Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 AM

705 posts, read 3,304,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss1956 View Post
True, many (or most) don't stay in LA. They have all but taken over some towns and cities here in the South and in states throughout the USA.
Crime has also gone up about 200%, since the Mexican invasion of many towns and cities here.

Hispanics are not making 58 cents for every dollar a White man makes?
That is pure propaganda. Sure, there are some places that will pay them under the table (no tax/cash money) and pay them $7.00 per hour instead of paying what they would normally pay a legal/regular employee, who would maybe be making $8.00 per hour.
They are doing better than a lot of White and Black Americans.
Construction workers here start off at about $12.00 per hour.
The Latinos make the same as a White or Black worker.
Yet, they combine their income and live 10 or 12 in one house, thus saving on rent. Somehow they even manage to get a food stamp card and WIC.
I pay full rent and utilities.
They come to our local Walmart in herds and scatter around the store, talking to each other on their cell phones, organizing their "shopping spree". Most walk out without paying for a thing. Boots, CD's clothes, food - you name it and they steal it.
(M wife works in a Super Walmart and sees how they pay for their food and sees what is stolen.)

Forgive me, but I can't make out exactly what you are trying to say in your last paragraph.
Are you saying that it is the fault of the USA that the Latin American countries and their politicians are corrupt? Is it our fault or are we forcing other people to have no morals, no character and to be dishonest enough to lie, cheat, steal and oftentimes kill?
Man, where do you come up with such nonsense?

When my wife moved from her home country of Germany to Finland.
She learned to speak Finnish - a very difficult language.
Then she learned to speak Swedish a little Norwegian and Russian.
She moved here to the USA with me and learned to speak English.
When I said that latinos are making 58 cents to every white american dollar I meant illegal immigrants. You never hear about these people! just like you dont hear about the many trafficked people that come from other countries and end up living like slaves in this country! It is said by many Chinesse people back in China that "not having a family member in the United States is an embarrassment to the family". Many of the Chinesse and also European immigrants end up working like slaves because their passaports are taken away and have no way of defending themselves. Learn about what really happens in this country! and learn about what this country has done to Latin America!! The United States has promoted democracy since its begennings but in the mid-1900's it imposed dictators in most of Latin America! the United States has taken all the good land away from the people of Central America and then we ask ourselves "why do they come to the U.S.?"! the United States dumps its toxic wastes in the Lake of Managua in Nicaragua with no guilt that many families depend on the waters of that lake! also, most people dont know that the United States has people all over the world who's jobs are to read news papers and articles and whenever anything bad is written about the United States, it is their job to write something good about the U.S. to make it look good!! there is this book called "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper who was a former U.S. intelligence briefing team member who reveals secrets kept by the U.S. government since the 1940's such as: UFO's, J.F.K's assasination, THE SECRET GOVERNMENT, and the war on drugs.
Educate yourselves!

Old 08-26-2007, 04:21 AM

118 posts, read 466,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Ummm, your English is defective. It's THROATS, not THROAT's. Are you sure you are an American? LOL.

Okay, so you haven't defined American culture. You have merely stated what you are not. You have not stated what your values are. How indeed do you define American culture? What are American values? Merely saying "anything not Mexican" is American culture isn't good enough. If you can not define what it is you are trying to preserve, then I'm afraid you don't know who you are.

As a 4th generation Irish American white male, I am truly pissed off by the racist attitudes expressed in these threads. My suggestion to you is....forget about racial categories. Treat people as individuals. Judge them according to individual merits and faults. Don't generalize.
Please forgive my typo with "throat's".

I'm sorry that you aren't able to understand what I have said.
Maybe you need to take reading course.
You are truly pissed off about racial categories? Son, I could not care less what you may be pissed off about.
Try walking down the street in Compton and you will see who the racist is.
Your attitude indicates that you are more than a 4th generation Irish white male.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:03 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,540,949 times
Quote:
Please forgive my typo with "throat's".
When you say that speaking English defines American culture, but you can not even construct a grammatically correct line in English - something that should have been learned in 4th grade - then that really comes back to haunt you, doesn't it? In fact, there are many native born Americans who can barely write and speak grammatically correct and sensible English. By your definition of American culture, these people are not true Americans. Should we start deporting all of them then?

No, you have not really defined American culture. You have merely stated what American culture is NOT. I suspect you don't really know what American culture is.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
When you say that speaking English defines American culture, but you can not even construct a grammatically correct line in English - something that should have been learned in 4th grade - then that really comes back to haunt you, doesn't it? In fact, there are many native born Americans who can barely write and speak grammatically correct and sensible English. By your definition of American culture, these people are not true Americans. Should we start deporting all of them then?

No, you have not really defined American culture. You have merely stated what American culture is NOT. I suspect you don't really know what American culture is.
Sorry, Bubba, please overlook my lack of command of the English language.
It was early in the morning, before I had my coffee, when I wrote that.

We should deport all the illegal immigrants. We should build a wall along the boarder and have our military stationed and patrolling the boarder.

Sorry that everything isn't spelled out to you for you to be able to understand.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time nor the interest in debating the issue with you.

Have a nice day, amigo

PS It's cannot -- not "can not"

Old 08-26-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
When I said that latinos are making 58 cents to every white american dollar I meant illegal immigrants. You never hear about these people! just like you dont hear about the many trafficked people that come from other countries and end up living like slaves in this country! It is said by many Chinesse people back in China that "not having a family member in the United States is an embarrassment to the family". Many of the Chinesse and also European immigrants end up working like slaves because their passaports are taken away and have no way of defending themselves. Learn about what really happens in this country! and learn about what this country has done to Latin America!! The United States has promoted democracy since its begennings but in the mid-1900's it imposed dictators in most of Latin America! the United States has taken all the good land away from the people of Central America and then we ask ourselves "why do they come to the U.S.?"! the United States dumps its toxic wastes in the Lake of Managua in Nicaragua with no guilt that many families depend on the waters of that lake! also, most people dont know that the United States has people all over the world who's jobs are to read news papers and articles and whenever anything bad is written about the United States, it is their job to write something good about the U.S. to make it look good!! there is this book called "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper who was a former U.S. intelligence briefing team member who reveals secrets kept by the U.S. government since the 1940's such as: UFO's, J.F.K's assasination, THE SECRET GOVERNMENT, and the war on drugs.
Educate yourselves!
Well, I see that we do agree on something: Government cover-up regarding UFO's and J.F.K's assassination.
You sound very anti-USA. If you don't like it here - Delta is ready when you are and you are.

PS You misspelled assasination. It's assassination.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:42 AM

156 posts, read 151,575 times
Quote:
Ummm, your English is defective. It's THROATS, not THROAT's. Are you sure you are an American? LOL.

Okay, so you haven't defined American culture. You have merely stated what you are not. You have not stated what your values are. How indeed do you define American culture? What are American values? Merely saying "anything not Mexican" is American culture isn't good enough. If you can not define what it is you are trying to preserve, then I'm afraid you don't know who you are.

As a 4th generation Irish American white male, I am truly pissed off by the racist attitudes expressed in these threads. My suggestion to you is....forget about racial categories. Treat people as individuals. Judge them according to individual merits and faults. Don't generalize.
Actually you sound jealous or something. In the first place, they never mentioned race anywhere in this post you are having a hissy about. You are the one who men tioned race and that usually means that you had no debate so therefore you found it easier to personally attack the poster. Too bad, b ut some of us can see that very clearly. BTW, you can be as pissed as you want. You still made a post that was nothing but a personal attack and had nothing of substance to say to anyon e reading this thread. You don't do what you want others to do. Sounds just like what people are sick of with the illegals.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:17 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,540,949 times
Quote:
We should build a wall along the boarder and have our military stationed and patrolling the boarder.
Boarder is spelled BORDER. And you misspelled it not once but TWICE. This means it wasn't a typo and you can't blame it on your lack of coffee either. The bottom line is, you really can't spell. How can you call yourself an American (by your own definition)? I hope you don't take this as a personal attack; it's really not. I am merely using your own litmus test on you.

In fact, I tend to agree that we ought to subject every person who wants to live in the US a test on English language skills before he or she can be accorded citizenship status. The test should include everyone, even the native born. I'd be curious to see how many of the English only crowd will actually pass it.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,591,289 times
Default Thanks for the eye-opener

Quote:
Forgive us, please, ndfmnlf---most of us, I think, having read over your post have now come to the realization that there really is no American culture--there's just one "Human" culture, and it's all good.
We don't often hear about this, of course. We don't hear about the Americans pouring into Mexico daily, in a desperate search for a better life, willing to demand their rights from the Mexican government.
You hear little on the news, too, about the world's many displaced political and economic refugees who can't decide on whether to head for America, or Bangladesh, or Tibet, or Angola---hard decision, because these places are really all the same. Sometimes these refugees just "flip a coin".
Another thing you don't hear much about is the tremendous building boom as christian churches, seminaries, and synagogues are being built all over the Islamic world due to the tremendous religious freedoms found there. Or the very up-to-the minute Saudi Arabian feminist movement; they're new, but doing very well, I hear.
Lastly, there is a little-known movement among American prison inmates seeking to be able to serve out their sentences in Egypt, Syria, and Colombia. Seems these "boys in blue" feel their time would go faster if they could get in a little local color--and, as we all know, their living conditions would probably be just the same.
Thanks once again for pointing out the sheer fallacy of speaking about "American culture"......Good post!!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,492,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
When I said that latinos are making 58 cents to every white american dollar I meant illegal immigrants. You never hear about these people! just like you dont hear about the many trafficked people that come from other countries and end up living like slaves in this country!
It is very important that we stop these people from entering the US so they do not end up 'living like slaves in this country'.
Quote:
It is said by many Chinesse people back in China that "not having a family member in the United States is an embarrassment to the family".
There are people in the US who consider not haivng a new Mercedes sitting in the driveway an embarassment (not embarrassment) yet they do not resort to illegal acts to get one.
Quote:
Many of the Chinesse and also European immigrants end up working like slaves because their passaports are taken away and have no way of defending themselves. Learn about what really happens in this country! and learn about what this country has done to Latin America!! The United States has promoted democracy since its begennings but in the mid-1900's it imposed dictators in most of Latin America! the United States has taken all the good land away from the people of Central America and then we ask ourselves "why do they come to the U.S.?"! the United States dumps its toxic wastes in the Lake of Managua in Nicaragua with no guilt that many families depend on the waters of that lake! also, most people dont know that the United States has people all over the world who's jobs are to read news papers and articles and whenever anything bad is written about the United States, it is their job to write something good about the U.S. to make it look good!!
The issue question being discussed is how we will deal with a less diverse Los Angeles. Here is a list from the LAPD that is not very diverse at all and does not reflect well on your 'we did all these terrible things to these poor, humble folk who only come here to work so we should welcome them' hypothesis. How many are illegals? Who knows. I would be willing to bet a fair number of them are. And one is too many in my book.

All Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

Quote:
there is this book called "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper who was a former U.S. intelligence briefing team member who reveals secrets kept by the U.S. government since the 1940's such as: UFO's, J.F.K's assasination, THE SECRET GOVERNMENT, and the war on drugs.
Educate yourselves!

Last edited by andreabeth; 08-26-2007 at 10:04 AM..

Old 08-26-2007, 11:47 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,492,989 times
Quote:

Enlighten us, 4th generation Irish American white male. Define American culture. "If you can not define what it is you are trying to preserve, then I'm afraid you don't know who you are." Do you know who you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration