Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,115,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Your a riot! You see in real life we go with the facts. In fact it was most definately the "troubled young teen" (what an excuse ). I'm a pro-bono lawyer, your a Nigerian Prince , do you really think a "lawyer" would fall to your scam? Really?!!?

HINT: Your analogy would work better had you chosen a different unknown scam. Whats that saying that fits here real well.... You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. Sorry.
No, you clearly don't "go by facts" because you believe the word of a teenager supercedes factual evidence.

And why wouldn't you fall for my "scam"? Are you now suggesting that evidence only matters when it has a direct impact on you alone? Why not this teen? Why don't the facts matter in this case but they matter when you personally may be getting scammed? I like your very selective reasoning. It's definitely a lawyer's trait.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
No, you clearly don't "go by facts" because you believe the word of a teenager supercedes factual evidence.

And why wouldn't you fall for my "scam"? Are you now suggesting that evidence only matters when it has a direct impact on you alone? Why not this teen? Why don't the facts matter in this case but they matter when you personally may be getting scammed? I like your very selective reasoning. It's definitely a lawyer's trait.
The "fact" that she is a "teenager" came out after, not before. Nobody was factually privy to her being a teenager due to her having a job prior to being arrested, jailed, and then removed. It wasn't until after all that that the "fact" of her age became an issue.

Now, please explain your inane claim that I don't go by facts.

Evidence matters at the time it is found out and can not be used for prior factors. Your inability to follow the case is what is causing the issues here.

I like your very selective reasoning. It's definitely a lawyer's trait. Then keep that in mind during our "court sessions", especially when the judge determines that your line of reasoning, putting facts that are later known into earlier time lines, doesn't hold water.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,477,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
When the person involved is black it seems like things jump right into a "the individual is a bad person and at fault for their situation, do not blame us, nothing needs to change unless it involves forcing blacks to be better" mode for some folks. Not everyone, but there are enough around here that do it IMO.

Every situation gets forced into that lens whether it warrants it or not. People immediately seek to defend whomever from any blame. It should all be on the "offender".

But this is not either/or situation to me. The girl lied and has some responsibility. But it shouldn't be so easy for a minor to get freaking DEPORTED. She didn't even have to work at it. I'm sure everyone involved followed procedure, so it's not their "fault", but that does mean that we need to look at the procedure.

Do we really have a system that relies solely on the word of the immigrant? Wouldn't that be an arena where we expect people to lie? Now normally thy'd be lying to stay, but still, it seems unusual that a teenage girl could just say what she wants and no one check up on it, especially one that's not actually a Spanish speaking Columbian.
I do really agree with you on this. The girl after all sure did lie, leaving me to believe she knew what she was doing all along.

However like you, it should not be that friggin easy for someone to have gotten deported, just like that. As you, something needs to be looked at within this case. In this case, the system was flawed.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Do we really have a system that relies solely on the word of the immigrant? Wouldn't that be an arena where we expect people to lie? Now normally thy'd be lying to stay, but still, it seems unusual that a teenage girl could just say what she wants and no one check up on it, especially one that's not actually a Spanish speaking Columbian.
To answer the questions in order: Not really, there are checks in it. These checks were used and there was nothing to disprove her claims. It's not really an area where we expect people to lie to leave, only to lie to remain here. She does speak Spanish as admitted by her mother, she simply wasn't "fluent" in it.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's like a ruse - a show trial -giving the public the impression that there is law and order - YET millions of illegals are not bothered - It reminds me of sending a rich executive to jail for fraud...in the hope of making people believe that there is justice for all - rich and poor - meanwhile you jail one white collar crimminal and another 10 thousand go free...I believe that the deportion of this kid was similar to the jailing and holding of Omar Khdar...it's all about political show - apparently it back fire d this time.
Exactly!

The media out-and-out lied trying to make it seem something it wasn't. They reported she didn't know a single word of Spanish which is very dramatic and also everyone knows a word of Spanish. They tried to make it seem that the girl was deported begging and screaming that she was a US citizen. Later it's revealed that she did in fact speak Spanish.

They didn't report much on the fact that she was dancing in a club in Houston at only 14 years old, nothing outrageous about a 14 year old mistaken for a 21 year old when it comes to stripping apparently, no problem with the club owners making a mistake.

No wonder the poor thing ran away - it seems she actually had a better life in Colombia. A 14 year old exotic dancer isn't exactly living sheltered and protected -- yet that was her life in the USA. In Colombia she had a better classier job in a call center - obviously she had to be fluent enough.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,115,681 times
Quote:
The "fact" that she is a "teenager" came out after, not before. Nobody was factually privy to her being a teenager due to her having a job prior to being arrested, jailed, and then removed. It wasn't until after all that that the "fact" of her age became an issue.

Now, please explain your inane claim that I don't go by facts.

Evidence matters at the time it is found out and can not be used for prior factors. Your inability to follow the case is what is causing the issues here.

I like your very selective reasoning. It's definitely a lawyer's trait. Then keep that in mind during our "court sessions", especially when the judge determines that your line of reasoning, putting facts that are later known into earlier time lines, doesn't hold water.
Clearly they weren't privy to it because they didn't bother to verify her identity to begin with. That's been the issue of contention this entire thread. Where have you been? We are still talking about incompetence and your defense of that incompetence.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Clearly they weren't privy to it because they didn't bother to verify her identity to begin with. That's been the issue of contention this entire thread. Where have you been? We are still talking about incompetence and your defense of that incompetence.
I guess you missed the "fact" that she had her fingerprints taken and her photo sent out and checked against the PD, FBI, and ICE networks. I guess you missed the "fact" that she had ID on her, she claimed to be that person to which her ID stated she was, and she did that for the 6 weeks she was in jail, and through 2 court hearings.

Now, please tell everyone here what more was the PD and ICE supposed to do to "verify" who she was? Sorry, but the US Government doesn't have a "file" on every person in the US with fingerprints and photo ID, that would be Communistic, it's against the US Constitution and the right to privacy. The "contention" is manufactured from inept comprehension and some make believe ability that you think the PD and ICE could have done more beyond what they did to somehow prove she was lying about who she was or her age.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-11-2012 at 08:52 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM

373 posts, read 712,381 times
Quote:
I guess you missed the "fact" that she had her fingerprints taken and her photo sent out and checked against the PD, FBI, and ICE networks. I guess you missed the "fact" that she had ID on her, she claimed to be that person to which her ID stated she was, and she did that for the 6 weeks she was in jail, and through 2 court hearings.

Now, please tell everyone here what more was the PD and ICE supposed to do to "verify" who she was? Sorry, but the US Government doesn't have a "file" on every person in the US with fingerprints and photo ID, that would be Communistic, it's against the US Constitution and the right to privacy. The "contention" is manufactured from inept comprehension and some make believe ability that you think the PD and ICE could have done more beyond what they did to somehow prove she was lying about who she was or her age.
Part of your answer is not correct. Our governmant does have a "file" on ALL of u s legal citizen taxpayers..You better believe it. That is one of the reasons we who are for legal immigration only complain . They arent even trying to document the illegals but they have plenty of time to document us... Its not fair.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Part of your answer is not correct. Our governmant does have a "file" on ALL of u s legal citizen taxpayers..You better believe it. That is one of the reasons we who are for legal immigration only complain . They arent even trying to document the illegals but they have plenty of time to document us... Its not fair.
They do??? Does it hold our picture, fingerprints, lock of hair? You may be confusing multiple agency records such as state of birth, State ID, IRS, SS, but they all only have a name with a number while the State ID has a picture with a name but no way to verify fingerprints. Unless you are a known felon or have been incarcerated once, you probably don't have fingerprints or photos in "the system".

Please explain this "file" they have.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,856,391 times
Quote:
...Unless you are a known felon or have been incarcerated once, you probably don't have fingerprints or photos in "the system"....
Or a servicemember within the last ten years...

Or a legal immigrant (sometimes even younger than age 14) within the last 20 years...

Or detained as an illegal alien or around a Port of Entry (also possibly younger than age 14) within the last 30 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration