apply to their minor viewers?).

Maybe you should look over Wiki a little bit more, it would have prevented an easy error on your part...

The offender was Brazilian, but I knew you can be predictable enough to bring Mexico into it in some way. Check the chart, the Vatican is also listed as an age of consent at 12 (with no notation). Does that mean pedophile priests are somehow encouraged in their sickness? If it were claimed as a simple response for a thread like this, wouldn´t that be a smear?

You didn´t quote your source correctly...

You didn´t attempt to quote the detail of the notation...

You didn´t verify the truthfulness of your statement...

You advanced a theory that doesn´t correlate to the data...

And I continue to understand why I am wise to dismiss anything you say as relevant...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Sigh
Do we owe them one?

Well ignoring the fact that you are now shifting goalposts (you were just claiming they could get in some line that doesn't even exist and wait for approval), I see no reason to not let in people with no criminal history who plan to work.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,214,037 times
Quote:
Sigh
Do we owe them one?
OWE? Do I owe you the "right" to work in my country just because you're born here? Why? And more importantly, why should I dictate your preferred residence at all?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Well ignoring the fact that you are now shifting goalposts (you were just claiming they could get in some line that doesn't even exist and wait for approval), I see no reason to not let in people with no criminal history who plan to work.
No blue collars get in? None? Why then do so many get in legally? In my wifes naturalization group was 72 people representing 34 countries. None appeared to be wealthy. Some looked like engineers. most were hispanic. And all were so proud.
But back to my question. Why should we allow a mass migration of unskilled workers. We produce a bumper crop of our own. Our immigration should reflect the needs of this nation and that should be our priority.
No sponsor, no cash not qualified. same as Thailand and most other countries.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
No blue collars get in? None?
Yeah feel free to show me on that chart how.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,858,870 times
Quote:
The reward is in giving illegals a path to citizenship that does not require them to go through the exact same steps that every legal applicant has had to follow. In fact anything short of this is a head of line pass. A reward for breaking our laws.
Every legal immigrant does not go through the same steps as another. Is a legal immigrant that is naturalizing going to resent that I did nothing to gain my citizenship? By legalization,illegal immigrants would start on a process the same as a legal immigrant entered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration