Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
Thank you, (Taking a bow) You know what the gist of it is....We have been in the RESTAURANT/BAKERY business for over 40 years including my parents. My children slept on flour sacks baking the breads, cooking the food. Thats what they grew up with so yea, He has EXPERIENCE and can't get paid that much.

I am a Wilton Trained professional Pastry Chef. I had to retire when my wrists went out.
Note that 'JesusIsLord' lives in California and he does have a point of having to offer higher wages than, say, in Waco, Texas--------although, 'solving' the problem by hiring illegals is stupid at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 10:30 PM

323 posts, read 743,999 times
Thats what I mean. There isn't any Americans left in California?

Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,677,343 times
starwalker fallen angel

hey i resemble that remark. im an american citizen, honest. no greencard nothing like that. but to prove it i'll help with the grammar, its there aren't any americans not
there isn't any americans. ok?
but i tell you truthfully, sometimes i do feel like a foreigner here. i am not very much like the people that live here.
that is why i like CD so much its my lil window to the world.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Actually; surprisingly enough, there is still some of that 1960's 'surfer vibe/hippie scene' left in places like Yucca Valley. It and Joshua Tree are N of Palm Springs in the High Desert.

I drove through there early last year and I felt at 'home'; a few Hispanics who were true blue American because the area was definitely 'Anglo' in culture.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,967,438 times
Quote:
Then you've never heard of my town here next to Hayward and Oakland. It is home to the East Bay Minutemen and former headquarters for the EastBay K.K.K. They used to hold Klan meetings at the adult school . But like I said before in another thread, it doesn't take an immigrant a couple of months to become a full blown American, it is likely they will never assimilate in their life time. But their children, and their children's children, will look and think (and maybe eat) like an American.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM

229 posts, read 348,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
The people running companies must stop hiring illegals and pay a higher wage to Americans in the beginning, when illegals are sent back home. This would cause millions of unemployed and employed Americans to resettle and fill those jobs. Illegals have completely taken over many fields of work in areas and Americans won't take it any more.
People also need to learn to go without non-essentials. If these companies lost all their customers even for a day, they would be forced to listen. But people can't live without videogames, maids, and cable I guess.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
People also need to learn to go without non-essentials. If these companies lost all their customers even for a day, they would be forced to listen. But people can't live without videogames, maids, and cable I guess.
I certainly can

Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 PM

229 posts, read 348,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I certainly can
I am also one who can. We are few and far between unfortunately.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
I am also one who can. We are few and far between unfortunately.
More and more us are fast finding out that 'less is more'

Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 AM

299 posts, read 548,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I certainly can
I am with you on this and I wonder why it is that the pro-illegal crows thinks that all Americans have, or even want, maids. Got any ideas on that? I have never had a maid and I would never want one. But the, I have always worked my whole life and I have earned anything I have. I don't get government give-aways like the illegals and even legal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration