Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,309,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
All I keep hearing from the left is "Well, Congress wasn't going to get it done, so he HAD to do it".

What part of "checks and balances" don't they get?
How angry were you about the "signing statements" under the last administration?

I'd take a guess, but I would rather let you answer although I already know what your answer is if you're honest. (hint: you didn't care)

Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,309,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I do find it real sad so many of our "Black" posters here on CDF don't care about other Blacks who can't find work cause of the millions of illegal aliens in the US.

I have a huge problem with illegal aliens too and I ain't Black.
That might be because you're in a dead end job with no prospects, and so you're lashing out.

Amazing how you want blacks to "band together" to support fellow blacks when the issue is something YOU approve of, but if we band together for any other reasons (like the Trayvon Martin incident), then the blacks are bad people who should shut up and go home. We can only come together with your approval!

This is the typical hubris of conservative whites. But again, whites have brought the Hispanic hordes into this country by invitation, and benefit the most from the cheap labor. I don't know of any blacks that have brought in these illegals.

So as far as I'm concerned, its the responsibility of whites to fix the problem. Leave us out of it. I want no part of your sudden xenophobia. I've got nothing against these people. You do, so take care of it.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 AM

38,653 posts, read 26,463,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So how many other people are going to post something about this executive order trying to get black people to further our dislike or Latinos?

Very strange that blacks are the only people who many of you think will be affected by this. And you all say we are divisive....

True enough.

Lots of poor whites are going to get screwed too.

I also feel bad for the poor souls in foreign nations who are following the rules as they attempt to immigrate legally to the US.

Giving preferential treatment to those who effectively stole their place in line is wrong on an epic scale.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,949,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That might be because you're in a dead end job with no prospects, and so you're lashing out.

Amazing how you want blacks to "band together" to support fellow blacks when the issue is something YOU approve of, but if we band together for any other reasons (like the Trayvon Martin incident), then the blacks are bad people who should shut up and go home. We can only come together with your approval!

This is the typical hubris of conservative whites. But again, whites have brought the Hispanic hordes into this country by invitation, and benefit the most from the cheap labor. I don't know of any blacks that have brought in these illegals.

So as far as I'm concerned, its the responsibility of whites to fix the problem. Leave us out of it. I want no part of your sudden xenophobia. I've got nothing against these people. You do, so take care of it.
wait for whites to "fix the problem", and see where it gets you.

if you don't understand the consequences of having too many workers with too few jobs and too low wages, i don't know what to tell you. You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the results of having ignored reality.

you can watch the social programs disappear, and say "the whites should have done something" afterwards-but that is not a plan.

there is a president in office who has the power to get things done, but chooses not to-don't you even wonder about that?

on a side note, what is up with criticizing people who have any jobs in this pathetic economy? at least some people are out there trying to contribute!

Old 06-17-2012, 05:30 AM

37,822 posts, read 41,139,484 times
Unemployed: 18 - 19 years old 23.5%
Unemployed: 20 - 24 years old 12.9%

Unemployed 25 years and older with less than a high school diploma: 13%
Unemployed 25 years and older with high school diploma, no college: 8.1%

Old enough to vote. ^

Or this group:

Black unemployed 16 - 19 years old: 36.5%
Black 16 years and older: 13.6%

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2012 data released in June)

Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,783,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes -- they are being given legal status and from there all they have to is apply for US citizenship. Not that US citizenship will gain them much more than they're already being given but they can get it if they want it.
Well then, in my opinion, with so many being fed up with Obama, this is a strategy to garner more votes. That's the only reason for this being implemented now.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:25 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,692,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How angry were you about the "signing statements" under the last administration?

I'd take a guess, but I would rather let you answer although I already know what your answer is if you're honest. (hint: you didn't care)
I didn't care because I knew nothing about Politics. I couldn't name the vice president. I was one of those people Jay Leno interviews in the streets and shows a picture of a Politician and one a celebrity and the person only can name you the celebrity, never the politician or historical figure.

After waking up and reading about what Bush did, I don't know how he was able to get away with things he did...Just as I don't know how this administration is able to do the same.

We have immigration laws and the job of the President is to uphold them. The President MUST uphold our laws. Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution states so.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,470,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law. All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.
The author IMHO is part of the problem he does not see a problem with legalization of illegals and competing for jobs. He is simply miffed Obama hasn't bothered to pander to Blacks. Well that's because Obama could be everything and anything short of the son of Satan and he'd still get 95% of the Black vote. Heck he could be the son of Satan and probably still get a majority of Black votes.

When a community votes so overwhelmingly every year for one party expect to be ignored by both parties.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
I have to agree with the original poster. Low income and working class black people will be the most impacted, because illegal immigrants will now be able to compete directly with them for low wage positions in the service industry. Low income whites will also be impacted, but again, I believe low blacks will mostly suffer.
Once again these kids have to have at the very least a high school diploma, they will be coming for middle class jobs as well. I think people are missing this very important point especially some of the smug black liberal posters on here.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Is it more screwy that people are saying things like this or that someone actually believes this nonsense…
Excuse me?

Some jerk interrupts the president it's automatically denounced as racist and you think it's unreasonable to believe that folks believe that any criticism of Obama will be denounced as racist by those on the Left?

MSNBC, Politico suggest racism behind reporter's questioning of Obama - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Associated Press, 1987: 'Why Do Grown Men And Women Shout At President Reagan?' | NewsBusters.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration