Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,831,353 times

Advertisements

Your rich and powerful that live in gated communities have sold the land from under your butts...what the hell were they thinking? Well I can tell you - they thought and they thought right that immigration illegal and legal would not effect them - well it doesn't - it only effects what is left of the dwindling middle class and the poor..that are increasing...I could never understand the family disloyalty that America and others suffer under those that control them...why in heavens name would you allow the poor neighbours next door come into your home and slowly run you off? American leadership are not protective of their fellow countrymen and woman - they don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves...God bless America - cos no one else will!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,550,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your defenses for illegal immigration however are not viable. I can say that red is black but that doesn't make it so. Of course you aren't biased in your views just me, right?

I have listened to the other point of view from you and others like you. Sorry, I can't get past the facts that illegal immigration has caused job losses for Americans, higher taxes, increased crime rates including stolen identities, overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals and the depletion our our natural and other resources. I certainly can't get pass the fact that illegal immigration is against the law and that the last amnesty only increased the number of illegals coming here. If you have a viable argument against all of the above please post it.

If being concerned about the soveirngty of our borders and the safety and livelyhood of my fellow Americans makes me superior then so be it. I take back my compliment of you remaining civil from your above statements. Bye, and have a nice life.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,675,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
It's is legally wrong. Morally (to me) is arguable. So working mom's only abandon their young children for half the day... okay. (again, not my belief - just for the sake of argument)

By the way. I love the very cute. I've been doing that since I got here! . .

Again. I don't argue the illegality of it... I will debate the definition of "stealing" though. And, some laws are just wrong. That's why American's have the ability to change the laws. Again, my suggestion of changing the law was really (mostly) for argument sake.

And any example/argument I would give to rebut your last sentence would be picked over just as aggressively, so...it's time for me to take a break from this debate and go spend some time taking care of MY family which I am fortunate enough to be able to do.

Have a great day!

What laws are wrong?
Is coming to the U.S illegal wrong when we have a legal system?

Old 12-09-2011, 04:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,557,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
While you advocate for compassion for these illegals where is your compassion for the American people who have lost their jobs to them, had their taxes raised to support their social needs, experiencing crowded schools by non-English speaking illegals, had to wait behind illegals in the ER rooms (of which they don't pay their bills) and/or had their I.D.'s or SS numbers? stolen by them?

Americans who break the law when caught are held accountable for it. Illegals not so much. None of us are perfect but it is a ridiculous reason to allow millions of illegal foeigners into our country to destroy ourselves and those Americans who aren't law breakers along with it.

These people are not citizens so why would you refer to them that way? So those who have managed to evade the law longer should be given a pass? I don't think so! How have they been surving all these years without doing at least some of the things in the above paragraph?

We allow in as many "legal" immigrants as we can accomodate in jobs and resources without negatively impacting our own. Granting amnesty to any of those here illegally would negate that sane policy, wouldn't it?

"We" the American people did not allow this and I'll be damned if we are going to pay for it by allowing these people to stay.
First of all, I also do have compassion to my fellow Americans. You claim that they lost jobs to them does have validity. Also, I make a claim that there are jobs that my fellow Americans do not take. The jobs illegals take that Americans can take I am for not allowing illegals here just as you do.

Also, may of the jobs illegals take do have social security and others taxes taken from them and most likely they will never see benefits given to them in the future. Even then, many of them ARE paying taxes into the system as much as you may not agree. You talk in exaggerating terms as if they get paid and they do not pay back anything at all. Many do.
The cases you cite in hospitals, schools I am aware that they do exist but I also will say that when many of those cases have been scrutinized the examples are exaggerated cases to inflame the emotions of people, you reflect that result I must say.
However, there is part of me that even though I do not agree with what is going on and even agree with some of what you say, if I am going to have to pay for free services for people that may not deserve. I am willing to support SOME segment of illegals that are hard working and do not sit down and waiting for free benefits without working for them at all. There are a lot of freebies out there that millions of legal citizens get by milking the system. Actually, I venture to guess that their numbers are so much bigger thant then illegals. To me if we look closer most probably their numbers are a much bigger strain on the economy than from the illegals as you claim. As I read the history of our country and others countries, there is always people that fall for the rhetoric in demonizing a group and use them as the scapegoat for the country's perils.
Actually, have you seen the numbers of illegas coming into this country? They have dwindled so much. Why? Because of the lack of jobs out there. The ones that are already here illegaly when you put them in the big picture, is not the horror picture you paint as far as I am concerned. What is the percentage of illegals compared of the percentage of legals working in this country? Now, how the percentage and types of jobs they take away from legals? Have you made a comparison.
Also, what is the breakdown of types of jobs they come to take? Find out and tell me if your claim is as horrible as you make it sound.

Illegals are accountable if they break the law. However, I will agree with you in this sense. There are enough Americans out there that believe in giving them amnesty. I do not agree with that as I explained it in my previous message. That part I do agree they need to be accountable. I never said they should be given a pass. Here is where you seem to apply some selective reading from what I have written before and now.
As far giving ammesty to some of them can make sense. There are legislators out there that see a reality you are missing. Logistically, right now it is extremely difficult to find them, sort them by situations, and then send them back. The money you may claim is wasted on them may not be much as the money in the logistics of sending them back. That is reality.
I will tell you this. You can argue all you want. In the long run, they will be here to stay regardless of how much you may scream on the issue. Many in our nation are more rational in dealing with the situation, not just on emotions as others do. Take care.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,557,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
And that is my point. Answer the question of: Why is immigration (ILLEGAL immigration) important for these so-called "Hispanics?"

Answer that and you will see that it is race-centered. We don't really have Hispanics that are the ones who care about that the most. Let's be honest and say that it is Mexicans ... El Salvadorians, Guatemalans. These are the ones who are leading the pro-illegal immigrant fight.

It is lobbying based on race. Like I said earlier, I don't think that is right for any group. The country should promote that. Why do the politicians accept votes as they race-bait? President Obama (whom I don't agree with politically, but respect) goes to the Black Caucus and says ONE THING, then he goes to the Hispanic Caucus and says another. I think all of that is wrong.

Then you have your groups like La Raza and it all becomes obvious that these so-called Hispanic groups are rallying for political, social and economical control for "their people." That is a threat. That promotes and encourages separation, that is a threat to all others. When you have millions of illegal immigrants who will join that party, that's a problem.
You do not have to explain that to me. I am aware of the agenda La Raza and other groups have. I do not like illegals coming to this country because and wave their own flags while the bite the hand that feeds them. In that sense I am with many that area against illegals. Take care.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,254 times
Illegals are not here to stay. Enforce our laws, reduce the handouts they get and they will leave. They're certainly not here to become Americans or contribute to this country. Make life harder for them by fining employers, getting rid of the anchor baby amendment and making it clear that learning English is not optional and they WILL leave.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,328,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
First of all, I also do have compassion to my fellow Americans. You claim that they lost jobs to them does have validity. Also, I make a claim that there are jobs that my fellow Americans do not take. The jobs illegals take that Americans can take I am for not allowing illegals here just as you do.

Also, may of the jobs illegals take do have social security and others taxes taken from them and most likely they will never see benefits given to them in the future. Even then, many of them ARE paying taxes into the system as much as you may not agree. You talk in exaggerating terms as if they get paid and they do not pay back anything at all. Many do.
The cases you cite in hospitals, schools I am aware that they do exist but I also will say that when many of those cases have been scrutinized the examples are exaggerated cases to inflame the emotions of people, you reflect that result I must say.
However, there is part of me that even though I do not agree with what is going on and even agree with some of what you say, if I am going to have to pay for free services for people that may not deserve. I am willing to support SOME segment of illegals that are hard working and do not sit down and waiting for free benefits without working for them at all. There are a lot of freebies out there that millions of legal citizens get by milking the system. Actually, I venture to guess that their numbers are so much bigger thant then illegals. To me if we look closer most probably their numbers are a much bigger strain on the economy than from the illegals as you claim. As I read the history of our country and others countries, there is always people that fall for the rhetoric in demonizing a group and use them as the scapegoat for the country's perils.
Actually, have you seen the numbers of illegas coming into this country? They have dwindled so much. Why? Because of the lack of jobs out there. The ones that are already here illegaly when you put them in the big picture, is not the horror picture you paint as far as I am concerned. What is the percentage of illegals compared of the percentage of legals working in this country? Now, how the percentage and types of jobs they take away from legals? Have you made a comparison.
Also, what is the breakdown of types of jobs they come to take? Find out and tell me if your claim is as horrible as you make it sound.

Illegals are accountable if they break the law. However, I will agree with you in this sense. There are enough Americans out there that believe in giving them amnesty. I do not agree with that as I explained it in my previous message. That part I do agree they need to be accountable. I never said they should be given a pass. Here is where you seem to apply some selective reading from what I have written before and now.
As far giving ammesty to some of them can make sense. There are legislators out there that see a reality you are missing. Logistically, right now it is extremely difficult to find them, sort them by situations, and then send them back. The money you may claim is wasted on them may not be much as the money in the logistics of sending them back. That is reality.
I will tell you this. You can argue all you want. In the long run, they will be here to stay regardless of how much you may scream on the issue. Many in our nation are more rational in dealing with the situation, not just on emotions as others do. Take care.
You can believe what you want or you can believe the viable statistics on this issue. At any rate, they don't belong here and should be deported. They broke our immigration laws. No exceptions! If anyone is arguing on emotion it is the pro-illegal side. No, they aren't here to stay. We who are law abiding Americans and who put our own citizens first will see to that and you can take that to the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration