Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If by "whole group" you ar referring to everyone who is here illegally, then they SHOULD be held to the standards of our law, every last one of them. At some point, you are going to have to let it sink in that these people have no business being here.
they have no business being here unless they pay a few thousand and wait a few years. if they cant do that, they can just rot and die in mexico, right?

sorry if i appreciate my fortune of simply being born a few miles north of the border. im not selfish. ill gladly help the unfortunate. i support social programs. and if people are desperate enough to cross illegally (due to OUR lack of a fair immigration process), then i support reaching out to them.

SO MANY of our illegal immigration problems could be solved by our own immigration reform. instead, we choose to ignore that and demonize these poor people! what is wrong with you people???

Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM

185 posts, read 355,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A point that no one in this forum is arguing against.

We have people in this country who are evil, deviant, and fully capable of committing the vilest crimes against their fellow citizens with impugnity.

Why in the name of all that is sane, do we want to import more?

It is hard to fathom how anyone could bury an axe in the head of an innocent nine-year-old boy, but that was the unimaginable fate of Jordin Paulder of Fulton County, Georgia, on June 5. The killer was "Honduran native" Santos Benigno Cabrera Borjas.

Three children were playing in the parking lot of the Chastain Apartments in Sandy Springs early Monday evening when a red car with a wobbly wheel drove through. Jordin Paulder, a 9-year-old boy with chubby cheeks, called out to the car's passengers to tell them of the bad tire. Jordin didn't mean to insult anybody, he just thought they should know, witnesses told police.

But the car stopped. A man got out and slammed an ax into Jordin's face. Emergency workers were afraid to remove the ax during the helicopter flight to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite hospital, where Jordin died
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/northfulton/stories/0607metax.html (broken link)6/7/06, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

If there is another case of someone being murdered because of possibly reporting an illegal alien to the authorities, I don't know of it. That fact makes this crime uniquely shocking, as well as how a 40-year-old actress, Adrienne Shelly, was killed in a situation disguised to look like suicide. But what was really being hidden was the immigration status of the killer.

"I was having a bad day," illegal immigrant Diego Pillco, 19, allegedly told cops. "I didn't mean to kill her. But I did kill her." Pillco told detectives that he punched Shelly, 40, last Wednesday afternoon outside the Abingdon Square apartment she was using as an office after she yelled at him about the noise he was making while working in a vacant apartment below. [...]

After seeing she was unconscious and believing she was dead, Pillco claimed, he dragged Shelly into her apartment, wrapped a bed sheet around her neck and attached it to a shower rod in the bathroom to make it appear she had hanged herself, sources said.

Shelly was discovered hanged in the shower of her Greenwich Village apartment/office on Nov. 1 by her husband Andy Ostroy. Police originally thought she might have been a suicide, but the family objected that her life was going too well for that, plus a sneaker print in the bathtub was from a stranger.

Adrienne Shelly had everything to live for. She had become more interested in writing and directing, and was looking forward to the release of her film "Waitress." She had a 3-year-old daughter, Sophie.

But her life meant nothing to an illegal alien who would do anything to protect himself. Diego Pillco, a 19-year-old illegal immigrant who had been renovating the apartment below Shelly's office, told cops in a chilling confession that he was afraid of getting arrested and deported, sources said.
[Killer staged her 'suicide', New York Daily News, 10/6/06] New York City's Hometown Newspaper - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/469037p-394681c.html - broken link)

To be clear, the medical examiner said that Shelly died from "compression to the neck" meaning she was alive when Diego Pillco hanged her to prevent her reporting him to immigration agents.

These are only two of the numerous victims of illegal alien crime. I doubt that it gives their family much comfort to know that there are citizen criminals within the U.S. capable of committing the same attrocities. All they know is that their loved ones would still be alive if our sovereign laws were enforced and these criminal aliens had never been allowed into the country.

Immigrations Human Cost
I remember those stories Kele, hard to believe humans can behave like that. We're supposed to show them compassion when at the same time they don't even recognize our right to stay alive.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
they have no business being here unless they pay a few thousand and wait a few years. if they cant do that, they can just rot and die in mexico, right?

sorry if i appreciate my fortune of simply being born a few miles north of the border. im not selfish. ill gladly help the unfortunate. i support social programs. and if people are desperate enough to cross illegally (due to OUR lack of a fair immigration process), then i support reaching out to them.

SO MANY of our illegal immigration problems could be solved by our own immigration reform. instead, we choose to ignore that and demonize these poor people! what is wrong with you people???
That's your business what you think you are willing to sacrifice - more power to you! But you can't expect everyone else to think like you do, and you certainly can't compel everyone to sacrifice their standard of living to help others (but only those who are south of the border - I have yet to see you mention your pity on the truly downtrodden and starving in the world - hint - they aren't Mexicans).

We have LIMITS on how many people can immigrate here legally from each country. What you are expecting the US to do is drop the velvet rope to allow all Mexicans in that want to come here. Newsflash! There are plenty of people in other parts of the world who really are rotting and dying, and it isn't in Mexico. Do you give a diddly doo darn about them?

Please show us some information about people rotting and dying in Mexico. Perhaps people would be more sympathetic to your position if you supported your outlandish arguments with some backup.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
I remember those stories Kele, hard to believe humans can behave like that. We're supposed to show them compassion when at the same time they don't even recognize our right to stay alive.
^GENERALIZATION. not all illegals are murderers. those come in all colors.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:49 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
Well Ghost...a lot of us think you're wrong. Why does not agreeing with you mean that someone MUST be mentally defective?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great post, Miborn!

Does anyone other than myself wonder why our leaders in Washington cannot comprehend something so obvious?

As GHOST is quick to point out in a very lop-sided way . . . we have plenty of criminals of all shapes, colors and sizes here legally, we definitely do not need the ILLEGALS to add to the pot.

Has anyone ever noticed how quickly many flee home once they have committed a crime? ! ! ! !
Thanks!
Yeah I'd say most and they wait for things to settle down and again sneak across our border like a thief in the night to again hide out in our country!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Leave it to Ghost to use our "legal due process" in defense of people with an "illegal" status. It is mind-numbing to see how you twist and tangle your points throughout this forum.
Yes it is mind- numbing!
I have wondered if there is some sort of a comprehension issue.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That's your business what you think you are willing to sacrifice - more power to you! But you can't expect everyone else to think like you do, and you certainly can't compel everyone to sacrifice their standard of living to help others (but only those who are south of the border - I have yet to see you mention your pity on the truly downtrodden and starving in the world - hint - they aren't Mexicans).
youre right. i cant expect everyone to be humanitarian. just the good natured.

Quote:
We have LIMITS on how many people can immigrate here legally from each country. What you are expecting the US to do is drop the velvet rope to allow all Mexicans in that want to come here. Newsflash! There are plenty of people in other parts of the world who really are rotting and dying, and it isn't in Mexico. Do you give a diddly doo darn about them?
what are the limits? how are they determined? again, we can increase our population 10x over (read: 3 billion people), and still not crack the top 25 in population density. i do care about the poor all over the world, but we need to address the problems one at a time. although mexico may not be the most downtrodden, they are the most immediate to us, and since they are providing us with the largest number of immigrants, they are a logical first step.

Quote:
Please show us some information about people rotting and dying in Mexico. Perhaps people would be more sympathetic to your position if you supported your outlandish arguments with some backup.
Rains bring Mexico's poverty to surface - Washington Post - MSNBC.com (broken link)

one recent article.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Well Ghost...a lot of us think you're wrong. Why does not agreeing with you mean that someone MUST be mentally defective?
i didnt say mentally defective, but cold-blooded for sure. if the roles were reversed, so would your perspectives. at least i can say that if the roles were reversed for myself, i would be appreciative of people like my current self.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Excellent post Miborn. Illegal aliens are more of a clear and present danger than al queda.
Thanks.
I think it is important to post this sort of thing especially when we have Gov officials pressing for them to have legal status.
They do not deserve to jump to the front of the line.
Also the sad reality is that most are criminals.
Criminals will go where they can commit crimes without punishment. That is a no brainer.
The crimes committed are terrible terrible crimes. They are not crimes like taking a loaf of bread from the store.

Another posted that they might join with the terrorists well, frankly that is a possibility for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration