Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 AM

387 posts, read 591,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think anyone but Obama is running scared. Yes the illegals are gleefully dancing in the streets but they're not the brightest bulbs -- they haven't figured out yet that there aren't 800,000 nice good paying jobs waiting for them.

Can we at least deport the ones who can't find a job within a couple of weeks?

And this has taken the wind out of the illegals and their movement. Now they can shut up -- they got their big amnesty, no one has to promise them anything more. However it seems like it was a desperate move by Obama, there is no American who is dumb enough not to realize it was a selling out of American unemployed just to try to pick up some votes. Everyone knows it was about votes -- and as far as the votes of the illegal, Obama already had their votes.

There are plenty of jobs available but some people don't have the right skills If you are college educated national unemployment rate is only 5% much lower in IT industry in some firm people have to be got from abroad as not many Americans are available to apply for the jobs available
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 PM

387 posts, read 591,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ok, then why don't they train Americans and legal immigrants to do those jobs? Advertise them and say "willing to train" then. Bet they'd be flooded with applicants.

I found this sentence in the article. I wonder why they felt the need to bring this up when the jobs they are talking about were highly paid skilled jobs? What does crop picking have to do with the artilce? From the article: "Tighter immigration enforcement has squeezed the nation's agricultural sector as farmers from Washington state to Georgia scramble to find enough field hands". Maybe they should try using the unlimited H-2A visas for legal agricultural workers.
You can't train someone to be computer programmer or network engineer It takes 4 years to go to college for that and at least a year experience to do the job efficiently

Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ok, then why don't they train Americans and legal immigrants to do those jobs? Advertise them and say "willing to train" then. Bet they'd be flooded with applicants.

I found this sentence in the article. I wonder why they felt the need to bring this up when the jobs they are talking about were highly paid skilled jobs? What does crop picking have to do with the artilce? From the article: "Tighter immigration enforcement has squeezed the nation's agricultural sector as farmers from Washington state to Georgia scramble to find enough field hands". Maybe they should try using the unlimited H-2A visas for legal agricultural workers.
That's something you'd have to ask the companies; perhaps they don't want to use more money on training people? I myself had trouble finding a job for over a year despite holding a bachelor's degree. The problem was that many jobs asked for 3 years of experience, which isn't fair for newly graduated people.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
That's something you'd have to ask the companies; perhaps they don't want to use more money on training people? I myself had trouble finding a job for over a year despite holding a bachelor's degree. The problem was that many jobs asked for 3 years of experience, which isn't fair for newly graduated people.
Just saying that it doesn't make much sense for them to complain that they can't find qualified workers and while a lot of positions go unfilled, if they aren't willing to train workers to meet their needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration