Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 PM

140 posts, read 112,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
So, including legal and illegal Hispanics, they are far fewer in number than Black Males, perhaps your alls anger is misplaced?
Here's the difference; the blacks have every right to be here. Besides, I can't remember ever seeing a black person waving an African flag in my face telling me to get out of his country.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM

377 posts, read 685,437 times
[quote=macmeal;1847525]GOOD QUESTION, GHOST !! If I were in this situation, here's what I'd do---(can't speak for others, only for myself)

I'd quietly sneak across the border----I'd keep my ears open, but my mouth shut----I'd be thankful to be there, and I'd go to great lengths not to annoy the locals, even if they were dumb and naive. I'd figure, "why rock the boat?", and I'd be so happy to be there that I'd start asking around as to how I might legally stay. To help in this, I'd make great effort to learn the local language. This is GREAT, I'd think...these people may not know how to cook what I like, or how to party, but boy do they have the jobs!

I'd go out of my way to try to figure out what these people had that was missing from "back home"....surely, they are only human, I'd reason; therefore, their prosperity must be a result of their system. I'd want to emulate and adopt that system as my own, so that I too could prosper.
One thing I certainly WOULDN'T do is get into public "spectacles"--the last thing I want, I'd figure, is to bring attention to myself in a negative way. I'd know that to show belligerance and disrespect for the locals (who might not all LOVE me, but surely were at least TOLERATING my presence) would threaten to "wear out my welcome", and I SURE wouldn't want THAT to happen. I'd ask myself, "what, if anything, can I do to ingratiate myself into this generous society so that they come to appreciate me?" I'd be especially careful to instruct my teenage children on how to behave.

That's what I'd do......

This was un excellent piece you wrote Macmeal. I may just copy it to other Forums that is if you don’t mind….

Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
[quote=Swordfish;1872705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This was un excellent piece you wrote Macmeal. I may just copy it to other Forums that is if you don’t mind….
By all means, feel free--but cut me in on any book deals....

Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 PM

377 posts, read 685,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Hypothetical Questions are childs play, no one is going to come up with any solutions to the problems that face our country today by asking hypothetical questions. What we need is solutions to the problems of illegals in our country.....not a bunch of "What If's, or What would you Do's.
Choctaw, there is a thread I posted on immigration titled; A Solution For This Illegal Immigration Menace. Please check it out.. This may be a good start on how to solve this illegal immigration question...

Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 AM

185 posts, read 355,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I have to tell you that I have significant doubt about the authenticity of the linked website. This site looks like a "set up" to me, and not a genuine expression of concern. Why do you believe this to be legitimate?

Since I see nothing overtly offensive, I won't delete it, but on the surface I have to tell you I lean towards stating it is phony.
It was something I caught on a cable news show and followed through by doing a search on the internet.

I agree it looks shady but I believe it was Lou Dobbs that had a segment on the same exact subject where they brought their cameras into Mexico and showed little towns that are devestated by the loss of all the men.

Many come to the U.S. temporarily and never return. It's a real problem!

How will Mexico ever fix their problems when all the young and able people are fleeing by the millions? Can you imagine the power 30,000,000 Mexican's would have if they went back home to their families and protested for their rights in Mexico!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:43 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,261,175 times
Cribster, I think a story from a legit source (not a blog or advocacy site) would be a great new thread for the board. I think the impact of illegal immigrants leaving their homes and families in Mexico, and the life/impact of those left behind, would be pretty interesting.

I just don't think your link is a legit starting point, we pretty much agree that it doesn't look "sincere."

Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 AM

864 posts, read 1,345,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you are a poor, uneducated person in a country with almost no social programs. a neighboring country pays the equivalent of $50/hr for menial tasks. legally entering the country costs more money than you have (or have access to). do you continue to live in poverty, or attempt to find work?
I'd say "HEY! Everyone else is in poverty too! Wow, our government sucks! Let's rise up and overthrow them!" MOD CUT

Only here's the thing: Mexicans LIKE Mexico. It's not like illegal Mexicans come to the US because they hate Mexico. This is clear since they have protests flying the Mexican flag and screaming in Spanish. They come to the US solely to send money............ RIGHT BACK TO MEXICO! They don't come here to become citizens or to integrate into society at all. This is evidenced by their demands that they be allowed to apply for everything in Spanish and speak Spanish everywhere instead of learning English.

Nothing you say, Ghost, will ever change the fact that illegal is illegal is illegal. Break the law, pay the consequences. Everyone knows that if a US citizen breaks the law and is caught we're punished. But an illegal just gets his free public defender who translates for him and the judge let's him go with a tiny fine, even when it's something serious like reckless driving while driving without a license or insurance. Anyone else would get points, fines, maybe even jail time, but an illegal goes home to do it again. And as much as the Mexican government approves of their poor people coming to the US illegally, if Americans went over to Mexico and openly demanded their rights as an illegal alien, we'd be jailed and/or deported. Mexico only wants Americans in the country when we're spending American dollars. That's why if for some unhappy chance I'm ever in Mexico, I'll be paying with Pesos. HAH.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-31-2007 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: english only please, per the TOS - we found out some offensive foreign terms have been used, and not correctly translated

Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 AM

185 posts, read 355,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Cribster, I think a story from a legit source (not a blog or advocacy site) would be a great new thread for the board. I think the impact of illegal immigrants leaving their homes and families in Mexico, and the life/impact of those left behind, would be pretty interesting.

I just don't think your link is a legit starting point, we pretty much agree that it doesn't look "sincere."

Here's some more;

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID={672498DE-A139-426D-A156-92FC7CAAEC7B}

Mexican wives plea for husbands to return to Mexico

Again, it's a real problem and you will never hear a word about it in the MSM.

How will Mexico fix it's problems when millions are taking the easy route by fleeing instead of confronting the issues in Mexico? They sure have no problem protesting loudly for rights they don't deserve in America.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 AM

864 posts, read 1,345,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Here's some more;

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID={672498DE-A139-426D-A156-92FC7CAAEC7B}

Mexican wives plea for husbands to return to Mexico

Again, it's a real problem and you will never hear a word about it in the MSM.

How will Mexico fix it's problems when millions are taking the easy route by fleeing instead of confronting the issues in Mexico? They sure have no problem protesting loudly for rights they don't deserve in America.
Unfortunately, I have a feeling Mexico's problems are being solved by their poor coming to the US. The rich are the Mexican government and they don't care about their poor. They can always import illegal Guatemalans, as they are already doing, to do the manual labor.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogal View Post
I'd go for it. What kind of life do you have anyway? You might as well be dead because for all intents and purposes you existence doesn't matter if you are so poor. So...AK 47 or not...I'd go.
You need to really think about that !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration