Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,598,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm an AA myself and i think illegals further hurt our cause to create a solid working class. AAs would be more than to do the construction jobs but illegals take the jobs at foolish wages so that hurts us.
Alan that maybe somewhat true but I think creating a solid black middle class has to do more with work ethic than anything. Why are so many first generation immigrants so wealthy compared to blacks?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM

1,511 posts, read 982,129 times
there are many aa's who feel the white man is holding them down just as much, if not more, than illegal immigrants. should those viewpoints be considered substantiated?

how do latino citizens feel about illegal immigrants? not nearly as bad, and in fewer numbers.

maybe its a race thing?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,963,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I think if anything is going to unite AAs and white Americans, it's this issue. We've been divided by our perceived differences for too long; this is a threat to all of us regardless of race; it's a threat to the American way of life.

We need to put aside our differences and stand together against this invasion. It doesn't matter to me where the illegals come from...they have no right to be here and they are costing this country billions of dollars.

This is what has happen in the south. I see the lower black and white community have become very angry at the illegals.
I have said before that our factorys have always been run by the black and white men in our cmmunity now they can not get a job there. It is almost like they are being pushed into the shadows!!

As for Jesse Jackson,well I have never seen a big fan club around here for him, have been told by some blacks that Mr. Jackson is no longer black he is now green!! that most white people in the south are more blck than him!!!(to much money can make you forget where you came from)so when he is on tv. talking about blacks wanting illegals here,he is not talking about the south!!
That is clearly an opinion. Has George Lopez forgot where he's come from? From the Barrio!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,176 times
Sometimes it's not the illegals but the bastard superintendent that got people to work at Dupont in Seaford delaware for $12.00 an hour. Daniels from the start were willing to pay $14.00 an hour to compete with the Unions, but the superintendent said he could get them for $12.00 an hour. He basically screwed everyone on the job out of $80.00 a week. This project at Seaford Dupont Plant started in Spring of 1984. Alfred Branham, Jimmy Wilkerson, Tom Abbott, Alan Dunn, Roland Chaffinch, Dallas, bucnh of dope smoking drunks.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

635 posts, read 1,749,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Has George Lopez forgot where he's come from? From the Barrio!
Did Bill Clinton remember where he came from? A poor home in Arkansas! What's your correlation dude!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM

17 posts, read 46,064 times
Question Get your facts straight

Miamirob

You are implying that Hispanics work harder than African Americans and that is why they have more wealth which is incorrect check your facts. African Americans lead all minority classes in wealth that includes Asians.

Higley 1000, check it out.

But, this is not about Black and Brown but about what's right for America and the statistics say this is a bad situation unfortunately. But the biggest problem is it's illegal, bottom line, and everybody should have to come into this country the same way.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,734,030 times
Personally I think I see more violence between AA and Latinos than anything else. I personally know Latinos that do NOT like AA. I think it stems from the Mexican Culture that is biased towads darker skin.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,734,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixnil View Post
Miamirob

You are implying that Hispanics work harder than African Americans and that is why they have more wealth which is incorrect check your facts. African Americans lead all minority classes in wealth that includes Asians.

Higley 1000, check it out.

But, this is not about Black and Brown but about what's right for America and the statistics say this is a bad situation unfortunately. But the biggest problem is it's illegal, bottom line, and everybody should have to come into this country the same way.

Seems like in some areas like the Bay Area where Asians are very weathy. When I say Asians I mean Indians, Chinese, Tiawanese, Japapnese, Korean..etc.. I'm sure in other places Blacks do very well like Atlanta, GA

Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,221,020 times
Actually; the most affluent group of immigrants here in the USA are Blacks from Nigeria, etc. along with their children.

That startled me.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,586,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; the most affluent group of immigrants here in the USA are Blacks from Nigeria, etc. along with their children.

That startled me.
Well, I'm not surprised at all. A number of them are of Royal Lineage in Nigeria, and have fallen out with their wealthy relatives. They seem to call me up twice a week or so, asking for my help in "unlocking" their inheritances---which will only be possible if I give them my SS# and Visa card no. over the phone.

I've had several of these calls just in the past few days. Don't hear much from Sierra Leone, Chad, or Liberia---for some reason, it's always Nigeria....must be a lot of "Royalty" there, I guess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.