Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's not hard to be a great shopper when you're not paying for the products.

And woah, who said that I picked her out as an illegal immigrant? There you go again, playing the defensive and trying to put words into OUR mouths.

Damn, you're really mad. I knew that she was an immigrant (doesn't take rocket science when you are from where I am) and I asked her if WIC was available in Mexico. The point was that the other person mentioned why they don't ask for help from their country and I stated that from a person from Mexico's own mouth, that they can't get help like they do here. Which of course is pretty pathetic and only proves that they can't depend on their own countries for help, yet, get to come here LEGALLY or ILLEGALLY and receive help (at the GREAT expense of others) somehow.

If you can't take the heat ... get out of the kitchen IBMM.

Why keep quoting me with silly replies?
Yes -- what's really pathetic is that our legal immigration laws are so lax that it's very possible these food stamp queens are legal immigrants, not all the welfare types are here illegally.

As much as SOME here will try to claim it's very difficult to come here legally which is why so many millions are breaking the laws, the laws are actually very lenient especially when it comes to family sponsors who bring in the most uneducated, unskilled and the financial responsibility for their immigrant amounts to a joke in many many cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
YOu mistake my anger, I look on it a little more humorously...
What's humerous about foreingers especially those here illegally getting all kinds of government assistance that comes out of the taxpayer's coffers?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Cool story...
I await your apology for the accusation that I am a bigot for using the name Pedro in a prior post. That would be nice.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
The government should start by seizing any monies sent by criminal immigrants to another country. That would go a ways towards paying for the costs associated with illegal immigration, as well as eliminate a powerful incentive for this criminal act.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully View Post
According to the U.S constitution these children are American citizens. Why do people hate innocent immigrant children so much?
I don't hate anchor babies; who, for the record, are not classified as "immigrant" children. What I do hate is the inherent lawlessness of illegal immigration, and the unnecessary burden placed on taxpayers.

Tell me, would you support offering the children of thieves a tax-funded $50,000 money market account, payable to the thieves "on behalf of" their children? I certainly wouldn't. Nor do I support offering tax-funded benefits to the children of illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully View Post
I agree we all have our opinions but the same people who say that they don;t mind anchor babies are the ones foaming at the mouth whenever the issue of the DREAM act or these people getting in state college tuition comes up. Explain? What American would deny another Americans right to go to college? If anything making these kids go to college and get higher paying jobs is better than letting them starve to death
Okay, now that you've been enlightened on the recipients of the "DREAM Act," do you believe U.S. taxpayers should be forced to subsidize their education? If so, please explain.

In addition, given the high dropout rate of children of illegal aliens, both U.S. and foreign-born, do you actually believe illegal aliens are a positive addition to this nation?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's not hard to be a great shopper when you're not paying for the products.

And woah, who said that I picked her out as an illegal immigrant? There you go again, playing the defensive and trying to put words into OUR mouths.

Damn, you're really mad. I knew that she was an immigrant (doesn't take rocket science when you are from where I am) and I asked her if WIC was available in Mexico. The point was that the other person mentioned why they don't ask for help from their country and I stated that from a person from Mexico's own mouth, that they can't get help like they do here. Which of course is pretty pathetic and only proves that they can't depend on their own countries for help, yet, get to come here LEGALLY or ILLEGALLY and receive help (at the GREAT expense of others) somehow.

If you can't take the heat ... get out of the kitchen IBMM.

Why keep quoting me with silly replies?
What they do have is a program like food stamps that is a stipend. But, if you don't work that wouldn't be an option like it is here.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:54 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,919,684 times
I saw one in Squal*Mart the other day...four other kids all under six and she was pregnant with another one. Legal or Illagal it was still annoying to see someone having that many kids (and most likely on food stamps) when our population is topping 7 billion.

It was all I could do not to go grab a packet of condoms and toss them in her cart.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I saw one in Squal*Mart the other day...four other kids all under six and she was pregnant with another one. Legal or Illagal it was still annoying to see someone having that many kids (and most likely on food stamps) when our population is topping 7 billion.

It was all I could do not to go grab a packet of condoms and toss them in her cart.
I assume you mean the world's population is around 7 billion? Not even sure of that number but the U.S. population is 310 million plus right now. It is irritating to see pregnant women like that whether they be a citizen, legal immigrant or illegal alien. It is even more irritating however if they are here in our country illegally and breeding like no tomorrow and living on the government dole.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post

And YOu knew that they were (other than the one in the womb) that they were all her kids?...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,919,684 times
It was a safe assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration