Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:52 PM

118 posts, read 466,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here is one example:

Meatpacking paid an average hourly wage in 1976 of $17.41. In 2006 the average hourly wage was $11.47. (chart is about halfway down the page, left hand side)

Meatpacking in America: Still a Jungle Out There? . NOW | PBS

The link doesn't work.

Who said everyone should go to college? Or graduate school? America is always going to need plumbers, electricians, car mechanics, UPS drivers and construction workers. Bringing back vocational High Schools would be a good idea IMO, but I digress. The wages of construction workers are not dropping because the workers don't know how to spell 'boarder'. They are dropping because American workers are losing their jobs to illegal workers who undercut the wages. American jobs should go to American workers.

Where did crisis1965 demand higher wages?

On what basis is this statement made? You know nothing about crisis1965.

This is nothing but a personal attack. How can you possibly presume to know anything about this person's math and science skills?

Well, I just do declare. Us Southern boys do indeed, tend to have a difficult time talking correct English. Lawd have mercy on us, when we have to spell somthin correctly.
If yall think my spellin skills are bad, you ought to heah me talk.
This boy's little ole personal attacks on me, means nothing.
Afterall, who am I to back sass someone of his character

Old 08-26-2007, 08:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss1956 View Post
Well, I just do declare. Us Southern boys do indeed, tend to have a difficult time talking correct English. Lawd have mercy on us, when we have to spell somthin correctly.
If yall think my spellin skills are bad, you ought to heah me talk.
This boy's little ole personal attacks on me, means nothing.
Afterall, who am I to back sass someone of his character
Don't worry. He's prolly figurin' our American culture consists of eating cheeseburgers and watching reruns of the 'Dukes of Hazzard'. Jes' regular folk.

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaw!!

Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,539,955 times
Quote:
So what if I misspell a word here and there.
Lord knows that it's only true Americans who never misspell a word.
I spell well enough to have completed college, several levels of NCO Academies as well as the Sergeant's Major Academy.
It's Sergeants Major Academy, not Sergeant's Major Academy. There is no apostrophe in sergeants major. Jesus H. Christ, you seem to have major problems with the correct usage of apostrophes. I refer you to this link Apostrophe Help for a brief tutorial on this. Also see this https://www.bliss.army.mil/usasma/us..._of_USASMA.asp

Look, if the English language is tough enough for you - a self-proclaimed American citizen and self-proclaimed college attendee (though I have my doubts) - to master, how much more for those who don't consider English their primary language? Can you please spell HYPOCRISY at the count of ten?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 PM

156 posts, read 151,514 times
One can always tell when one has lost any debate there ever was when they become the spelling or English usage cop of a thread.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,539,955 times
Quote:
Is there something wrong with someone working at Walmart?
It sure beats selling drugs or (pardon my Southern phrases) laying up on welfare.
At least it's an honest living.
Yes, it is a lower paying job but they do give people with disabilities a chance to work, as well as helping older people supplement their income.
Heck no, there's nothing wrong with Walmart. I love Walmart. I own Walmart stock, so why should I not love it? What is wrong is people who constantly whine about having low wages and blaming it on illegal immigrants when in fact the whiners don't have the necessary education to be able to earn good wages. If you took out the illegals from the picture, you would still not command $100 an hour if your skills are not what the market needs.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Heck no, there's nothing wrong with Walmart. I love Walmart. I own Walmart stock, so why should I not love it? What is wrong is people who constantly whine about having low wages and blaming it on illegal immigrants when in fact the whiners don't have the necessary education to be able to earn good wages. If you took out the illegals from the picture, you would still not command $100 an hour if your skills are not what the market needs.
What is with the '$100 an hour' refrain?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,753,983 times
Guys, next time please report poor trolling attempts instead of responding to them. This is what the button is for.
This thread has gone too far off topic.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration