Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,850,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe in 2006, sure as heck isn't the case now. No one is hiring.
the illegals sure aren't leaving either, i think its American to hire illegals over Americans

Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,672,823 times
well AA covers a lota ground, do you mean tiger woods or snoop dog?
at the lower end of the food chain they werent taking jobs anyway, but they were taking section 8 and HHSA benefits and they are now getting crowded out fast. remember 1 anchor baby equals a houseful of illegals with HHSA benefits and subsidized housing. but white or black this enormous change going down re illegal immigration is met the same way, ants on a burning log.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:29 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,114,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
but dont u agree, that its not the illegals that drive the wages down, its the companys that hire them, to tinman that is absolutley great, what your companys doing, but theirs alot of greedy company owners that do hire illegals.The aquestion is whos exploiting who here, if the illegals are doing the same job as legal citiziens why do they pay them less then?
I agree with you the employers greed is the source of the problem. And I think for the most part they pocket the savings rather lower their cost to the consumer. Employers should pay illegals equal wages.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I agree with you the employers greed is the source of the problem. And I think for the most part they pocket the savings rather lower their cost to the consumer. Employers should pay illegals equal wages.
But that is precisely why they do hire them because they know they can offer them less pay and they will take it. That is what is behind this whole thing. If they had to pay illegals the same as a citizen then why would they even want to hire them? Employers shouldn't be hiring illegals, period.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But that is precisely why they do hire them because they know they can offer them less pay and they will take it. That is what is behind this whole thing. If they had to pay illegals the same as a citizen then why would they even want to hire them? Employers shouldn't be hiring illegals, period.
Very true. But it also should not give the employers the right to exploit them. Greedy employers also exploit legal citizens if they can get away with it. I have heard of illegals working their butts off and not getting payed. Very wrong and inhuman.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,241,343 times
Your absolutely right, high springs gator, but thats something nobody mentions, [hello human trafficking] they make them work and dont pay them w the threat that theyre going to call the authoritys if they complain!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Your absolutely right, high springs gator, but thats something nobody mentions, [hello human trafficking] they make them work and dont pay them w the threat that theyre going to call the authoritys if they complain!
I believe in paying people a living wage. The slave wages they pay the workers at the American owned factories in Mexico is sickening. Its all about big profits for share owners and upper management. The American factories also contribute heavily to pollution due to lax enviromental laws.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Very true. But it also should not give the employers the right to exploit them. Greedy employers also exploit legal citizens if they can get away with it. I have heard of illegals working their butts off and not getting payed. Very wrong and inhuman.
No, it doesn't but when you offer yourself up as a slave undercutting an American worker and disregard the laws of the country you can only expect bad things to happen to you. Believe me I am not justifying the employers behavior either. They are both guilty!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,883 times
I read a while back that Hispanic surnames ending in Z were originally Jewish. While living in Spain though, the Jewish people were forced to become Catholic, and all traces of their Jewish ancestry was erased. Through the centuries, and years of intermarriage, they've come to be considered Spanish.

As to the AA and Hispanic thing, many AAs around here consider they've been pushed out of the job market, and their children short changed in school, by illegal aliens. One man said he felt that after the civil rights movement, AAs were getting on their feet and creating a solid middle class, when along came the illegal aliens, and knocked them down again.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,883 times
<<Why are so many first generation immigrants so wealthy compared to blacks?>>

I'm not so sure the first generation illegal immigrants are, but legal immigrants are often given government assistance. The people commonly known as the Vietnamese Boat People, were given credit cards backed by the government. Others may have been too, I don't know. Many immigrants today who buy a small business, are given a tax free status for the first few years. I believe it's three years, but I'm not sure it's the same in every case. That type of assistance helps a lot, and could be one reason they do so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration