Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,637,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Where do you think the indians came from? They didn't sprout up out of the ground like corn. They migrated across the Bering Strait. Comparing life and the rules back then to our modern times is a bit of a stretch. Glad you agree that the past is irrelevant today. So why did you start this conversation?
I started this conversation because the caucasian european came
over to this country for the same reasons that the current Latino
immigrant are coming over here...Economic Oppression...
Religious Oppression.....Political Oppression....

Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Another interesting point ArizonaBear. You bring good thoughts to this post. However, many would say the Euros (Spaniards) were barbaric too. Raping women, killing the men. The Catholic priests who forced indians into changing religions or face death. They didn't need to do dirty work by ripping hearts out...the swords and bullets did a cleaner job.
Hence my comment about the Euros being bigger and badder 'Indians' 500 years ago.

And the sad irony is those victimized by the Spaniards embraced the latter's culture.

Although; in just the last 70 years, there was the Rape of Nanking, the Khmer Rouge as well as the Rwandan massacre---------all crimes committed by 'people of color' against their own kind. So, mass atrocities were not just a 'White' thing.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:17 PM

Default Native American Did Havev LAWS....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanwer View Post
You're downplaying what the Natives went through. They didn't have laws, so it's okay. We have laws so it's not okay?
Where did you get the notion the Indians didn't have LAWS..that's interesting to say the least....

Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And it is indeed high time for the oppressed (mostly 'brown') Latinos to demand their rights from their (mostly) White elite in Mexico, etc.

American Blacks fought for (and won) their Civil Rights here in the USA----------so precedent has been set.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM

277 posts, read 369,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hence my comment about the Euros being bigger and badder 'Indians' 500 years ago.

And the sad irony is those victimized by the Spaniards embraced the latter's culture.

Although; in just the last 70 years, there was the Rape of Nanking, the Khmer Rouge as well as the Rwandan massacre---------all crimes committed by 'people of color' against their own kind. So, mass atrocities were not just a 'White' thing.
I agree. We know that West Africans (tribe leaders and men of power), were the ones who went to the villages to gather their own people to sell to the Europeans. Which proves, there are good and bad in every people, no matter the race or religion.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 PM

Default No ONe Said So......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Yeah no one is saying that it's a white thing..it's universal.....

Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The reasons don't matter unless one does it the legal way. The current influx of Latino immigrants are mostly illegals. They aren't doing it the right way. I know of no clause in our immigration policies that automatically grants visas based on economic oppression.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 PM

277 posts, read 369,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The reasons don't matter unless one does it the legal way. The current influx of Latino immigrants are mostly illegals. They aren't doing it the right way. I know of no clause in our immigration policies that automatically grants visas based on economic oppression.
It doesn't. But in all of American History, the driving force behind all immigration to the US has been economic, followed by freedom from non-democratic countries that oppressed basic freedoms of speech and religion. This is not new or exclusive to today's immigrants, both legal and not.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:21 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,783,913 times
If you want to go back in history, we kicked your butt fair and square on the San Jacinto River, after the last mass invasion.

Back for more, eh?

Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,990,062 times
I think the reason that some people take offense to current illegal immigration as opposed to the illegal immigration of yesteryear, is that today, such a concerted effort is made to embrace the latino culture of the majority of illegal immigrants. And it is, in the process, diluting and making native born Americans compromise the culture that they are accustomed to. If Im not mistaken, no such concerted effort was made to actually embrace and adapt to prior generations of illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration