Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times

Advertisements

NY Times makes an interesting point about the prevalence of repeat crossers in the people now crossing the border illegally...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/wo...ed-states.html

You deport them come right back. Send them to the pen when they get out and get deported they come right back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,527 times
That's what happens when our government encourages illegal immigration.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
I wish they would just crack down and put a stop to this.

Have to add that I spent the weekend with my LEGAL husband, printing out forms from USCIS so that he can remove the conditions from his green card and become a permanent legal resident with no conditions.

This paperwork nonsense knows no limits and the amount of money they make you pay just to file the papers is always close to $1000.00. If he doesn't do this in time--oh, and PAY another $85 to get fingerprinted AGAIN he could be deported.

He has been here for three years and we are still paying off the initial fees that are in the thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Why do WE who did it the RIGHT WAY get treated like this, as opposed to the ILLEGALS who are always demanding their rights and really should have NO rights because they're not really here.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Have to add that I spent the weekend with my LEGAL husband, printing out forms from USCIS so that he can remove the conditions from his green card and become a permanent legal resident with no conditions.

This paperwork nonsense knows no limits and the amount of money they make you pay just to file the papers is always close to $1000.00. If he doesn't do this in time--oh, and PAY another $85 to get fingerprinted AGAIN he could be deported.

He has been here for three years and we are still paying off the initial fees that are in the thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Why do WE who did it the RIGHT WAY get treated like this, as opposed to the ILLEGALS who are always demanding their rights and really should have NO rights because they're not really here.
Are you aware that a coyote charges anywhere from $4000-12,000 per person he smuggles into the country? Makes that $1000 and $85 look a lot more affordable, no? And how can anyone put a price on doing things the right way - legally. Bravo for you and your husband taking the right path, because he will not have to worry about the limitations of where he can work. No one said the process should be simple and cheap to become a legal resident or naturalized citizen of one of the best countries in the world. We need to have a vetting process in place, don't you think?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,492 times
Some criminals keep committing the same crimes over and over again. We don't give them amnesty. We jail them. Clearly we need to make it obvious that illegals will get caught, arrested and deported instead of our current policy of periodic amnesty and paid benefits for their offspring.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Some criminals keep committing the same crimes over and over again. We don't give them amnesty. We jail them. Clearly we need to make it obvious that illegals will get caught, arrested and deported instead of our current policy of periodic amnesty and paid benefits for their offspring.
Actually as Gandhi demonstrated there is virtually no way to prevent the eventual success of such a practice.

Let us see...500,000 more illegals incacerated... 18 Billion per annum.

Twice as many illegals caught and prosecuted...36 Billion per annum.

How many dollars do you think even the most red blooded of the proponents is willing to propose?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Second offense.... Give them a gun and ship them to Iraq or Afghanistan.

If they make it back, give them citizenship. If they don't, well...

They wanted so badly to be in a different country. Give them their wish.

Oh... wait... Nevermind me. I'm just a racist, bigoted xenophobe.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:00 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Second offense.... Give them a gun and ship them to Iraq or Afghanistan.

If they make it back, give them citizenship. If they don't, well...

No, that's too good for them. Our citizens are given guns and sent to Iraq and Afghanistan and they don't get anything in return, let alone something equivalent to giving free citizenship, especially to someone who got here in the first place by breaking the law.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
NY Times makes an interesting point about the prevalence of repeat crossers in the people now crossing the border illegally...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/wo...ed-states.html

You deport them come right back. Send them to the pen when they get out and get deported they come right back.
The blame should be placed on the inept and corrupt Mexican Government.

Instead of demanding that the USA's border, sovereignity and laws be respected Obama chooses instead to kiss Mexico's and Calderon's a$$.

These ILLEGAL Mexicans are the only ones seperating their families. What a JOKE !!!

Their family is always free to join them in Mexico.

Keep arresting and deporting them until they are destitute, let their husbands and wives find someone else, the US doesn't owe criminal Illegal Aliens squat.

Mexico needs to deal with it's citizens , not the US.

When Mexico gives freebies to Americans and handouts to their children then you might be able to talk about things being fair. Until then who cares about any hardships these people bring upon themselves.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 PM

177 posts, read 139,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

You have really random capitalization issues. It sounds like you are not happy with the costs of the current legalization process. I would take that up with your senator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration