Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,474,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i didnt say mentally defective, but cold-blooded for sure. if the roles were reversed, so would your perspectives. at least i can say that if the roles were reversed for myself, i would be appreciative of people like my current self.
Just because there are people who have more than me I do not commit crimes against them and take what is theirs away from them.
But then again I do not have a criminal mind nor do I think I am entitled to what others have because it is more than me.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
Quote:
more fear-mongering...

cigarettes are a greater threat to us than illegal aliens.

a citizen, timothy mcvey, carried out a terrorist attack. even the 9/11 hijackers all had visas at one point.

andrea yates killed her 4 children. shes also a citizen.

wheres the outrage and fear of our own citizen populace? they obviously show the same potential, if not worse, for violent crime.
BRILLIANT--I hadn't thought of that !...let's deport our OWN criminals, too.-how about to Antarctica?....And let's send the cigarette-smokers with them !

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2007 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Let's reduce the sarcasm

Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times
Quote:
because it is stupid to punish a whole group of people based on the actions of a few.
Then they should be willing to undergo the same rigorous scrutiny required of LEGAL immigrants. That's all anyone who argues against illegal immigration is saying.

See, you keep wanting to make this about a specific geo-political group of people when it isn't about that at all.

Americans simply want our current laws enforced and we want immigrants to this country to respect this country and her citizens enough to follow those laws, just as generations before them have done and as LEGAL immigrants to this country continue to do today.

Personally, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:29 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times
Check this link out guys, News: Study: Immigrant crime rate low - OCRegister.com

Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,446,964 times
Sigh. Tell that to the new Haitian gangs in South Florida that not only have turned once middle class and nice neighborhoods into complete trash (such as Lake Worth), but are also constantly showing up on the news as either shot dead or wanted shooter.

I feel sorry for people who have to pick up and leave the places they've called home for decades because the trash keeps washing up on shore. Whole lotta bad apples coming in in those barrels with the good ones!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Sigh. Tell that to the new Haitian gangs in South Florida that not only have turned once middle class and nice neighborhoods into complete trash (such as Lake Worth), but are also constantly showing up on the news as either shot dead or wanted shooter.

I feel sorry for people who have to pick up and leave the places they've called home for decades because the trash keeps washing up on shore. Whole lotta bad apples coming in in those barrels with the good ones!

I see this sorta happening in the town I live in. I live in a middle class neighborhood with good schools and all. Just recently there has been more Black and Latino students at our school and our city and nothing good is coming from them. The only reason they come to my school is because they are "intra district transfers". This whole program is bogus and should be taken out!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
Not to take away from any posts here, but just to add my 2 cents---I've been to Haiti twice, and, though it's certainly interesting, by Western standards, it comes close to being a "lawless society". The corruption in Haiti makes Mexico look like Switzerland, and the poverty is like nothing else in the Western Hemisphere. It's pretty much a case of "every man for himself", and the powerful prey unmercifully on the weak.

With this in mind, when thousands of Haitians find themselves in a "First World" nation (here)...what makes us think they'll "assimilate'?...is it the AIR here? or the WATER? Why should we think they'll suddenly "learn how we do things here", since WE OURSELVES hold immigrants to no "standards" of behavior? We ask almost NOTHING of immigrants, expecting them (I guess) to just "learn the ropes" here by ----imitating us? I don't know--I've never really gotten a clear answer to this. All I know is, when you get a lot of people from Haiti, theyre probably going to think, act, and behave as if they were in Haiti, unless someone shows them differently. We don't seem to want to do this.

Thanks for listening...

Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,375,615 times
Quote:
ill concede that all illegal immigrants are criminals when you all concede that their anchor babies are legal citizens, and neither law should be changed.

im waiting....
Yeah, I'd kind'a like to see all these folks' take on this myself. Afterall, over and over again folks here harp on the fact that illegal immigrants broke and that the law must be enforced. Well the law is anchor babies are Americans - no ifs, ands or buts.

So how important is the law now people?

Somehow I doubt that you all think the law is so important anymore - at least not THAT law.

Hmmmmmm

Ken

Old 11-09-2007, 11:38 PM

635 posts, read 1,748,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Sigh. Tell that to the new Haitian gangs in South Florida I feel sorry for people who have to pick up and leave the places they've called home for decades because the trash keeps washing up on shore.
1. What does a Haitian gang have to do with illegal immigrants?

2. Leave your racism at the book door, "trash keeps washing up on shore." That trash is human beings just like you whether you have a problem or not.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,375,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
1. What does a Haitian gang have to do with illegal immigrants?

2. Leave your racism at the book door, "trash keeps washing up on shore." That trash is human beings just like you whether you have a problem or not.
Yeah, I've taken a lot of heat on other threads for pointing out the racist tendencies of many of the posters here - and yet once again here it is.

The fact is, many of the folks posting here just don't seem to like Mexicans (or apparently Haitians) - hence the constant harping on individual horrific crimes committed by individual illegal immigrants - when in fact any of us more reasonble folks could just as easily post the details of a dozen equally-terrible crimes committed by home-grown Americans. Clearly posting details of such crimes is merely a cheap attempt at provoking a gut reaction of outrage - regardless of the logic of such a response

That's my take anyway,

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration