Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Did Bill Clinton remember where he came from? A poor home in Arkansas! What's your correlation dude!
Bill Clinton was America's first black President--Maya Angelou said so, and that's good enough for me. She didn't say, though, whether he remembered where he came from....

Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,732,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; the most affluent group of immigrants here in the USA are Blacks from Nigeria, etc. along with their children.

That startled me.
Really? Is that where all the scammers come from?

Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,259,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, I'm not surprised at all. A number of them are of Royal Lineage in Nigeria, and have fallen out with their wealthy relatives. They seem to call me up twice a week or so, asking for my help in "unlocking" their inheritances---which will only be possible if I give them my SS# and Visa card no. over the phone.

I've had several of these calls just in the past few days. Don't hear much from Sierra Leone, Chad, or Liberia---for some reason, it's always Nigeria....must be a lot of "Royalty" there, I guess....
That's an obvious Nigerian 419 scam.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 PM

377 posts, read 685,797 times
It’s a Capitalistic good ol U.S.A, or may I say a Cannibalistic good ol U.S.A. Lol……

Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,596,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixnil View Post
Miamirob

You are implying that Hispanics work harder than African Americans and that is why they have more wealth which is incorrect check your facts. African Americans lead all minority classes in wealth that includes Asians.

Higley 1000, check it out.

But, this is not about Black and Brown but about what's right for America and the statistics say this is a bad situation unfortunately. But the biggest problem is it's illegal, bottom line, and everybody should have to come into this country the same way.
check the US Census figures, most first generation immigrants are very wealthy compared to AAs.

Asians lead in the wealth category.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,963,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
check the US Census figures, most first generation immigrants are very wealthy compared to AAs.

Asians lead in the wealth category.

I think that Asians earn a higher income than Whites. Asians are the richest minority group yet their numbers in Government positions are very limited. Hispanics have been in the U.S since the beginning of the U.S itself. However, our numbers were very small compared to that of AA's and just recently have the number of Hispanics outnumbered AA's in population. Getting down to it.. AA's have been here for a longer amount of time in greater numbers so they hold more important positions and some are highly educated. Don't worry, Hispanics will be up there in due time. May take a generation or two though.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:09 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,467,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I think that Asians earn a higher income than Whites. Asians are the richest minority group yet their numbers in Government positions are very limited. Hispanics have been in the U.S since the beginning of the U.S itself. However, our numbers were very small compared to that of AA's and just recently have the number of Hispanics outnumbered AA's in population. Getting down to it.. AA's have been here for a longer amount of time in greater numbers so they hold more important positions and some are highly educated. Don't worry, Hispanics will be up there in due time. May take a generation or two though.
Maybe in a generation or two y'all will stop referring to yourself as a "Hispanic" like it's a race.

Cameron DIAZ is NOT the same race (or ethnicity, really) as Jorge the Taqueria attendant.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,963,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Maybe in a generation or two y'all will stop referring to yourself as a "Hispanic" like it's a race.

Cameron DIAZ is NOT the same race (or ethnicity, really) as Jorge the Taqueria attendant.
We are a people (Latinos) who have a very strong culture and is hard for us to try to assimilate to other cultures. And "La Raza" is referring to "The Race". Amerindian and Spanish. I don't think Latin Americans from other countries refer to themselves as La Raza-- It's just a Mexican thing. Who knows.. Jorge in the taqueria and Cameron Diaz could trace their blood lines back to Spain and you could be surprised.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
We are a people (Latinos) who have a very strong culture and is hard for us to try to assimilate to other cultures. And "La Raza" is referring to "The Race". Amerindian and Spanish. I don't think Latin Americans from other countries refer to themselves as La Raza-- It's just a Mexican thing. Who knows.. Jorge in the taqueria and Cameron Diaz could trace their blood lines back to Spain and you could be surprised.
And; most WASP's (English/Irish/Scots/Welsh) can also trace their genetic heritage to Spain as well

Take a look at Donny and Marie Osmond------they can pass for stereotypical Hispanics. Catherine Zeta-Jones as well.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,418,833 times
I suppose,... seeing as Dick Cheney and Barak Obama are related, we must all be. Therefore, we are all one race,.. The Human Race. So let's stop the crying and bigotry. If you're in violation of the law, it was YOU,.. take responsibility and stop the stupidity of blaming someone else for your infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration