Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
I think a lot of illegal immigrants would rather be legal don't you? It's just too hard and too expensive to become a citizen. I don't like the idea of giving illegal immigrants ids so they can go to the bank though...you should have to pay taxes to use the services I feel like. Are there any Latino's posting here that have undergone the citizenship process? I think I heard by 2030 we should have a Latino president, of coarse that's just a projection.
We may never have a Latino president; why I say that is the way things are going----------the 'Hispanic' and 'Latinos' labels will probably wind up going away within 20 years since more and more, those labels are starting to become pejorative towards even Latin American Indians/Mestizos who cling to an archaic form of Spanish culture. In other words: we might have a president with the last name Rodriguez, but his ethnic label will not be Hispanic.

As it is: most White Hispanics are starting to take real offence being lumped in with the 'brown' folks for a number of historical reasons-----not the least being that the standard of beauty in most Hispanic nations is white skin and blue eyes. Sad but reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhand View Post
I'm all for legal immigration...I just hate that this situation is basically making our citizenship worthless!

We need to stop apologizing .

I'm no longer ' all for lgal immigration' . We are FULL and overflowing with legals too . They are bringing them in from every crook and corner of the globe . Visas, permits of all kinds .

Has to be e very sinsiter reason for this . They put water resrictions on us, tell us water is scace then load us up with people who breed heavily .

I'm also sick of the blame game . Both parties are doing this equally. We lost our nation because we allowed them to give it away . Most people vote with their desire ,not for country or childrens future . They want more meds less pay, bigger motorhomes for travel , more ways to have sex, more toys, homes, cars .

I have a feeling they have signed their own death warrants in some respects .Literily according to new health plan . If your old, be kind and drop dead . I'm old by the way .

Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM

706 posts, read 940,350 times
"We lost our nation because we allowed them to give it away"

I agree......"We" are both the problem and the solution.

What's next ?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:13 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

As it is: most White Hispanics are starting to take real offence being lumped in with the 'brown' folks for a number of historical reasons-----not the least being that the standard of beauty in most Hispanic nations is white skin and blue eyes. Sad but reality.
What evidence do you have for this?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
"We lost our nation because we allowed them to give it away"

I agree......"We" are both the problem and the solution.

What's next ?

I don' see a next for us, just the end . Doom and gloom is all i see . They have finally set up their forces inside our nation and we waited too log to stop it .

I wrote of this 8 or 10 years ago . I sent letter to friends and families with numbers and facts from the enemies own writings . They all laughed and called me paranoid . Not anymore .

Old 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgood View Post
What an asinine comment. All of it.
I stand by what I stated.

In fact: several White Hispanic people flat told me they perceive the 'brown' variety as being dirty.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

I don' see a next for us, just the end . Doom and gloom is all i see . They have finally set up their forces inside our nation and we waited too log to stop it .

I wrote of this 8 or 10 years ago . I sent letter to friends and families with numbers and facts from the enemies own writings . They all laughed and called me paranoid . Not anymore .
The problem is that treasonous combination of bleeding heart Libs and greedy Neo-Cons who sold the American people down the river. Suffice to say: the USA is still powerful enough to crush the invasion of those criminals from mostly Mexico---------if the Wash DC losers would simply stand back and let LE do its job.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I stated.

In fact: several White Hispanic people flat told me they perceive the 'brown' variety as being dirty.
Again, what evidence? Since they would report themselves as White-non Hispanic if they are somehow ashamed, yet, oddly, the majority don't. So what evidence, besides anecdotal generalizations, do you have on this basis?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Again, what evidence? Since they would report themselves as White-non Hispanic if they are somehow ashamed, yet, oddly, the majority don't. So what evidence, besides anecdotal generalizations, do you have on this basis?
Personal experience in real time conversations with said White Latinos.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Personal experience in real time conversations with said White Latinos.
So anecdotal evidence that may or may not be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration