Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It can actually be argued hispanics have more in common with whites than blacks.
I have never heard or saw any hispanics who tried to emulate blacks, be it positive or negative.

Where were all the hispanics when there marches for Civil rights act?
Well to be fair, most of them were still in their own countries back in those days.

But -- check out the conditions of black people in those countries, no, they weren't working for civil rights for them.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,893,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah I think the Black Leftist posters on here aren't representative at all. In Maryland we started a petition to overturn a law that would give illegals in state tuition. Black talk radio was abuzz in denouncing the law and I know many Blacks signed the petition to get the law put on the ballot. Should be voted down in November.

I think the Black Leftist posters secretly agree but don't want to appear to be agreeing with their nemesis, white conservative posters, that's most important to them.
Many blacks like Cornel West and Tavis Smiley talk about Obama's policies all the time and how It hasn't helped the black community. For some reason,no matter what he does, a large number of blacks will still support him,even if it means that's his policies are harmful to them.

Black unemployment and poverty are high,but hey, at least the president is black.(their way of thinking)
Idiots.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Which is why I don't understand when the Left became so enamored with illegals and mass immigration in general. Historically the Left has been pretty negative towards immigration since it threatens one of their core constituencies, unions.
Actually there was a time when liberals like Walter Mondale, Ralph Abernathy, and Cesar Chavez saw out-of-control illegal immigration as a more negative thing than obviously do the liberals of today. They even marched together to the border demanding that something be done about illegal immigration. And yes -- it was exactly because they knew that massive illegal immigration is all about cheaper labor.

Now what's funny is that the liberals have become like the Pelosi family which amassed great wealth by bringing in the cheapest labor possible, the big growers that crushed the UFW union and it's attempt to bring wages up for agricultural workers. The liberals have changed sides.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,222,445 times
this is going to back fire on him, as it should!
how many people have come here to become an American by going through the long process??
this slaps everyone of them not just blacks!
Obama, however has done nothing for blacks at all, except thinking they will support him any way
and sadly, this is true for a lot of them
unemployment for blacks is higher now since he took office, but it is higher for all
he is a hack, pure and simple
and I say they folks are waking up, including a lot of black folks

Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,628,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I think it's a slap in the face for you to assume that drugs and prisons are the main concern for most Blacks.

Stereotype much? Let me guess, some of your best friends are Black??
let us be objective friend. im glad u r doing well. moving on up is what 1/3 of the community has done. good. so far so good. but lets talk about the child left behind.
82% of AA males have high school diploma, 30% of them are in prison at some point in life.
a contradiction of the correlation between illiteracy and crime unless someone was giving diplomas for seat warming 4 years in high school. do u think?.
but with 30% prison figure, is it a wild accusation that there are some concerns about crime & violence among our young men?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,588,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.
Malamute, I understand the frustration read between the lines of your post, but I caution you to recall that in his position, it is President Obama's job not to grant special privilege to any group, but to open doors of opportunity for aspiring persons to walk through. The people you refer to have had opportunities throughout their lives that they have not pursued. No one in this country is handed a job. I am sorry to have to tell you this, but if the youths you refer to are not working, it is because they are not willing to do what it takes to get the work. Having been unemployed for months, now, I fully understand how difficult it is, but that is part of living in a competitive, capitalist society.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Malamute, I understand the frustration read between the lines of your post, but I caution you to recall that in his position, it is President Obama's job not to grant special privilege to any group, but to open doors of opportunity for aspiring persons to walk through. The people you refer to have had opportunities throughout their lives that they have not pursued. No one in this country is handed a job. I am sorry to have to tell you this, but if the youths you refer to are not working, it is because they are not willing to do what it takes to get the work. Having been unemployed for months, now, I fully understand how difficult it is, but that is part of living in a competitive, capitalist society.
Excuse me but the president is paid by the American people, his duty is to the American people. He is putting the demands of a foreign people that is here illegally ahead of the needs of the American people.

How can he possibly explain a very large new work visa program for foreign citizens when millions of Americans are unemployed? Again, he is the president of the USA, of the people of the USA -- he is not a world president.

Your contempt for the American people is too glaring. Your contempt for American youth is obvious -- but not all American kids are getting jobs they want. And these illegals with their new work visas are also going to be taking the jobs that older Americans want, this isn't just to screw-over the American 18-30 year old group, these illegals will also take jobs that 50-60 year olds desperately need.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,596,994 times
Reagan awarded 3 million Mexicans Amnesty during the 1980s. Letting 800,000 College students to stay in the US who are illegal and were brought here by their parents through no fault of their own is the right thing to do.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:27 AM

The American people, especially the unemployed Americans need jobs. Sure the illegals desire to come here, get easy money here, and stay here -- but since when do the desires of foreign citizens who desire to be here trump the needs of the American people?

It's not as though unemployed Americans can go to these peoples' countries and take their jobs there. Yet they are allowed to come here in unlimited numbers and take our jobs.

And Obama didn't just hand them 800,000 student visas, he handed them WORK visas. That means they want jobs, not college.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,031,908 times
I think it's political pandering at it's finest and it doesn't make an ounce of sense other than rallying up voter support. There's just so many questions left unanswered on this move of his. Oddly enough it seems as if this shuts out anyone over the age of 30 who would otherwise fit the criteria. I mean, what about them? Are they any less "American" simply due to a year's difference? Where exactly was he going with this speech? Sometimes it's the things that he doesn't say that speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration