Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 PM

49 posts, read 72,627 times

Advertisements

I am at a loss for words at this point. Family, friends, and my job have kept me in California, but even those are starting to seem insufficient for keeping me here any longer. I just don't see this state as having much of a future.

Any suggestions for where I can move to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeMts View Post
I am at a loss for words at this point. Family, friends, and my job have kept me in California, but even those are starting to seem insufficient for keeping me here any longer. I just don't see this state as having much of a future.

Any suggestions for where I can move to?
One of the states that is trying to get federal immigration laws enforced. California politicians don't give a damn about Americans and view Americans as nothing but taxpayers to gouge to pay for the illegals whose votes they can count on.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,802,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i feel sorry for the normal people left in california. they all seem to be leaving in droves so that there's nothing left but illegal aliens, loons, and incompetent politicians.
I wonder how the hollywood elite would react when the bodegas start popping up in the neighborhood. I wonder if all the bleeding hearts who support Obama will stay or will they take the position "not in my backyard" and leave Mexifornia. And who is going to buy their McMansions - the cartels???

Old 07-12-2012, 02:18 PM

50,610 posts, read 47,452,196 times
BK is so in the headlights now. This will be the last nail in the coffin. They want their Tijuana North, they can have it.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,733,892 times
Wow..this will be good news to all those drug cartel guys. They'll probably bypass TX and AZ and head straight for CA now since they are a "protected class of non citizen"

Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,956,849 times
the drug cartels are pretty happy now.

they are getting weapons from our own government, territory from our own president, an order for our agents to run and hide or throw things at them, and then, most likely, citizenship and benefits down the road.

they already control the meth trade in california:
Just look at meth production and distribution in the San Joaquin Valley. A large chunk of the “jobs” it created have been lost to Mexico. The loss of American meth, manufacturing, if you will, means the distribution is more and more under the control of the Mexican drug cartels that make the Hells Angels look like Boy Scouts in comparison.

i don't think it is an accident that all this is happening with this new push to legalize marijuana in california. that is the last thing california needs to do with the cartels out of control. i may personally favor legalization, but NOT when the cartels are calling the shots in the state.

again, i have been to california and it is such a shame for such a beautiful state to be losing citizens due to inept leadership in the state, and no respect for the working citizens of california.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:41 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,469,757 times
This is just terrible. The thing that makes this even worse is I feel like no matter how out of control this is going to get it just won't come to an end. I feel so bad for the citizens in California who have to deal with this.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,956,849 times
in yet more stupidity and disregard for american citizens, we have this news:

Obama Admin. Closing 9 Border Patrol Stations Across 4 States

....The stations to be shut down in roughly six months are located in the following cities:

Abilene, Texas
San Angelo, Texas
Riverside, Calif.
Dallas, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Lubbock, Texas
Amarillo, Texas
Twin Falls, Idaho
Billings, Montana

that just means more people will have a free pass to march to california to start getting their freebies.

what a mess this administration has created/expanded.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:05 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,263,859 times
Better the People's Republic of California than in the United States.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,307,719 times
Default Let's deal with the facts please

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
in yet more stupidity and disregard for american citizens, we have this news:

Obama Admin. Closing 9 Border Patrol Stations Across 4 States

....The stations to be shut down in roughly six months are located in the following cities:

Abilene, Texas
San Angelo, Texas
Riverside, Calif.
Dallas, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Lubbock, Texas
Amarillo, Texas
Twin Falls, Idaho
Billings, Montana

that just means more people will have a free pass to march to california to start getting their freebies.

what a mess this administration has created/expanded.
If you read WHY the government is doing this, it is going to save a money, and the agents are going to be transferred to stations closer to the border. I guess someone figured out that having more agents at the place where illegal CROSS makes more sense than keeping open border patrol stations open that, in some instances, are hundreds of MILES away from the border. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'm no fan of the Dream Act or the recent government program to give kids brought here who went to school (illegally on our dime) or who go into military service, will get work permits, college assistance, etc., but this idea to get more agents at the border sounds like a good one to me.

This administration has deported more illegals than the administration before it by a wide margin, but let's not complicate the discussion with too many facts.

I think, based on the facts, that Obama's record on illegals is "mixed", but apparently you have a different view based on...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration